Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2010, 18:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !

My life till 2006 was pretty much what I would call "Normal" because even though I learned to ride a motor-cycle at a very young age, I never owned one or spent time with a bike for a long time span. And I simply didn't see bikes as something different from a car that I used.

November 2006

My first bike comes home in the form of a HH Karizma. Understood the whole point of the saying "Four wheels move the body, Two move the soul"

Mid 2007

2005 Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa happened to me, need I say more ??

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-h3.jpg

After a Hayabusa, it is all going down the hill. By mid-09 I realized by craving for riding has surfaced again and this time I decided to go for a much saner and economical bike because I was planning to actually 'ride' it(keep in mind the pathetic conditions in Kerala). Ruled out Yamaha R15 because of the 'cycle tire'(no offense to the owners) and P220 because lot of my friends had it.

16 November 2009

Went to Muthoot Yamaha to get my new ride home and was deligted to see her all dressed up and ready for its new bf(i.e myself) Got my Elle a.k.a Yamaha Fz S by 4.30 - 5.00ish and filled her up for 1k. First ride, all the way to Cochin(second day, the odo showed 550kms). On returning to home town and before reaching home, took my baby to church and the pastor prayed for the new couple.

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-1.jpg

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 8665
Size:  59.6 KB

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-2.jpg

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-4.jpg

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-3.jpg

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-5.jpg

27 June 2010 - Tomorrow

After almost a year of loyal companionship, I decided to give my baby a new look. My elle is going to get a complete makeover. The customizing is going to be executed by a best pal of mine called Anup. He runs Custom Paint Store(CPS) which bagged the second place in Best Custom Motorcycle this year.

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-image790.jpg

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-image792.jpg

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-image671.jpg

Will keep you guys posted on the mods and pic as it happen. For the moment, it is going to be a cosmetic mod. But some performence mods are also on cards. Keep your revv's high !

Last edited by Scorcher : 26th June 2010 at 18:40.
Old 26th June 2010, 22:08   #2
BHPian

All the best scorcher. Eagerly waiting for the mods.
Old 27th June 2010, 02:55   #3
BHPian

I am sure it s going to look awesome. When do you expect to get it back?
Old 27th June 2010, 06:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

Cool! What mods are we looking at ? Cosmetic as well as spec mods ?
Old 27th June 2010, 09:07   #5
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Heyy Scorchy all the best. Btw please give the details of your friend Anup, if its not much of an issue. A close friend of mine is getting his FZ-S customised from someone in Coimbatore. So it will be helpful in case he wants something to be redone. I'm sure it will help others in the forum too.
Old 27th June 2010, 18:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Parts went off for painting "Can't wait!!"

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-image793.jpg

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-image795.jpg

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-image796.jpg

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-image797.jpg

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-image798.jpg

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-image799.jpg

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-image800.jpg

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-image801.jpg

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-image802.jpg

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-image803.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
All the best scorcher. Eagerly waiting for the mods.
Thanks a lot dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rihan01234 View Post
I am sure it s going to look awesome. When do you expect to get it back?
Thanks Rihan bhai, within a week and half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Cool! What mods are we looking at ? Cosmetic as well as spec mods ?
For the moment, its going to be a paint job. The theme is what you can see in the video above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Heyy Scorchy all the best. Btw please give the details of your friend Anup, if its not much of an issue. A close friend of mine is getting his FZ-S customised from someone in Coimbatore. So it will be helpful in case he wants something to be redone. I'm sure it will help others in the forum too.
Thanks dude. I don't think he will recommend giving his contact on a public forum. Do one thing, I will send you his profile link in your fb and you can get in touch with him.

Last edited by Scorcher : 27th June 2010 at 18:45.
Old 27th June 2010, 18:37   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post

2005 Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa happened to me, need I say more ??

Ruled out Yamaha R15 because of the 'cycle tire'(no offense to the owners) and P220 because lot of my friends had it.
After the 'busa you jumped on to a FZ, something whose cc even doesn't match the quoted bhp figs.
i am impressed,

Why not get the 250R? its tires are wider.
Old 27th June 2010, 18:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
After the 'busa you jumped on to a FZ, something whose cc even doesn't match the quoted bhp figs.
i am impressed,

Why not get the 250R? its tires are wider.
Hehe, I can understand. But practicality was a criteria as I planned to ride to work everyday. When I bought the Fz, the ninja wasn't in the market yet. Even if it was, I doubt if I would put down my dough for the 250R. Almost 3L for a 250cc bike?? Neah !
Old 27th June 2010, 22:53   #9
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Thanks dude. I don't think he will recommend giving his contact on a public forum. Do one thing, I will send you his profile link in your fb and you can get in touch with him.
Thanks a ton brother.
Waiting for pics after the paintjob. Bring 'em on.
Old 28th June 2010, 14:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hit Rock !

Bought back the parts because of adverse whether conditions. Now the mods have to wait until the rains get over. People close to me tells that the rains can effect the quality of paint job. Any fact in it ? Still, I decided not to go against them and got back the parts.
Old 31st December 2010, 18:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

Catastrophe strikes!

Just when she crossed her succesful 1yr and 15k kms, disaster strikes in the form of a pothole! Hit a well-deep gutter on a butter-smooth road at speeds of 95ish kmph. The company officials say the reason of the bent rims aren't the speed factor but the low tire pressure maintained in both the wheels.

Anyways, I've managed to correct the rear wheel locally (they actually did an exceptionally well job ) cos it had a considerably big bend (Sorry, forgot to snap it before correcting it), filled 36psi and within 5 days the pressure plummeted to sub 30 levels indicating slight air-loss, service guys state it may be cos of the thickness of the "paint" missing from the rim in that portion and painting the rim will do the job. Does it?

The front wheel runs on a tube now and is yet to be corrected. Any better solutions to rectify this or is it recommendable to go for new rims? Than mean almost 6k. I'm confused alright! Please advice me on this friends. Help appreciated in advance.

Front
"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-23122010515.jpg

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-23122010514.jpg
Rear
"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-23122010512.jpg

"My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !-23122010513.jpg

Last edited by Scorcher : 31st December 2010 at 18:40.
Old 31st December 2010, 18:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: "My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !

YOu can make an insurance claim. i know some one who did so.
Old 31st December 2010, 18:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: "My Elle Story" - Living with a Yamaha Fz S | + She is gonna get customised !

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
YOu can make an insurance claim. i know some one who did so.
I've asked the same to the showroom wallahs but they educated me that the insurance people don't accept rim casualties anymore under the claim cos of the increased number of petty claims for damaged rims. Weird. Yet to get an official word though.
Old 31st December 2010, 19:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

This is an accident and is catorgised under one. try to contact the Higher officials of the insurance company. dont keep on riding with these rims as they may have lost the balance.
Old 2nd January 2011, 11:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

Kindly get a replacement for it is technically a safety hazard. You also stand to put the complete bike at risk due to abnormal vibration of the dent in wheel. Worth to claim and get a new one. Keep biking

Most Viewed