Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2010, 19:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

^^ There are a lot of better ones out there bro. CHeck the helmets thread. Here is the link for you http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...post-78-a.html.

Please stick to a full face one though the Avenger would look good with on of the open face Vega ones too. Check them out as well, they are pretty good, got my Wife one as well.(dont mean they are feminine but was the best combi of safety and open face)
I have a Cross helmet and find it pretty good. Have been using it for a year, cost me 3400 i think. Then there is the one with aditya had LS2 i think, and loads of others.

Last edited by sammyboy : 30th July 2010 at 19:16.
Old 30th July 2010, 19:27   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

thanks for the link bro!!
thats quite a long thread, will go through slowly.

thanks
Old 30th July 2010, 19:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Blueee!!!

Women still have the last word

Congrats on the bike.
Old 30th July 2010, 19:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new ride mate!! Your decision making experience was a very nice read and liked your style of writing.

So you and the GF both are happy eh?? You got the bike of your choice and the color of her choice
Old 30th July 2010, 20:31   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

I explained earlier how i got to the Blueeee!!
Quote:
initially i was torn between red and blue, even went to book a red one.
A blue avenger at the showroom made me ditch red!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Women still have the last word
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
So you and the GF both are happy eh?? You got the bike of your choice and the color of her choice
You bet!! I don't have enough praises for this machine, about her, well, shes happy I got a blue one!

As much as I want her to believe this, that I got a blue one coz she wanted it, I also wish she never comes across this thread!

I know, am being mean. Itna toh chalta hai yaar!!

Thanks for the encouragement Abhinav, was planning to write one final chapter, but work is just killing me. Maybe some other day.

Thanks for the wishes sachin.
Old 29th August 2010, 10:19   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, so a little update here.

Done with the first service, bill came around Rs.396 which includes the cost of oil and 'consumables'.

Another thing, I got the fuel meter changed as it had fogged up pretty badly!
Rest everything is running fine and great!

Now, the fuel consumption.

Before the first service, it was around 25-26 km/l
Now a days, it seems to have gone up to 30 something. Been a week since the first service. Will post the exact figures in some days time.
Old 31st August 2010, 15:22   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, so a little update here.

Done with the first service, bill came around Rs.396 which includes the cost of oil and 'consumables'.

Another thing, I got the fuel meter changed as it had fogged up pretty badly!
Rest everything is running fine and great!

Now, the fuel consumption.

Before the first service, it was around 25-26 km/l
Now a days, it seems to have gone up to 30 something. Been a week since the first service. Will post the exact figures in some days time.
Good going mate! Have you completed 750kms before going in for the first service or were you nearing the deadline even before completing the 750kms

FE should settle at around 32-35 kmpl in the city after the 2nd service. This is from the experience of a friend owning a P200 (Guessing its the same engine in the avenger) So you can check the exact figures after you complete your second service.
Old 1st September 2010, 19:50   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

@abhinav

Actually I went in for the 1st service at 500kms. Because of the fuel meter issue that I had posted about earlier, I blasted the dealership, and sent a mail to Bajaj. They got back to me the same day and insisted on bringing in the bike next day itself and it would be replaced.

As I was already near the 500km mark got it serviced as well. The place is about 20kms from my home.

About the FE, Thanks for the heads up! I have heard similar figures from the owners I have talked to. My daily commute is anyways <10kms, so I am fine with it.

Uploading a pic, taken this Sunday.
Bajaj Avenger 200: My First Bike!-steed-byabhinav.jpg

One more thing, the technician who serviced my bike, asked me to run it at least 15-20kms a day to keep the battery 'healthy'. Is this is true?
Old 1st September 2010, 20:53   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

One more thing, the technician who serviced my bike, asked me to run it at least 15-20kms a day to keep the battery 'healthy'. Is this is true?
Not too sure of this. My commute to work daily is 12kms one way. So my bike does 12 kms and stays idle for 10-11 hours in the office parking and then runs another 12kms back home.

I was always under the impression that ensuring the distilled water level in the battery at regular intervals and not letting the bike idle for a long time should be enough to keep the battery going. Experts comments please!!
Old 2nd September 2010, 03:07   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
ensuring the distilled water level in the battery at regular intervals and not letting the bike idle for a long time should be enough to keep the battery going
Exactly my thoughts. Indeed will wait for some 'experts' to drop by.
Old 12th September 2010, 15:58   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Think of the devil and . . . .

Completed 666kms on 05-Sep-2010, thats roughly 2 months since I bought it. So about 333kms a month!
Bajaj Avenger 200: My First Bike!-05092010121.jpg
Old 13th September 2010, 14:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Completed 666kms on 05-Sep-2010, thats roughly 2 months since I bought it. So about 333kms a month!
Attachment 422548
Good catch DryIce... Great to see you munching miles on the Avenger. Any long rides done so far? Or has it been only in city rides?
Old 13th September 2010, 17:24   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ naah.. within city. Planning to come down to Bangalore some time, maybe this month, maybe next, lets see how it turns out!!!
Old 13th September 2010, 17:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ naah.. within city. Planning to come down to Bangalore some time, maybe this month, maybe next, lets see how it turns out!!!
Cool! Hope it materializes soon.

How has the fuel meter held up after the change in the first service? No more fogging i hope.
Old 16th September 2010, 06:32   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Meter seems to be fine at the moment. There is a hint of fog at the top curve though. It goes away under sunlight. Will take them to task if it starts to fog up again like the previous one!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks