Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2005, 10:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

SCOOP..!!!HH's "new" 150cc...

hi, everybody...

i'm posting from my dad's place, so can't give you all the details now, but here's the gist;

hero honda is coming out with another 150cc bike, christened the "achiever"..! i've recently seen the bike, and i've got some scoop pics and an exclusive test ride...reports and pics coming soon in the evening, as i shall post from my house then...

here are the first impressions for all of youse;

the bike is coming in by diwali (deliveries start by 2nd week). it's a 150cc, pitted against the unicorn. the engine base seems to be derived from the cbz. the base variant comes with a drum/drum/kick-start setup, and the fully loaded version is expected to have disc/drum/self start setup; tacho is O.E on all variants.

and finally, the mouth-watering news that you have been anticipating- price: expected to be on the better half of 50G's....

more news and exclusive pics by the evening;until then,

ciao...
Old 27th October 2005, 10:36   #2
Team-BHP Support

woohoo...can't wait to sell my bike and pick up one of these!

On a serious note, I guess this is an upgrade to the old CBZ finally. Also, someone should shoot the guy who thinks of these names...
Old 27th October 2005, 10:44   #3
BHPian

Mod Note: Post deleted. Sorry, but we don't encourage cross posting.

Last edited by Rtech : 27th October 2005 at 11:04.
Old 27th October 2005, 12:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

actually the bike was launched 2 weeks back right? anyway, the price is 48k (starting ).

and according to a press guy( yah he is a member od team-bhp and xbhp), the bike is very good in terms of performance. i hope teh bike comes with alloys too 2 beat pulsar.
Old 27th October 2005, 12:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
woohoo...can't wait to sell my bike and pick up one of these!

On a serious note, I guess this is an upgrade to the old CBZ finally. Also, someone should shoot the guy who thinks of these names...
arre yaar, not everyone wants a performance bike, eh..? this one is targeted at the unicorn and the pulsar 150, and is meant for the masses...sort of an executive commuter...

and yes, i think this could be the long-awaited replacement for the cbz, but then again, there are drums in the front for the base version, and HH guys didn't mention anything about phasing out the cbz...

again, since i'm not posting from bombay, i can't upload the pics just yet. but here's a brief review..

Ride and handling: the suspension is well sorted, and can handle most of what the indian roads can throw at it. the chassis is the same single-downtube diamond-type affair from the cbz, karizma, ambition, etc.etc..., using the engine as a stressed member. tried and tested, this setup is fairly reliable, and endows the bike with decent capabilities. peg-scraping might not exactly be it's forte, since the base variant (that i tested) came with thin tyres (3.00x18) at rear, and are satisfactory at best. the seats are very comfortable though, and there is little or no vibration from the engine. overall, it tries to ape the unicorn in the ride and handling segement, and acquits itself quite well, despite the lack of a monoshock or gas-charged dampers...

Engine and transmission: the engine is a 150cc unit. although exact specs were not available, and i couldn't get my hands on any sort of manual (owner's or workshop), initial impressions suggest a slightly (de)tuned version of the cbz powerplant; expect 12 bhp, or thereabouts.transmission is a slick unit, with a one-down four up pattern, and gets a heel shifter too. the engine is very refined, and exhibits no signs of harshness; unlike the cbz, it revs considerably freely, and feels pretty smooth.

Performance and braking: since this was a very brief test ride, i couldn't push the bike to it's limits. the terrain was tarmac, and a highway, at that. therefore, roll-ons could not be practiced. acceleration feels sufficient though, and is in line with the current crop of 150cc-punters. top speed is somewhere in the region of 105kmph+, (speedo-read) and this was achieved on a brand-new non-run-in bike. although these figures are merely initial impressions, you should get the idea. the actual figures will be hovering somewhere around these numbers, with the top speed hovering at 105-110, 0-60 in the 5-6 second range, etc.
the roll-ons should be satisfactory, i feel, since the bike felt short-geared, to enhance in-city driveability. braking was no earth-shaking stuff, since i drove the drum-braked version, and it lacked the bite and feel of a disc-setup (well, D-U-H..!!). and since i couldn't lay my eyes on a disc -variant, my braking summary is based upon the drum-version. the braking, is adequate at best, considering the performance on tap...

Overall: and finally, how would i rate this bike...? well, although not exactly my cuppa tea, since it ain't no tarmac scorcher, this is definitely a good set of wheels. but then, so are the unicorns, pulsar 150's, and fieros...believe me, this is not going to re-write the history books in any way, and is just another 150....one more to the caravan, eh.. but then, this bike overcomes most of cbz's flaws, and is targeted at the commuter segment...reason for bajaj and honda to be worried..? perhaps yes, if priced right...
Old 27th October 2005, 12:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
actually the bike was launched 2 weeks back right?
hmmm....i don't think so...according to my guy, the bike's not being launched until diwali....
Old 27th October 2005, 12:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

i got the info frm another site dedicated 2 bikes
Old 27th October 2005, 13:36   #8
BHPian

Was just trying to help in giving some info!

Nevermind..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r
Mod Note: Post deleted. Sorry, but we don't encourage cross posting.
Old 27th October 2005, 13:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech

They could even have kept the name CBZ...sounds so much better. Why did it take so long for HH to react to the Dtsis? And veyron, you might want to tell us where you got the review from.
Old 27th October 2005, 18:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
And veyron, you might want to tell us where you got the review from.
GOT the review..???!!! now what in the name of god do you mean by that..?? that review is MINE, copyright=VEYRON1; meaning, those words have been put together by me, and this review sums up what i feel about that bike...

p.s- sorry if i sounded rude, but i thought you meant something in the "pulsarian" vein, what with the plagiarism season going on...

p.p.s- pics, as promised...

p.p.p.s...again, sorry about the quality of the pics, they were taken in very low lighting at the lowest setting of my phone-cam...
Old 27th October 2005, 18:55   #11
BHPian

veyron thats a cool revu and some decent pics u have put.

The bike looks decent and it wud be a tuff ask for it to be a big success. The price wud make a difference i feel.

U did it again dude..
Old 27th October 2005, 19:51   #12
BHPian

complete review on xbhp.com given by our best stunt-man,, BUnny Punia,,,,
Old 27th October 2005, 21:31   #13
BHPian

on the bike it is written 150 sports and the bike looks completly like a commuter bike and also the looks is nither great nor bad it is just average. Also nowdays HH coming with really wried names passion glamour achiever super splendor...........
Old 27th October 2005, 22:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

@vahs . me 2 read it ther but bunny could post nice pix like our frnd veyron here did. nic job mate
Old 27th October 2005, 22:19   #15
BHPian

The looks pedastrian!!...dont know when will the bike makers offer some good performance bikes. Guess bajaj has to push the envelope again.
HH has happily become reactive rather than proactive, in launching new bikes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks