Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2013, 21:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Came across this thread while searching for Vespa spares..

I have a 1986 (first lot) LML Vespa NV in my garage too. It belonged to my uncle and I got it in 1997 and used it for about 3 yrs actively and then sparingly for another 2-3 yrs.
Its not been running for last 10 yrs but I am confident it will start once I get the some bare necessary things going. In 2007, i drove it from my office to home after it was lying there for 4 yrs

Any known places for Vespa parts in Bangalore? This is my only chance at a restoration (if I would call it that)!!!
Hi eqqus. I think if you contact a local lml dealership you will be able to use their help for the spares most of the parts ate the same specially the engine parts.
Old 16th March 2015, 09:45   #32
BHPian

Re: LML Being restored

are you still restoring this??????

I know a shop in chennai who sells most of the spares for LML Vespa. I am restoring a LML Vespa Select.
Old 14th September 2016, 14:58   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Notice : its not the best one to restore but its one way that i link to my father.

Hi All,
I have a 1997 Model LML NV Spl.
I think this is the first time some one is posting about a LML scooter here. This Scooter was used by my dad extensively through his life time since it was bought brand new. i have had some nice times on this scooter.
The Scooter currently is in a BAD Shape. not really that bad but it has done around 75000 KM on the original Bore but still is running strong, i wish to restore the scooter and get it in a brand new conditions.
I am looking for some parts i am not sure if any one can help me with the pricing of the parts.

1: Genuine Bore Kit
2: Genuine Crank
3: Electricals so that i can fit a Battery on the Scooter.
4: Old model Speedo meter
5: Old model ear Tail light cover.
6: Front and rear Shockers.

I would really appriciate if some one can get me pricing on the same and if possible who is the OEM for all of these so that i can buy them from the OEM rather than spending money on the LML brand boxes.
Thanks a lot the progress this time would be posted with the WIP cause last time i was not able to do it on the Bullet STD to AVL engine thread.

Thanks
Desi D
I am planning to restore my father's LML its not in use since long. Were you able to find a shop in Delhi (or near by) for spares ?

Last edited by veyron-w16 : 14th September 2016 at 15:07.
Old 14th September 2016, 16:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron-w16 View Post
I am planning to restore my father's LML its not in use since long. Were you able to find a shop in Delhi (or near by) for spares ?
I believe LML dealers are still available in Delhi region. Check the website of LML scooters for the address.
Secondly, you can find parts in Karolbagh. Please do share pictures of the current condition of the scooter and what kind of restoration idea you have in your mind.
All the best.
Old 14th September 2016, 18:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

I would agree with ilangop, try to source all the parts from the Dealership. the main thing is the quality of the parts that you buy.
Old 2nd November 2017, 08:14   #36
Senior - BHPian

Dad is here with us these days and just yesterday he was telling that he is filling sorry for his good old Vespa XE. Apparently, the engine is going strong, but the body is braking up in pieces. He was asking me whether a second hand scooter is good as he is finding it difficult to maintain and manage owing to non availability of spare parts.

An old memory that I have is when dad used to come from office in his red colored Vespa XE, I used to wait for him at the balcony and then sometimes would get a ride in the neighborhood. That was from the early 80s.

The scooter has given us service all these years and I just accidentally came across this thread. As you guys are restoring this masterpiece, can you please shed some light as to from where parts can be procured. Dad stays at a very remote place in WB, so at the most I can get the workmanship to assemble the parts, but procuring parts, original quality stuff things, are not possible from the remote location.

Can you guys please help me with some leads. Let me try to gift him his beloved scooter, all neat and clean.

Best regards,
Old 2nd November 2017, 08:23   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
As you guys are restoring this masterpiece, can you please shed some light as to from where parts can be procured.
To begin with, try contacting some ex-dealers at the cities close to where you live, for all you know, you might a lot of parts with them.

If not, use the internet to find current dealers (The NCR has some) who sell the 4 stroke version of the NV and get in touch with them. They will have some parts and can help you find others at popular scooter parts markets in the NCR. I see quite a few LMLs running around in the NCR so am quite sure you will find the parts you need.

Here is a linkLML Dealers Delhi that might help.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
To begin with, try contacting some ex-dealers at the cities close to where you live, for all you know, you might a lot of parts with them.
Good idea sir. Dad had tried with the local contacts out there at hometown but with no success. Let me try with the LML Vespa dealership at Pune. I have also noted down the Vespa address that the link provided and would get in touch with them as well.

Go Green Auto Pvt Ltd
Plot Number 4-5, Tri Nagar,
Delhi 110035,
Near Inderlok Metro Pillar
187, Shahzada Bagh Industrial Area
Phones :-
011-23642059

By the way, can you please advise if LML Vespa XE was the Indian version of VESPA P125X. By the looks of it, both the models seems so close to each other, but I am surprised to notice that there is no mentioning of the Vespa XE model in their official page. I remember dad's scooter as a 98cc, CKD version from Italy.

http://www.vespa.com/en_EN/Heritage.html

Also got a link to another site who seems to be keeping some parts. Might be useful for other Vespa owners

http://www.swissautoonline.com/model...=03&VMNAME=LML
Old 2nd November 2017, 17:07   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Good idea sir....
Keeping an eye on this thread. I'm looking to restore my Dad's 1987 Vespa too, which is also kept in WB. Let me know if you get any contacts in Bengal.

P.S. Did you check if there are any dealers in Wellington area in Calcutta?
Old 2nd November 2017, 22:59   #40
BANNED

Quote:
By the way, can you please advise if LML Vespa XE was the Indian version of VESPA P125X.
Cosmetically yes, but technically it was different. The XE is indeed a rare Vespa and it would be great to see it restored, howevever, finding spares is going to be tougher than finding them for the NV/Star/Select etc.

Keep us updated on how it goes.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 09:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cosmetically yes, but technically it was different. The XE is indeed a rare Vespa and it would be great to see it restored, howevever, finding spares is going to be tougher than finding them for the NV/Star/Select etc.

Keep us updated on how it goes.
I have been trying to procure the parts manual for the Vespa XE, but none is available on the WWW. Are you aware of any sites where I can procure it? Have also sent an email to the Vespa India team, but no success apparently.
Old 4th November 2017, 14:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

Some of the images from the present running condition. I believe its the high time to have it restored to its original glory (if possible to the original red color as well). Those back rests and stickers needs to be removed as these were added by me while in school.
Name:  XE.PNG
Views: 1591
Size:  1,016.9 KB
Old 4th November 2017, 22:10   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Are you aware of any sites where I can procure it? Have also sent an email to the Vespa India team, but no success apparently.
I do not have a lot of hopes of getting parts online unless you know someone in Italy/Spain.

The current Vespa India team has no connection with LML and hence not getting a response from them is expected. Your best bet, in my opinion is what I had suggested earlier, dealers and open markets.

The scoot appears to be great shape, what parts are you looking at? I would not recommend a restoration just for the heck of it. It is very easy to get stuck midway and lose interest for the lack of parts.

Last edited by n.devdath : 4th November 2017 at 22:12.
Old 5th November 2017, 14:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do not have a lot of hopes of getting parts online unless you know someone in Italy/Spain.

The current Vespa India team has no connection with LML and hence not getting a response from them is expected. Your best bet, in my opinion is what I had suggested earlier, dealers and open markets.

The scoot appears to be great shape, what parts are you looking at? I would not recommend a restoration just for the heck of it. It is very easy to get stuck midway and lose interest for the lack of parts.
Tried contacting the "Go Green Auto Pvt Ltd" but probably calls are not received on weekends.

Structurally its still pretty strong as it has been under a single owner all these years. I was not allowed to touch till class 9/10. But the pick-up and smoothness is gone these days owing to its old age and unavailability of set hands. Parts wise, two pieces are required as below

LML Being restored-17.jpg

This part is broken and now needs to be replaced with a similar original one. The thing that I love are the twin indicator slots (one for the indicator - green in color and another for the high beam - blue in color). I am looking for a exact matching cover and also the internal mechanisms as at the moment, only the light switch works.

Name:  XE_Nose.png
Views: 1595
Size:  641.2 KB

The nose is broken now and currently its just hanging in there. It needs to be replaced with a new one, which fits in place.
Old 5th November 2017, 14:52   #45
BANNED

I will be very surprised if LML were to restart. More likely to be some financial gerrymandering.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks