Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 18:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
But, Keeping aside the styling part, the bike is really an excellent product with 14 bhp under belt, with monoshocks, rear disc (Nissin), digital console, 110 rear tyre, specially developed front sticky tyre (Zapper FQ, thread patter is like R15 tyre), viscous air filter, MF battery, etc. All this at an extrac cost of 4k than CB Unicorn.
The rear disc is the only proper feature there. Hope that it is not an optional fitment.
Old 19th May 2010, 00:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Agree with you fully. Something missing in the Dazzler. Though it is better than Unicorn, it is not as great looker as a Stunner. Hunk looks lot better than this Dazzler.

They could have named it as 'Unicorn Sports'. Dazzler??

But, Keeping aside the styling part, the bike is really an excellent product with 14 bhp under belt, with monoshocks, rear disc (Nissin), digital console, 110 rear tyre, specially developed front sticky tyre (Zapper FQ, thread patter is like R15 tyre), viscous air filter, MF battery, etc. All this at an extrac cost of 4k than CB Unicorn.
agreed they are giving away a better package at the end of the day thats fine and done deal.

but man only 14bhp??? and the same old engine?

couldnt they even try for a 15bhp out of the same engine at the least? (heck even the new pulsar has 15 horses churning out of 135mill).

now i am and like me i am sure there are scores of more guys tierd of waiting to get a bigger cc bikes from Honda and Yamaha at a resonable price. no more waiting at least i am not gonna.

EDIT: one quick question. does this "Dazzler" come with a side stand indicator? if not Honda are you listening we could really use one on this bike!

Last edited by rider60 : 19th May 2010 at 00:15.
Old 19th May 2010, 01:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

my bad just checked the pulsar 135 is 13.5bhp.
Old 19th May 2010, 07:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

The new Pulsar 150 UG 4.5 churns out 15.09 PS.
Old 19th May 2010, 16:28   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by erohit View Post
It was long due. They should have launched this 1-2 years back. Anyway better late than never. Price is also not very bad considering the features it offers.

I just heard that Discover 150cc is starting from price tag of Rs 46,000. I just wonder how bajaj keep the cost down ? It is unbelievable pricing.
The discover 150 is the same pulsar 150 workhorse slightly modded. Besides, i am sure it doesn't cost much to increase bore dia by a few mm and rest everything kept same!
Old 19th May 2010, 17:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportz_kruzer View Post
The discover 150 is the same pulsar 150 workhorse slightly modded. Besides, i am sure it doesn't cost much to increase bore dia by a few mm and rest everything kept same!
Please don't post wrong information. The Discover 150's engine is entirely different from the Pulsar 150's. The former uses DTS-Si and the latter uses DTS-i. The former pumps out 13 odd PS while the later pumps out 15 odd PS.

EDIT : Also, may i add that Bajaj atleast does this experimentation of increasing/decreasing bore stroke length and gives us better upgrades unlike sticker jobs from other manufacturers. Let's come to HH/Honda now. The Unicorn's mill is used in HH Hunk, HH Acheiver, HH CBZ Xtreme. The Activa's engine is used in Dio, HH Pleasure. The same 97.2cc mill which originally came with the CD 100 is/was used in CD 100 SS, CD Dawn, Dawn, Joy, Splendor, Splendor +, Passion, Passion +, Passion Pro, CD Sleek, Street and a few more.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 19th May 2010 at 17:52.
Old 30th September 2010, 20:33   #22
NFS
BHPian

@ Chennai No Dealers taking bookings till October. If they book in October, the wait period is said to be 6 months or more? Any idea of why this is? Any contacts among BHPians for getting it earlier? A friend of mine is desperate to get Unicorn and now looking at booking Pulsar (he is not happy).

He is not ready to wait for 6 months (even I think it is not worth waiting that long).

NFS
Old 30th September 2010, 21:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
@ Chennai No Dealers taking bookings till October. If they book in October, the wait period is said to be 6 months or more? Any idea of why this is? Any contacts among BHPians for getting it earlier? A friend of mine is desperate to get Unicorn and now looking at booking Pulsar (he is not happy).

He is not ready to wait for 6 months (even I think it is not worth waiting that long).

NFS
Sad about the bhp part :(

My Honda dealer had Dazzler in stock ( two colors,silver and another one) ! Sad that I didnt have enough $ to buy one.
Old 3rd February 2011, 21:30   #24
BHPian

Re: Honda CB Unicorn Dazzler

The regular Unicorn churns out 13.5 Bhp at 8000 rpm
The dazzler churns out 14 bhp at 8500 rpm?

Any reports on actual FE for this bike?
Is there still a wait period for this bike?

I'm giving the tubeless tyres, disc brakes a thumbs up but the styling gets a thumbs down.
Old 4th February 2011, 09:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post

I'm giving the tubeless tyres, disc brakes a thumbs up but the styling gets a thumbs down.
Trust me, I was considering trading my Pulsar for the Dazzler, got a quote, and then I inquired one of my mates who recently bought one about the FE. He said that he gets a dismal figure of 36kmpl.
Old 4th February 2011, 14:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
He said that he gets a dismal figure of 36kmpl.
Could you post a bit more details regarding the said bike if possible.
Is it still within the 1000kms run-in period?
Has the run-in instructions been followed if its past the initial 1000kms?
Riding style of your friend?

Sorry about the many questions but am intrigued about the dismal figures from the same mill which was tuned for 0.5bhp more.
Old 4th February 2011, 15:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Could you post a bit more details regarding the said bike if possible.
Is it still within the 1000kms run-in period?
Has the run-in instructions been followed if its past the initial 1000kms?
Riding style of your friend?

Sorry about the many questions but am intrigued about the dismal figures from the same mill which was tuned for 0.5bhp more.
It is NOT in the running-in period. The bike is around 10 months old, running-in instructions were followed.

Riding style is normal. Mostly within city limits and with pillion for 50% of the time.

Well, this is not surprising to me. Another friend who owns a CBZ X gets highly varied figures according to his riding style. He gets as low as 32 and the max he has got is 47, with sedate riding and never crossing 60kmph.

The Hondas are sure not as fuel efficient as the Pulsar 150. Maybe the twin-spark advantage. And no cold starting problems ever, unlike the Hondas.
Old 4th February 2011, 16:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
The Hondas are sure not as fuel efficient as the Pulsar 150. Maybe the twin-spark advantage. And no cold starting problems ever, unlike the Hondas.
Thanks for posting the details.
A friend who owns the Unicorn (Not Dazzler) is able to extract 55kmph consistently for nearly 3 years now. This is non peak hour city traffic and sane riding with occasional speeds of 70-75kmph only. Hence the query regarding the efficiency of Dazzler being so low and the riding style.
Old 4th February 2011, 16:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Thanks for posting the details.
A friend who owns the Unicorn (Not Dazzler) is able to extract 55kmph consistently for nearly 3 years now. This is non peak hour city traffic and sane riding with occasional speeds of 70-75kmph only. Hence the query regarding the efficiency of Dazzler being so low and the riding style.
I concur with your friends statement , I am riding the Unicorn since last 5 years and I am getting a consistent mileage of 55 kmpl, under normal city traffic condition.
Old 6th February 2011, 12:25   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post

The same conclusion as mine. Yes, 14 bhp at 8500 rpm for dazzler, I went and checked out both Unicor and Dazzler yesterday at Haiku Honda in Domlur. They said for both the waiting period is 30-45 days.
The only advantage I felt in dazzler was winder tyres and rear disks, else I would have gone for Unicorn. HH Hunk was another bike that intrested me, but now bit relectuant due to Hero and Honda parting ways.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks