Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2011, 11:42   #16
BHPian

Re: RE Classic 500 (New Owner's Thread): Tips & What to Expect

Hi trehansid,
congratulations on your new RE.
As far as seats are concerned, the best bet would be Khajanchi in Karol Bagh. It's pretty well known for manufacturing seats, luggage carriers & other related accessories. If nothing else you should visit Karol Bagh just to explore options.
singhsid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 12:09   #17

Hi Sid,
Thanks to have pointed Khajanchi out, i did find his name crop up in the RE accessories thread. I would certainly pay a visit that side.
Old 26th September 2011, 12:38   #18

ACCESSORY OUTLET IN DELHI
===================

For the new owners sake, sharing this link of a shop run by Chawlas in Karol Bagh (Delhi) selling accessories & quite a few options in seats as well - Royal Enfield Zone - Seats for Royal Enfield Bullet, Electra, Machismo, Thunderbird, Standard :: Royal Enfield Zone, New Delhi, India
trehansid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 13:20   #19
BHPian

Khajanchi @ Karol Bagh is excellent for bulleteers..
invincible7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 06:21   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trehansid View Post
BRAKES ON RE
===========

Is it sane to think of disc brakes for the rear wheel and has anyone tried it yet?
I'm sure everyone has an opinion about this but here is mine.

Over 85 percent of the braking on a motorcycle is done by the front brake.
Some might say the percentage is even higher.

This is only logical because almost all of the motorcycles (and your) weight is transferred to the front wheel when the brakes are applied heavily.

This leaves 15 percent (or less) of the braking force for the rear wheel to handle and old fashioned drum brakes are fully capable of handling that task.

A good friend who raced motorcycles (and often won) once told me, "The only real reason for that rear brake is to keep the rear of the bike from coming around to the side when the front brake is applied hard."

With the demands placed on racing motorcycles brakes these bikes are often equipped with disk brakes in the rear as well as dual disk brakes on the front. IMO, the rear disk is there more for its weight advantage over a drum brake than for a true need for it. Like Roger said, it is only there to keep the rear end planted.

The "racing image" that many modern motorcycles try to duplicate with their commercial bikes creates a need to put a disk brake on the rear so it "will look right".

Motorcycles with Anti-Lock brakes need a rear disk brake to work properly as the system needs to be able to modulate both the front and rear brakes so with those bikes that have this ABS feature it is needed.

For a Royal Enfield the existing drum brake is more than adequate.
ArizonaJim is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 08:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post

For a Royal Enfield the existing drum brake is more than adequate.
I agree. To add to what Jim has already said, I feel that adding a rear disk-brake would also make rear-wheel lock-ups more likely -- which in an emergency situation could make the bike the bike lose its stability and topple. Avoidable.
Old 27th September 2011, 10:08   #22

Re: PDI tips for the ENFIELD Classic 500, + suggestions on tire upgrades

Gd day Jim / RT,
Image was not on my mind at all, but safety surely was, hence thanks for the points shared.

Cheers
Old 17th October 2013, 16:37   #23
BHPian

PDI Checklist for a Bullet UCE!!!!

Hey Guys,

I am sorry if this is another thread that overlaps an existing one (which I could not find) and hence created this thread.

MODS - please move it if there a similar thread exists. It would be great if you could link me to that thread.

So here I am, after waiting a few months, I was told I shall get my Electra UCE in about 10 days or so. Fingers crossed on this one

This wait now is killing me more than the wait I had to put up with for over 4 months now.

I could not find a definitive PDI guide for UCE based engines. I would highly appreciate if someone could put up a guide here on what needs to be checked.

Since its an RE, I have heard horror stories and have also heard great things too from friends and colleagues, however having a proper guide would help me out before i take the delivery.

Please advice.
Old 17th October 2013, 18:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: PDI Checklist for a Bullet UCE!!!!

Congratulations gearbox. Quite recently I got my own Std Bullet 500, "Amun-Ra".
Before the delivery I had searched for the PDI,collected it from various points, wrote down the same, but at the time of the delivery I was so excited, that I overlooked to cross check each point with the PDI. My dream machine was standing right in front of me. I welcome you to please have a look at "Amun-Ra" and share your views.

With regards to the PDI, please visit the homepage of Royal Enfield and then download the owner's manual for your respective model. At the last few pages, you will find the PDI in the form of pdf file.

Let me be the first one to welcome you to the family of royal riders.
Drive safe, drive sound.
Old 17th October 2013, 20:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Congratulations gearbox. Quite recently I got my own Std Bullet 500, "Amun-Ra".
Before the delivery I had searched for the PDI,collected it from various points, wrote down the same, but at the time of the delivery I was so excited, that I overlooked to cross check each point with the PDI. My dream machine was standing right in front of me. I welcome you to please have a look at "Amun-Ra" and share your views.

With regards to the PDI, please visit the homepage of Royal Enfield and then download the owner's manual for your respective model. At the last few pages, you will find the PDI in the form of pdf file.

Let me be the first one to welcome you to the family of royal riders.
Drive safe, drive sound.
Thank You Majumdar Da, Appreciate it

I did see your post and did see the pictures in it, it was a great looking bull, congratulations on that.

I just hope i get mine within the next 10 days.

I shall download the manual as well, I know i would be too excited to really do a PDI, however the scene here is the dealer sends the vehicle for Registration etc even before they call you up for the payment.
Old 17th October 2013, 21:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hello Gearbox,

That is the usual ploy at all the Re dealerships. Just have an email agreement with them, that if after registration, something turns out at the time of the pdi, it will be their responsibility. Probably they will not agree to this. So politely ask them for PDI followed by registration. They should agree to this. Else you can contact the customer service and ask them for the ASM contact details.

Best regards,
Old 17th October 2013, 21:49   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations.
I'm only into my first motor bike ever since earlier this year. Got myself a nice restored 1975 bullet, 350cc. I've done 3.500 km so far. All, just for fun.

Have a look: http://www.india.jeroendorrestein.co...new_hobby.html

Really enjoying it. Here in Delhi there are multiple groups active on Facebook and there will be events just about every weekend. Good fun.

Enjoy, I'm sure you will!

Br Jeroen
Old 17th October 2013, 22:10   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Congratulations.
I'm only into my first motor bike ever since earlier this year. Got myself a nice restored 1975 bullet, 350cc. I've done 3.500 km so far. All, just for fun.

Really enjoying it. Here in Delhi there are multiple groups active on Facebook and there will be events just about every weekend. Good fun.

Enjoy, I'm sure you will!

Br Jeroen
WOW Man, That bullet is sick. Superb job done on it must say.
Old 18th October 2013, 16:17   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Congratulations.

Wow Jeroen! Gorgeous looking bike.

I still don't reckon I've attained the maturity to own a Royal Enfield, but your bike's pics have got me thinking. Maybe the time to own a thumper is coming soon. Hope to see your bike in flesh the next time I ride down to Delhi.

By the way, did I mention, gorgeous looking bike!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks