Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 08:05   #1
BHPian

Honda’s (HMSI) “Customer Care” is a big Joke!!

My recent interactions/communications with Customer Care of Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India Ltd. (HMSI) left me in a state of shock.

The Case:

I have given my three-month old, 2000km run CBF Stunner PGM-FI for second service at JSP Honda, Kukatpally, Hyderabad. The technician found a defective CrankShaft and JSP Honda offered to replace the same under warranty in four days time. After they opened the engine, found that the Crank Shaft for Stunner FI is different from Carburetted Stunner and the spare was not available anywhere in Hyderabad. Sensing the delay in procuring the Crankshaft, I complained to Honda for speeding up the process to get the spare from HMSI. I got a prompt and quick reply from HMSI Customer Care that they would look into the matter and get back to me soon. Even after a week, there was no response from Customer Care and I mailed them again, particularly asking them why the process is more delayed even after the complaint. I even called up the numbers provided in the mail from them but nobody answered (multiple calls). Now, I found that JSP Honda put the order for the crankshaft a week after they found that the same was not available in Hyderabad.

Now, it is almost 14 days, and I directly called Honda Plant’s phone number, and my call was transferred to a lady in Customer Care, who is aware of my problem, and when I specifically asked why there has been a delay in order by JSP Honda, she only asked me if I was contacted by the dealer. With this answer, I understood that they were not following up the case. I asked her to transfer the call to a superior for further escalation. She told me, she would return the call to my mobile number with the superior in an hour. Even after a day, there has been no return call.

This is the state of the Customer Care of HMSI.

The Chronology of Events:

18th May: Gave my bike for second service. By afternoon the technician informed me that the Crank Shaft was defective and they will replace it under warranty in max four days.

21st May: I have been following with them regularly and after the warranty approval came, they started work to replace the Crank Shaft. Later, they found that the part is not fitting and Stunner FI needs a different Crank Shaft than regular Stunner. There was no stock of this Crankshaft in Hyderabad. The Works Manger told me he would try the spare if available anywhere in South India.

24th May: Now with no stock available anywhere in south, and my bike's engine completely dismantled for the past 3 days, I am a lot worried as to what is the next course. No specified time is available when the part will come. I have shot a mail to HMSI’s Customer Care asking speeding up the process and direct a senior engineer to supervise the process.

25th May: Got quick reply from Sandeep Rai, Customer Care, who assured me they would look into the matter and get back to me very soon.

28th May: Contacted JSP Honda’s Service Manager who told me that they put a flight order for the spare on the same day (28th May). Now, there has been an full week delay in ordering the spare, and this happened even after I complained to Honda. The works manger and service manger of JSP Honda are not happy with me contacting the Customer Care.

28th May: Called multiple times to the numbers I got form the Signature of Mr. Sandeep Rai, Customer Care of HMSI. Nobody answered the calls. I wrote a mail again asking about the update as to what action has been taken by Honda. No reply till 31st May.

31st May: Called HMSI’s Factory number and spoke to a lady in Customer Care, and I explained the entire ordeal and said I was not happy with the Customer Care and want to escalate the issue. She said she would call back with a superior that I can complain. No return call even after a day.

My bike's engine has been completely dismantled for the past 15 days, and still no sign when I would get my bike back. The HMSI’s Customer Care, who are supposed to help, were casual and nonchalant even after my complaint. Now, I suspect HMSI does not have any control over their dealerships. JSP Honda seems purposefully delayed ordering the spare even after I complained to the Customer Care. There has been a communication to JSP Honda from Customer Care after my complaint. JSP Honda who are supposed to speed up the process, delayed it more and put order for the spare only after a week.

Now, I would like to escalate this matter to MD or CEO of HMSI, or if possible Honda Japan. Anybody’s help in regards to this matter would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 1st June 2010 at 08:07.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:47   #2
BHPian

this is a terible thing. never expected this kind of delay and ignorant behavior from HONDA. Do not leave the matter unpersued. You can file the case if nothing goes through in consumer forum ? i guess.
Old 1st June 2010, 22:41   #3
BHPian

Hello, anybody knows how to contact the CEO of HMSI? I have ran out of options as the Customer Care is not responding.

Just now, shot my third mail to Customer Care of HMSI and this would be my last mail to Customer Care. If I do not get any call from Customer Care tomorrow, I am seriously contemplating escalating this matter to CEO of HMSI. I would highly appreciate if anybody provides any contact information.

I just do not want to take delivery of my bike, even if it is ready, unless a senior Honda engineer certifies that everything is fine with my bike. I have clearly communicated this to Customer Care and waiting for their reply.
Old 1st June 2010, 23:14   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Hello, anybody knows how to contact the CEO of HMSI?
You have a pm from me. You can write to the Customer Service with a CC to both of them and hopefully hear back soon.
Old 1st June 2010, 23:48   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
You have a pm from me. You can write to the Customer Service with a CC to both of them and hopefully hear back soon.
mantrig, thanks a lot. I have been searching all over the net for this information. Just shot a mail to CC with cc to them. Hopefully, my issue will be resolved soon.

Thanking you one more time.
Old 2nd June 2010, 00:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

man i am sorry u had to face such a terrible thing, after all such a thing shouldnt happen with any one at all.

may be HONDA should think twice about their motto of " IF A PRODUCT IS GOOD IT SELLS ITSELF", man hh would have responded in a better way i guess.

i hope you get a response from them soon.

HONDA if you are listening let this be a lesson to you. i hope people think twice about buying honda bikes and products from such experiences from now on atleast.

i hope with all my heart that this thread would get the same acclaim as the SKODA India therad and people take notice.

all the best and ravi please tell us as to how the problem started and the rest of the story as to why you needed to get a Crank Shaft change.
Old 2nd June 2010, 02:18   #7
BHPian

Hi Yash, thanks for your comments.

It is really funny that my bike was running very much fine and when I gave for second service, I told them there is a slight different note to engine and check it. Afternoon, I got a call from the technician that the Crankshaft is defective.
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:38   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
mantrig, thanks a lot. I have been searching all over the net for this information. Just shot a mail to CC with cc to them. Hopefully, my issue will be resolved soon.

Thanking you one more time.
Hey Ravi, C'mon mate.

We join this site with the commitment to help our fellow Team-Bhpians where we can and with the assurance that the same folks will help us where we are stuck in whichever way they can.

So don't bother much & all the best with getting your bike back to the pristine condition to your satisfaction.

Cheers!!!
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:00   #9
BANNED

Writing to Mr Takashi Nagai, the CEO is of no use. First it will be referred back to the dealer and then you will have some low level minion putting the entire thing back on you. I have put my correspondence with then on a thread on Honda recently.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:12   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Writing to Mr Takashi Nagai, the CEO is of no use. First it will be referred back to the dealer and then you will have some low level minion putting the entire thing back on you. I have put my correspondence with then on a thread on Honda recently.
Mr. Takashi Nagai is the CEO for Honda Siel Cars India. Mr. Shanji Aoyma is the CEO for Honda Motorcycles and Scooters Inida.

You may be right, I have not got any response from Customer Care even after I mailed to the CEO. I wonder if HMSI is functioning.
ravi@64bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:27   #11
BHPian

Update

Finally, at last, I crankshaft arrived today to JSP Honda and received a call from the Technician. The assembling has been started and hopefully I will receive my bike tomorrow, after 18 days.

Morning also got a call from Warehouse manager, Vivek Agarwal, who explained that why there has been a delay in ordering the spare. Seems they have moved from Noida to Gurgoan, and they are implementing SAP.

I do not know if I ever get a call from Customer Care or should I think this is the final response HMSI will have with me.
Old 4th June 2010, 21:38   #12
BHPian

Regional Honda Engineer, Mr. Sashikumar today visited the JSP Honda and inspected my bike and assured me that everything is fine with my bike. I am yet to ride the bike. Assembling of bike is finished and was ready for delivery, but as I have ordered a small modification for handle bar which needed some widening of holes which will be done tomorrow morning. Hopefully, this modification will relive handle bar from vibrating completely. If this is successful, it is a good news for all the stunner owners.

The JSP engineer will ride the bike for 15-20 km tomorrow morning and ensure everything is fine.

Mr. Sashikumar was apologetic and explained why the delay was and why CC has not responded in time. Seems there was lack of proper coordination between all the departments due to the shift of spares house and software and network upgradation. And, he agreed that I should have been informed of the situation well in time to avoid all this confusion.

Anyway, things are quite satisfactory for now as my requests were looked after, eventhough late.

I will get my bike tomorrow and update accordingly.
ravi@64bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 19:23   #13
BHPian

Re: Honda’s (HMSI) “Customer Care” is a big Joke!!

Hello!
I'm facing a similar issue with my activa. It has been giving some weird sound from the engine and since I don't use it often (used by my sister who's in college) I didn't notice it much. But after a couple of months I found that sound to be much worse. When I approached a newly opened up service center near my house, they told me that it was an engine problem, may be something to do with the crankshaft (all this just by listening to the sound). First they tell me that the warranty is covered only for one year (which I doubt it because I distinctly remember seeing it was 2 years or 24 months in the booklet). Second since I didn't have each and every bill since my first service along with me, they said they cannot touch the bike if I were to claim warranty!! So I thought of just giving him what he wants and it wasn't really that big of a deal since I've serviced my bike on time (more or less), until the last service of course. And this problem has made me run around for the service record on my booklet as well for the past month or so (the service center near my house had insisted that the service record should be in the booklet). I had figured out right then that he was just trying to get rid of me.
I had bought a honda for its reliability and nothing else. I did not expect this from a honda (even if it is a bike). My warranty gets over in one and a half months. I just hope I'll be able to get this sorted out by then! I would like to send an email to CC but I'm not able to find it anywhere, only the numbers of their regional office. Can anyone help me with this?
Many Thanks!
-dieselat
Old 16th February 2012, 19:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

The Sundeep Rai is for everybody. On an earlier mail asking about Honda products, sometime last year, this was the reply (canned) I got.

Dear Sir,

We thank you for visiting our website and expressing your interest in Honda Products to be launched.

As you would understand that launching any product is related to company’s business strategy, which is dependent on the need of the market, Product range & launch schedules are finalized very near to the actual launch of the product.

We would like to inform you that we release limited press information in the leading Newspapers whenever any product launch is finalized. Also our Dealers do Local level promotions to inform the launch of new products to prospective customers.

We hope you will appreciate the same.

Thanking you once again for your interest in HONDA.

Sundeep Rai
Customer Relations
Tel : 0124-2291000, 98718 90834, 1800 11 3434 (Toll free for BSNL / MTNL)

Never heard from him again, despite writing a few times asking for more information.

Last edited by Shubz : 16th February 2012 at 19:50.
Old 7th January 2014, 14:25   #15
BHPian

Had a hard time in replacing disc pad and disc assembly for my Unicorn with KSN Honda Service Centre, Guindy. Never take your bike there!

The senior supervisor was not in uniform, and when iI asked he replied rudely. Their so called 'Senior Mechanic' Mr. Ganesh was also not addressing the issues, rather suggested to replace parts even before examining it.
Attaching pics of the pathetic Honda service centre. Avoid it completely
Attached Thumbnails
Honda’s (HMSI) “Customer Care” is a big Joke!!-image-1.jpg  

Honda’s (HMSI) “Customer Care” is a big Joke!!-image-2.jpg  

Last edited by Bottom Torque : 7th January 2014 at 14:45. Reason: Forgot to attach images
Bottom Torque is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks