Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 10:50   #16
BHPian

Looks like a beauty pageant! Beautiful babes lined up
Old 21st June 2010, 11:31   #17
BANNED

Lucky to start my newly rebuild RD's runin with this meet, worked till midnight 1:30 for pending tits n bits and took her there sharp at 7 am, met many known and unknown friends all were bonded with just one thing i.e. love for RD's, i didnt had plan for the ride as was tired due to hactic schedule, day time work in office and nights sitting with my RD fixing her but after seeing so many riders i pushed myself and decded to ride even though my bike is in runin period.
Many beautiful bikes landed mostly on stock trip, very few were on performance side loaded with flat slider carbs, bigger reeds, free flow filters, chambers etc.Best sounding RD was ridden by one lady her bike is there just next to the skeleton RD, she was damn confident on her ride, really appriciate her efforts on that RD and her riding skill, she was riding the way RD's should be ridden.Joes drag bike was music to my ears putter putter putter putter pooooooooooooow, my next cafe racer on RD will be sure going to be like this.
Met senior riders crossed their 70's and still young enough to ride this beast, my respect to them.On the way to ride my rear break jammed very badly and bike started struggling to move i got scared and first bad thing came in mind was bike is seized, immediatly stopped the bike and inspected everything and found that rear break drum was as hot as my cylinders, immediatly pulled my tools which i always keep with me for every ride and released the break shoes burnt my fingers as well in this process and again came back on track, i was controlling myself a lot but after seeing empty streatch i couldt and done some spirited rides at 80 kmph(which is still joke for an RD but enough for runin period), after this ride felt like all poison which we consume in our work place, in car and at home came out, again preparing myself for the next session of rides either in group or alone or whatever, going to complete my bike in next 2 weeks with RDD goodies and pending cosmatic stuff's.
Will post some pics from home which i clicked, heres few videos.

Old 21st June 2010, 13:04   #18
BHPian

wonderful!! splendid!!

i missed this event though i was aware it was organised this sunday :(

so many RDs at one place. thats the reason i saw 3 RDs getting ready on Saturday at my friend's place.
Old 21st June 2010, 13:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Its hell lot of machines in one show. White one looks majestic, kudos to its owner
Old 21st June 2010, 15:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Was there at the event & it was sure a sight for RD lovers ! Am attaching some pics & video of the bikes.

The elderly gentleman looks like possibly the oldest member of the group & was the center of attention, lovingly maintained blue RD in perfect mechanical condition

Don't have pics of the ride to the farmhouse. If some one has please do upload the same !
Nirmal, thanks for the pictures. As an RD Owner, now I know where I am going to retire. Namma Bengaluru looks more and more attarctive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
It was definitely a very difficult task to get the 150 bikers along specially on the highway
Thanks for taking the initiative to post this up on the TBHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
@ the resort pictures
Lovely photos. Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Met senior riders crossed their 70's and still young enough to ride this beast, my respect to them.
Ajay, I think we know each other from the other specific group. Did any of the groupies turn up. Any photos of their bikes?

Your Bike looks good.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 21st June 2010 at 15:49.
Old 21st June 2010, 17:42   #21
BHPian

not to forget we had women riders with their machines in top notch condition.
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:28   #22
BHPian

i am so happy to see all the RD owners coming together and celebrating their love for the motorcycle!
i wish i could have been there with my bike but it was too far to come.. :(
i hope we can have more meets like these
rega=RD=s
nitro
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:00   #23
BHPian

wow...treat to my eyes. ! Some bikes remain etched in the system forever, and RD tops on the list !

I missed this event ! :(

OT : Nirmal, did you find a place for your RoadKing among the RDs
Old 22nd June 2010, 18:52   #24
BHPian

Missed the event and wished my RD was also there...must have been a wonderful experience for all the participants.
Old 22nd June 2010, 18:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

This must have been one of the best events till date with so many bikers turning up (with bikes from a single manufacturer).

Did they fire up all the RD's at the same time? I hope they did and would love to listen to that racket. Kudos to the senior citizen for his passion for the RD and the women enthusiasts as well.
Old 22nd June 2010, 19:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! Last time I saw only 2 RDs together and I went Whoa! This is a tremendous stuff. Thanks for sharing. Like someone said it is like a beauty pageant!
Old 22nd June 2010, 19:21   #27
BHPian

aditya the best thing was all 150 bikes had both the cylinders working for the 100 km ride.
i must say the way Mr chakraborty rides the bike can leave most of us ashamed.this is the only bike in bangalore which has run 8000 kms which is factory fresh.he locks the gear well de accelerates the vehicle like a gp rider & is 80 years of age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
This must have been one of the best events till date with so many bikers turning up (with bikes from a single manufacturer).

Did they fire up all the RD's at the same time? I hope they did and would love to listen to that racket. Kudos to the senior citizen for his passion for the RD and the women enthusiasts as well.
Old 22nd June 2010, 23:30   #28
BHPian

A big thanks to everyone who has posted pics and video's on this thread. Hope it happens next year again.
Old 23rd June 2010, 00:34   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
aditya the best thing was all 150 bikes had both the cylinders working for the 100 km ride.
i must say the way Mr chakraborty rides the bike can leave most of us ashamed.this is the only bike in bangalore which has run 8000 kms which is factory fresh.he locks the gear well de accelerates the vehicle like a gp rider & is 80 years of age.
Long live the Old man and his young RD.

To hear 150 RD's and 300 cylinders roar at one go . Nirvana
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:29   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Long live the Old man and his young RD.

To hear 150 RD's and 300 cylinders roar at one go . Nirvana
To an RD affictionado that is something beyond Nirvana!

Best Regards ^ Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks