Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2010, 12:52   #16
BHPian

Why there are no replies or suggestions from the members.
Old 18th June 2010, 14:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEAGCUSTOMS View Post
Why there are no replies or suggestions from the members.
I was waiting to see once considerable progress has been made.

Looking at the pics, there is something amiss with the stance of the bike.. I think its to do with the front fork rake. If you work on that the road presence and the looks of the bike will be enhanced. Have not been able to see the video but good progress with the work so far!
Old 18th June 2010, 16:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post

Looking at the pics, there is something amiss with the stance of the bike.. I think its to do with the front fork rake. If you work on that the road presence and the looks of the bike will be enhanced. Have not been able to see the video but good progress with the work so far!
The incomplete looking part is just due to rear mudguard, the covers and seat. Rest crossed fingers till completion.
Old 18th June 2010, 23:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Looking at the pics, there is something amiss with the stance of the bike.. I think its to do with the front fork rake. If you work on that the road presence and the looks of the bike will be enhanced.
+1.

That's what missing, the rake needs to increased in tune with the rest of the bike's character.

Something similar to this:
Attached Thumbnails
Creating a beast!!-a106.jpg  

Old 19th June 2010, 11:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
+1.

That's what missing, the rake needs to increased in tune with the rest of the bike's character.

Something similar to this:
Increasing the rake beyond permissible degrees (I think it is around 35 degrees or lesser in India, vis-a-vis 44 degrees in US) would make the bike illegal. I believe he won't like to exchanging greetings (few bucks) with Punjab cops everytime he crosses them.

Very Good Work THEAGCUSTOMS, but, I believe you can get most parts cheap from Karol Bagh, Delhi, rather than fabricating those on own... would save lot effort & probably few bucks (unless you have your own fabricating machines).
Old 19th June 2010, 14:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Increasing the rake beyond permissible degrees (I think it is around 35 degrees or lesser in India, vis-a-vis 44 degrees in US) would make the bike illegal. I believe he won't like to exchanging greetings (few bucks) with Punjab cops everytime he crosses them.

Very Good Work THEAGCUSTOMS, but, I believe you can get most parts cheap from Karol Bagh, Delhi, rather than fabricating those on own... would save lot effort & probably few bucks (unless you have your own fabricating machines).
Thank you sir for supporting. Rest for the parts, it is easily available here but not that much cheap then those there.
Old 19th June 2010, 19:37   #22
BHPian

Kudos to you for attempting to build a beast almost from scratch. As mentioned before improving the rake of the front forks and the handlebars will improve the bikes stance immensely.

I like the teardrop shaped tank but the alloys are not to my liking. I will be very interested in the final outcome of your project. Good luck
Old 20th June 2010, 01:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenmachinE View Post
Kudos to you for attempting to build a beast almost from scratch. As mentioned before improving the rake of the front forks and the handlebars will improve the bikes stance immensely.

I like the teardrop shaped tank but the alloys are not to my liking. I will be very interested in the final outcome of your project. Good luck
Thank's for writing down sir. The only process is left now is the rear mudguard. Waiting for it to be on road.
Old 30th June 2010, 20:47   #24

@THEAGCUSTOMS how is it comming along mate. Its been a while I don't see any updates, I am looking forward to see how your imaginations are taking shape.
Old 30th June 2010, 21:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEAGCUSTOMS View Post
Thank's for writing down sir. The only process is left now is the rear mudguard. Waiting for it to be on road.
Are you planning for RTO approval? Will it be easy to get?
Old 2nd July 2010, 00:36   #26
BHPian

I am still now busy in my second work of getting it a full fledged platform of advertising. As for the rto permission that i can manage.
Old 2nd July 2010, 00:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

Sorry TAC (The AgCustoms) I somehow missed your updates. Anyway, comments are posted on increasing the rake, so I leave that. Somehow it gives me a feeling that you're inspired by tear drop gas tank & HD street bob. I kinda get a feeling that the rear is too shorter than the front. What's your opinion or is there an engineering reason? And you completely got a new frame built didn't you?

What about the engine tech specs? Appreciate to share them.
Old 3rd July 2010, 00:16   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Sorry TAC (The AgCustoms) I somehow missed your updates. Anyway, comments are posted on increasing the rake, so I leave that. Somehow it gives me a feeling that you're inspired by tear drop gas tank & HD street bob. I kinda get a feeling that the rear is too shorter than the front. What's your opinion or is there an engineering reason? And you completely got a new frame built didn't you?

What about the engine tech specs? Appreciate to share them.
Yes my main aim was to built up a whole new frame this actually belongs to hard tail and soft tail hybrid family means that some design is made out from a bike which have no suspensions as the famous American choppers but due to Indian roads, I have to manage it with a suspension one. The second reason was the main reason, The alignment of my chain to the motor and tire. Its looking small because lacks rear mudguard and shields. Thanks for writing in also.
Old 3rd July 2010, 00:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Since this is a new frame you wouldn't be having a frame number right or do you? If it changes, how're you planning to get it registered with RTO?
Old 3rd July 2010, 09:42   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Since this is a new frame you wouldn't be having a frame number right or do you? If it changes, how're you planning to get it registered with RTO?
No, I have also used that metal pipe to which have original number registered on my R/C.

Most Viewed