Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2012, 10:25   #31
BHPian

Re: Vespa All Set To Re-enter Indian Market

The latest news: Piaggio will launch the much awaited Vespa scooter in India in the month of March 2012.

Their website, though just a one pager querying on dealerships is up.

Take a look: Piaggio
Old 20th February 2012, 10:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
[b]
Their website, though just a one pager querying on dealerships is up.
Believe majority of the cities, Piaggio have finalized/closing on the dealer stages. June must be month where the action gets more visible as one of my friend's note.
Old 20th February 2012, 11:00   #33
BHPian

In Bangalore, on the Lalbagh Road, right opposite the Passport Seva Kendra, the new Vespa dealership will open. I could see a board 'Opening Shortly' with the picture of the Vespa 125.

Regards
Suhas
Old 20th February 2012, 11:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
The LML 2 Storke was stoped some time back all that you can get now is the 4 stroke for around 50K on road in delhi.
Is this scooter available in Mumbai currently (feb2012)? If yes, which dealer?
I am considering a geared scooter to be bought in couple of months. Since I had my first ride of a Vespa NV, I would consider going back to the same product if available.
Old 4th March 2012, 21:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

I saw a new "coming soon" Vespa showroom in Bangalore today. Its on the Outer Ring Road - BSK III near Hosakerehalli cross. Name of the showroom is Falcon Motors(?). They had put up a wanted/hiring for almost every position in the showroom.
Old 24th March 2012, 15:58   #36
BHPian

I am looking at buying a 'new' generation scooter and I would like to see and test drive the Vespa in Bangalore. Any leads and numbers of Dealerships is much appreciated.
Old 24th April 2012, 11:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Vespa has opened its dealer showroom in Bangalore on Lalbagh road, located just next to the Yamaha showroom.

Was passing by yesterday and noticed a couple of customers inside the showroom. There were at least 4-5 bikes on display and the public on the road was ogling at these bikes. Couldnt take pics since traffic was moving.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 11:43   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Vespa has opened its dealer showroom in Bangalore on Lalbagh road, located just next to the Yamaha showroom.
There is a showroom opened in Pune as well. It is located right next to the former Maruti-Suzuki and now Tata dealer Millenium mobility in Wakdewadi. The showroom is right opposite Shoppers Stop on old Mumbai - Pune highway.

Last edited by n_aditya : 24th April 2012 at 11:46. Reason: quote tags fixed
Old 26th April 2012, 13:53   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Vespa scooters have been launched in India at a starting price tag of Rs.66,661/- ex showroom Maharashtra.Details here.
Sources-
Piaggio launches Vespa at Rs 66,661; to double scooter capacity in India - The Economic Times

Piaggio's iconic Vespa returns to India Photos | Pictures - Yahoo! News India

The designs and color schemes look eye catching on paper,hope it remains the same in flesh.
The company website is also up and about. http://www.vespaindia.com/

Last edited by BoneCollector : 26th April 2012 at 14:03.
Old 26th April 2012, 14:28   #40
BHPian

Looks good, but prices are on higher end, not sure how they will be able to attract customers.
Old 26th April 2012, 17:18   #41
BHPian

Re: Vespa Set To Re-enter India. EDIT: Now Launched @ Rs.66,661/- ex-showroom Maharas

The image associated with Vespa (& Bajaj) scooters is that of old (old fashioned thinking) and slow (compared with bikes). And top of it, scooters (I mean not the Activa types) are associated with middle class. Unlike retro car models like Beatle and Mini that were, atleast in India, never been the vehicles of the masses.
Hence, I doubt how many people would want to own a Vespa scooter and that too, at a premium of atleast 30% (assuming price of Activa, Wego etc to be appx 50K). When the image is not that of premium vintage 2 wheeler but that of an old scooter that are nowadays seen rusting in garages.
Having said that, I feel this new version actually looks good and reminds of the classic 70's. But is too feminine.
Old 26th April 2012, 17:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vespa Set To Re-enter India. EDIT: Now Launched @ Rs.66,661/- ex-showroom Maharas

Quote:
The firm will start delivering scooters in May. According to the executive, the Vespa LX125 is equipped with a 125cc four-stroke engine with a three valve head, peak power of 10 bhp and a peak torque of 10.6 Nm making it the most powerful among its competitors. The company had already unveiled the
Price is a solid 10-15K higher than the competition but at 10 bhp...seems pretty powerful thanks to the 3 valve head. Euro version has Electronic Fuel Injection and I'm not sure if the Indian version does. If so, then this will be India's first EFI scoot?

Last edited by Mpower : 26th April 2012 at 17:56.
Old 26th April 2012, 18:02   #43
BHPian

Ohh my gawd...look at that. I was anyways planning to replace a Deo at home. And honestly I dont find it expensive, the Aviator with disk brake probably cost around 63k on road in pune. I would love to pay premium for this beauty.

Mod Note : Please continue the discussion on the Vespa Launch Thread. Thanks.

Last edited by GTO : 26th April 2012 at 18:24. Reason: Adding link to launch thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks