Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 17:11   #16
BHPian

Buddy, do post some pics. I wish i had my LML pics with me
Old 6th July 2010, 18:59   #17
BHPian

TBHPians are here to help you. I got my 1985 model Bajaj Super restored in March 2009. No engine work was done, although the entire scooter was rebuilt ground up.
Old 6th July 2010, 19:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

@Desideep - Yes the quote looks good; but from my experience I would suggest you to go for Dupont paint. Though expensive, it will with stand the weather to a greater extend. I got my RX painted in 2002 & the paint started peeling off from the tank only by 2007 considering the fact that I live in a coastal area. Its just an attempt that I'm asking, leaving the entire choice to you. Also ensure that they scrap the existing paint, apply 1 coat of metal primer followed by 2 coats of paint. Good Luck!!!

Also, try changing the rubber mats & try to replace the entire set of rubbers on the scooter to give a refreshing look. I hope you'll also be changing the switches.
Old 18th September 2010, 12:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

MODS:Move this Post if it is not in the appropriate thread.
Yesterday, I saw a Ad of LML NV Scootters with a Red Scootter Shown in Headlines Today Channel.They Mention about 4 Stroke and 2 Stroke Scootters.But, it is Long time I found a LML Dealership here in Kerala.

"Haazir He LML NV"
This is the ad(s):

Last edited by deepclutch : 18th September 2010 at 13:03.
Old 19th September 2010, 15:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Lml is very much avaiable in 2 and 4 stroke
Old 19th September 2010, 22:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

LML Vespa Select

I possess a 1989 LML Vespa NV that i bought from showroom for Rs.14500 (in 1989).I have clocked over 1,00,000 kms on this marvellous scooter.
Two days back a 1996 Vespa Select came into my possession,which i have begun restoration.
Luckily in Hyderabad,we have Minocha Autoparts who has been stocking LML spares for all the models(you name it).

But i never can come to terms to a engine that would cost Rs.25000 !!!
Attached Thumbnails
LML Being restored-dsc00002.jpg  

Old 20th September 2010, 12:20   #22
BHPian

Good luck

Nice gesture Desideep!!

Good luck to you. I have a 1987 LML Vespa 150NV, bought in 1991 and with me since then

It has been through 2 frame up restorations and just a month ago I rebuilt the engine

Took it out for a Sunday morning run yesterday (120km to my out of city house and back). Ran like a dream

Please do tap me if you need any help. As you can see i have a bit of experience restoring this scoot
53BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2010, 02:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all.

It is a great pleasure to know that people are still into the LML and Vespa's of the new age.

for now the Works on the LML has been put on hold cause of the rains and no time issue.

will be doing it as the first thing next year
Old 21st September 2010, 04:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
"Haazir He LML NV"
This is the ad(s):
YouTube - lml nv video (august 2010).VOB
Interesting that they are offering a disk brake option in the front.
Old 21st September 2010, 08:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

i really need to find out if they are giving the front disk
Old 19th July 2011, 23:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

Re: LML Being restored

this is a 12 year old photo of the scooter in question. i still havent found time to start restoration.
Attached Thumbnails
LML Being restored-untitled.jpg  

Old 6th May 2012, 23:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

HI All, i am back.

the restoration did not happen cause the scooter was given away to a cousin of mine who needed it for some time.

now the scooter is back, it was sent back to me last week, i have not seen it in flesh yet but my brother took somephotos and sent them to me. according to me the scooter is in a sorry state.

from the images i can mae out that many original bits and bobs have been removed. he got it painted in a "Stupid" silver color...i hate it but the original Meter is gone, the rear tail light that came with the scooter has been changed to the newer model , the head light seems to be changed, original wheel covers are gone, logs are miossing. that stand is from a newer models of bajaj chetak. The front mud guard has been reiared shabilly.i can see thatthe Over lapping on the metal on the rear end is not to be seen any where on the mud guard. Seat has been changed to the side lock seat.

Oh i am just hating it.

here are a few photos.
Attached Thumbnails
LML Being restored-06052012179.jpg  

LML Being restored-06052012180.jpg  

LML Being restored-06052012181.jpg  

LML Being restored-06052012182.jpg  

Old 7th May 2012, 00:27   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

desideep

With all of those changes, are you sure it is the same scooter?

Even if the number plate is the old one, these are not hard to replace.

If you have all of the old paperwork it might be a good idea to compare the serial numbers (if it has any) to the paperwork to make sure the "old" scooter isn't actually a "new" scooter.

I know in my State in the USA they always check the serial numbers of the vehicle against the registration whenever new license plates need to be renewed.

If the numbers don't agree the officials often prove they have no sense of humor by charging the owner with theft.

Last edited by ArizonaJim : 7th May 2012 at 00:28.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 10:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
desideep

With all of those changes, are you sure it is the same scooter?

Even if the number plate is the old one, these are not hard to replace.

If you have all of the old paperwork it might be a good idea to compare the serial numbers (if it has any) to the paperwork to make sure the "old" scooter isn't actually a "new" scooter.

I know in my State in the USA they always check the serial numbers of the vehicle against the registration whenever new license plates need to be renewed.

If the numbers don't agree the officials often prove they have no sense of humor by charging the owner with theft.
Jim its funny that you said i shoudl check the sooter if it is the same hehehe.

Actually i can see a reason why all the parts were changed. this scooter is a 1997, after that there were many changed made to the scooter by the company before they stoped selling it and then when they started again around 2 years ago there were several more changed.

The parts avaiability from the 1997 model is very less specially the visual parts. so i am sure my cousin who is not an Enthusiast did not care what he is using and he got it redone so that he can have it in a "GOOD CONDITION" for the time he was going to keep it.

The scooter is the same,

I am just looking into various possibilities of how to restore it.
Old 1st September 2013, 10:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

Came across this thread while searching for Vespa spares..

I have a 1986 (first lot) LML Vespa NV in my garage too. It belonged to my uncle and I got it in 1997 and used it for about 3 yrs actively and then sparingly for another 2-3 yrs.
Its not been running for last 10 yrs but I am confident it will start once I get the some bare necessary things going. In 2007, i drove it from my office to home after it was lying there for 4 yrs

Any known places for Vespa parts in Bangalore? This is my only chance at a restoration (if I would call it that)!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks