Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 20:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Aquarian - Check out this site for your needs on manual
Other than Bajaj Chetak and Discover, I didn't see any info on any common/recent Indian bike in the site.

Also, I have HH Passion and Ford Ikon and both the manuals are very basic. I'd be very thankful if anyone could help me procure the workshop manuals for these vehicles.
Old 13th May 2010, 20:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Other than Bajaj Chetak and Discover, I didn't see any info on any common/recent Indian bike in the site.
Yes, that link was for Aquarian's Discover to get some overall view.

Quote:
Also, I have HH Passion and Ford Ikon and both the manuals are very basic. I'd be very thankful if anyone could help me procure the workshop manuals for these vehicles.
Workshop manual for Ford Ikon - I couldn't find any links posted in our community; you probably need to contact (fight) Ford to obtain one.
Passion - Again, you may want to talk with Hero Honda
Old 16th May 2010, 02:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

@ RRAHUL: yes you can switch to the Full insurance any time. but all the vehicles are entitled to a full insurance uptill 15 years of their life there after you can just get a thirdparty insurance
Old 18th May 2010, 13:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool.aquarian View Post
Also only I drive the vehicle at all times and very carefully in sparse traffic. Also in case of accident, does insurance really help that much, coz I think people get away with minor errors(it is just a bike after all.. what real damage can it do) by not taking the matter to cops and settling the matter with other party involved in accident then and there only.

CA,

All the Best! with you self assuring logics.

Experienced people can tell you that motor cycles can kill even at low speeds (eg, hitting a kid or an old man). God forbid you should (or for that matter any one) never be in that position, but it looks like you would learn your lessons the hard way only.

With indian coulrts awarding amounts like INR 50,000.00 as no fault liability compensation for relatively minor injury and low % of permenant disablement, I wouldn't want to be caught out ona accident situation with a vehicle that has no insurance at all.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Most Viewed