Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2017, 20:49   #46
BHPian

Re: Modifications - Royal Enfield Thunderbird

I am looking to change the handle bar to a more comfortable one. Can anyone recommend a comfortable straight bar suited for Thunderbird ? The 2 basic objectives are

1) Better comfort
2) Better control of the bike. (I dont feel very confident with current setup)
Old 21st May 2017, 21:38   #47
BHPian

I am in the same boat sir. I tried the classic handlebar on my tbts350 and was suffering from neck pain and classic handlebar was very heavy. Looking for other options as well. My primary requirements are ease of drive, should be light and the handlebar must gel with the look of the bike. With custom handlebar I have observed vibrations post 60kmph whereas stock handlebar is solid up to 75kmph post this speed it too vibrates.
Old 21st May 2017, 22:45   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathore_13 View Post
It's fairly easy to do so. Any local Enfield repair shop can do this easily. Depending on what type of light you want to install, sometimes you may have to customize the bracket.
That's some mod! Beautiful!
In fact, I too am planning to use twin headlights. It would be very helpful if you can share:

> Pictures which show how you have fixed those headlights
> Where did you purchase those headlights and their cost
> What is their diameter length

I am planning a slightly different design though. I want to use LED headlights with DRL. I want to avoid clamps on sides. Will go for something like Avenger's fixture. Also I won't use the wind screen. So it would be pretty visible fixtures. It needs to be elegant to look at.

I will post pictures once I am done. In the meantime, please share the information requested.
Old 22nd May 2017, 07:15   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
That's some mod! Beautiful!
In fact, I too am planning to use twin headlights.
Unfortunately, I've modified the bike further so don't have pictures of just the lights. Will check my laptop and search archive.

Bought the lights (twin headlight)locally in Chandigarh at a bike repair & mod shop. Cost me 4k including installation. There were two options available. Matt black & chrome. I chose black since my Thunderbird is the Matt black color.

The lights were fairly easy to fix. They are a little smaller in depth compared to Thunderbird light. Removed the main headlight and used supplied bolts to fasten the new lights. After a few days started missing projector so installed the angel eye projector. It has strobe function too. It is affixed to the headlights lower support clamp.

I've since then removed the earlier setup and added a different light to my Thunderbird. Attaching photos below of my bike and the new light. It cost 3500.
Modifications - Royal Enfield Thunderbird-aa79022a92914a99bb17816e5e46d643.jpg

Modifications - Royal Enfield Thunderbird-img_5539.png

Last edited by ampere : 22nd May 2017 at 07:29.
Rathore_13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 08:02   #50
BHPian

Hi all,
Will it cause any harm to wiring/battery if I install twin headlights setup instead of a single one? This is for my RE Thunderbird TS. It currently has stock bulb and 7 inch housing. Is it possible to split the single bulb holder into two bulb holder? Thinking about replacing with smaller twin headlight setup like Mahindra Mojo.
Old 23rd April 2018, 11:37   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Hi all,
Will it cause any harm to wiring/battery if I install twin headlights setup instead of a single one? This is for my RE Thunderbird TS. It currently has stock bulb and 7 inch housing. Is it possible to split the single bulb holder into two bulb holder? Thinking about replacing with smaller twin headlight setup like Mahindra Mojo.
Why so much of complex modifications? You can put good quality branded aux lights instead. In fact such modifications might not be possible at all.
Old 23rd April 2018, 12:23   #52
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I own a 2016 Royal Enfield Thunderbird, I wish to Swap the stock VR plate to the Carberry ones; has anyone done this on their Thunderbird?

http://www.carberrymotorcycles.com/Accessories.php
Old 28th April 2018, 08:29   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn.vishnu View Post
Hello Guys,

I own a 2016 Royal Enfield Thunderbird, I wish to Swap the stock VR plate to the Carberry ones; has anyone done this on their Thunderbird?

http://www.carberrymotorcycles.com/Accessories.php
TeamBHP user Hammer and Anvil has installed this plate on Classic 350.

Thread Link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...l-enfield.html

Last edited by SDP : 28th April 2018 at 09:16. Reason: typos
Who_are_you is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 16:42   #54
BHPian

Wish to install the handle bar end lights. Couple of queries,

1. As seen on YouTube, will a hole be drilled on the handle bar for the wiring?
2. Will this mod defy the warranty?
3. I presume the weights would be removed to install these lights, will it increase the vibrations?
Old 18th March 2019, 11:12   #55
BHPian

Digital Speedometer for Royal Enfield!

Old 28th June 2019, 18:05   #56
BHPian

I recently met with an accident on my TB which resulted into slight damage to my headlight setup.
I was looking to get the headlight assembly changed to a LED setup since the OEM headlights don't inspire much confidence on highways.

When i checked with my mechanic who is a very knowledgeable guy on the Enfield mods he told me that the LED assembly cant be fitted directly onto the new Thunderbird and instead he will have to fit the LED headlight on the headlight cone from an older thunderbird and then fir the assembly to my bike, on various threads and online portals and descriptions of the LED headlights i am seeing contrary remarks. Most of the sellers say that LED headlight can be fitted directly to the new Thunderbird and no need to fit it first onto old thunderbird headlight cone.

Can someone please throw some light(pun intended) on the subject? And send me the links of any threads or products which can be direct substitute to the OEM headlight setup in the new thunderbird.

TIA BHPians.
Old 28th June 2019, 18:09   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathore_13 View Post
Unfortunately, I've modified the bike further so don't have pictures of just the lights. Will check my laptop and search archive.

Bought the lights (twin headlight)locally in Chandigarh at a bike repair & mod shop. Cost me 4k including installation. There were two options available. Matt black & chrome. I chose black since my Thunderbird is the Matt black color.

The lights were fairly easy to fix. They are a little smaller in depth compared to Thunderbird light. Removed the main headlight and used supplied bolts to fasten the new lights. After a few days started missing projector so installed the angel eye projector. It has strobe function too. It is affixed to the headlights lower support clamp.

I've since then removed the earlier setup and added a different light to my Thunderbird. Attaching photos below of my bike and the new light. It cost 3500.
Attachment 1641042

Attachment 1641043
Hello, could you please help me on the finer details on the headlight change?
Were you able to fit this LED headlight onto the headlight cone of your bike? Or was it first fitted to an headlight cone for older thunderbird model and then fitted to your bike?
Old 29th June 2019, 00:19   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinrawatdun View Post
Hello, could you please help me on the finer details on the headlight change?
Were you able to fit this LED headlight onto the headlight cone of your bike? Or was it first fitted to an headlight cone for older thunderbird model and then fitted to your bike?
It fit perfectly on the new Thunderbird. perfect fit.
Old 2nd July 2019, 10:51   #59
BHPian

Posting here possibly the best modification that can happen to a bullet.
https://twitter.com/thebetterindia/s...093347328?s=19
Old 2nd July 2019, 11:02   #60
BHPian

The injection of steam has been tested in marine engines to reduce NOx emissions.This saving of fuel and some emission control might be side benefits of the water injection.

Last edited by indigo74 : 2nd July 2019 at 11:09. Reason: Message got repeated by mistake.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks