Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2013, 16:16   #61
BHPian

Re: Accessories for the Royal Enfield

Hi,

Any inputs on which horn to go for for a Bullet 350 UCE?
I find the stock horn really meek and would like to replace it.

The RE workshop in Pune where I get my bullet serviced recommended Bosch horns and he is quoting INR 1500 for the same (including the horn and the relays, labour etc). When I asked about Roots, he said that they are susceptible to water-damage (any rain water entering the horn will kill them).

Any suggestions from senior bulletier?

Cheers and happy thumping!

Last edited by n_aditya : 1st April 2013 at 17:31. Reason: [font] [color] tags have been removed. please preview post before submitting. Thanks!
Old 16th April 2013, 16:24   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletboy76 View Post
Hi,

Any inputs on which horn to go for for a Bullet 350 UCE?
I find the stock horn really meek and would like to replace it.

The RE workshop in Pune where I get my bullet serviced recommended Bosch horns and he is quoting INR 1500 for the same (including the horn and the relays, labour etc). When I asked about Roots, he said that they are susceptible to water-damage (any rain water entering the horn will kill them).

Any suggestions from senior bulletier?

Agree. The stock horns on UCE are pathetic. A scooterette will honk much better than those.

Certainly Bosch is a good option and so are roots. I havent heard any watery issues on my cousins bull ( old RE with new Roots Megasonic)

Hella is another good brand for horns. You can check their website for models.

However for 350 UCE i would be more worried regarding the Amp consumption of the horns as the batteries are only 12v 5 A unlike higher amp batteries for SS models .make sure you get them fitted with relays

-Sunny
Old 22nd April 2013, 10:34   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Agree. The stock horns on UCE are pathetic. A scooterette will honk much better than those.

Certainly Bosch is a good option and so are roots. I havent heard any watery issues on my cousins bull ( old RE with new Roots Megasonic)

Hella is another good brand for horns. You can check their website for models.

However for 350 UCE i would be more worried regarding the Amp consumption of the horns as the batteries are only 12v 5 A unlike higher amp batteries for SS models .make sure you get them fitted with relays

-Sunny
Dear Sunny,
The battery for RE 350 UCE is 12 volt, 14 Ah and can easily withstand the load of a bigger horn.
The normal max current draw for a 2 wheeler horn(type 2A as per [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']IS 1884 -1993 is 2.5 Amps. I have been using Type 2B (4 wheeler, commercial vehicle horns) manufactured by Hella with a relay for over an year now and have never faced any issues whatsoever with my battery.[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']I test Horns for a Govt. Vehicle Certification Agency and know for sure that any horn would not get ruined by water ingress in rains unless it has faced some prior damage. [/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Roots, Hella and FIAMM make very good horns. Avoid Minda.[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']If you're worried about water ingress, ask the dealer to give a water sealed type horn instead of a water spray type and you'll never have to even hink about rain, water ingress, etc. again.[/FONT]
I_s14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 16:45   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Sunny,
The battery for RE 350 UCE is 12 volt, 14 Ah and can easily withstand the load of a bigger horn.
Hi I_s14,

Your CL-350 has a 12V 14 Amp battery as required for a SelfStart.
Mine is the STD -350, a 5Amp 12 V battery and hence my concern.

Most Horns like Roots Megasonic consume upto 5Am and so do the ones in Hella close to 4.5.

I planning to go with Hella horns ( pair of High low costs near to 1400/-)

Last edited by Pheonix : 26th April 2013 at 16:47. Reason: Battery spec
Old 27th April 2013, 05:33   #65

Quote:
Hi I_s14,

Most Horns like Roots Megasonic consume upto 5Am and so do the ones in Hella close to 4.5.

I planning to go with Hella horns ( pair of High low costs near to 1400/-)
Hi Phoenix,

If your battery is 5 Amps, avoid using a matched pair since they would essentially draw close to 4-5 Amps.

Try and find a single horn that sounds good to you.

If you want a matched pair (a combo of 1 High Tone and 1 Mid/Low Tone Horns), do put in a relay in the circuit.

Also, you may want to go to the ASS and look at the OEM matched pair being sold by RE. It's made by Minda AFAIK, but the horns perform OK. I have my concern about their sound, though.

BTW Roots Megasonic is an aftermarket horn, on which no standard is applicable and hence the high current draw.
http://www.rootsindia.com/html/megasonic.html
I_s14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 16:36   #66
BHPian

Friends from Hyderabad,

Can any one direct me to any good Enfield accessories shops placed in and around Ramkoti.?
I need some genuinely good accessories like Windshield,Horns etc.
Old 17th May 2013, 16:59   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Hi I_s14,
Now this brings up a question : Can you use a 12 V 14 Ah battery in the place of 12 V 5 Ah battery ? And if yes, pros and cons of the upgrade.
I too own a Standard 350 UCE.
regards adrian
Old 17th May 2013, 17:21   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Now this brings up a question : Can you use a 12 V 14 Ah battery in the place of 12 V 5 Ah battery ? And if yes, pros and cons of the upgrade.
I too own a Standard 350 UCE.
regards adrian
Hi Adrian,

I had the same thought
First thing that kept me off to changing the 14AH battery was the size,it wouldnt fit in my regular battery casing ( thats wat the dealer said, i never actually checked the size though)

If you are accessorizing your bull with extra fittings such as Halos for headlights extra halos on front guards,or high power horns etc higher amp battery would definitely be a plus.

But my concern is would the existing alternator be able to charge the battery to 14A or would need this need an upgrade for the alternator as well.

Maybe a spare battery in parallel to power the accessories should be a better idea. Let me also check with RE guys here and appreciate if any gurus can put down their thoughts on this .
Old 18th May 2013, 03:18   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

As a point of information, I just changed the battery in my 2011 G5 (Electra).
It uses a 14AH 12 volt battery.

The physical dimensions of the battery my motorcycle has is 133.35 wide X 88.90 deep X 165.86 high.
This is one of the smaller sized 14AH batteries I found during my search for a replacement. (I was looking at the AGM (absorbent glass material) batteries on the internet).

Because the ability of a battery to keep on producing a given amount of power over a period of time is directly related to the physical size of the plates, the Amp/Hour rating of a battery pretty much dictates its size.
That is to say, if the battery plates have a area of X square cm, a battery with plates that are 2X square cm in size will be able to produce the same amount of power about twice as long.

As for charging the battery, as both of the ones being discussed are 12 volt batteries they can both be charged by the same alternator/regulator charging system.

Different charging systems have different amounts of power output so although the one made for use with a 5 AH battery can charge the larger 14AH battery, it may take it longer.

Last edited by ArizonaJim : 18th May 2013 at 03:21.
ArizonaJim is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2013, 10:27   #70
BHPian

@Pheonix : The battery cage is small in the standard uce when compared with the electra.

@ArizonaJim : Thank you sir.

@ every one :

Can anyone comment on the alternators in different models of RE ?

AFAIK Standard UCE runs on AC / DC ( Hard as a rock )

Thunderbird, Electra, The classics run on DC.

regards adrian
Old 24th September 2013, 15:19   #71
Senior - BHPian

need the following stuff for my Bullet Electra 350.
1) Indicator lights integrated in the handle bars. I believe someone in Delhi makes them
2) Seat in leather/rexine preferable dark tan coloured. Done want individual seats but one large dual type seat.
3) Saddle bags which look nice not too bulky but which have a leather look, to match with seat leather/rexine
4) Leds for pilot lamps and all round lights. The Pilot lamps i want as DRLs so that they are on even on daylight.
5) Whitewalls or white thick type rim insert to give the tyres a white wall look.
6) Fuel guage. Can i fit the one that comes in the Classic?

Need advice regards availability price and where it would be available in Mumai as well as Delhi. Im going to be in Delhi on 30 and 31st.
Old 25th September 2013, 10:49   #72
BHPian

Have you checked http://www.royalenfieldzone.com/ ? Many of the accessories you are looking are available there.

Old 25th September 2013, 11:11   #73
BHPian

hello fellow bullet'eers,

In the coffee table book of royal enfield, there is a picture of a gentleman who has adorned his tank and tool box with carved metal plates, I am told that these are specialty of HYD or Rajasthan.

Please can somebody point me to a source.?

Regards
Old 9th May 2014, 20:03   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
hello fellow bullet'eers,

In the coffee table book of royal enfield, there is a picture of a gentleman who has adorned his tank and tool box with carved metal plates, I am told that these are specialty of HYD or Rajasthan.

Please can somebody point me to a source.?

Regards
Could you share the pic of the same?

Have you taken a look at Rajputana Customs? http://rajputanacustoms.com/
Old 27th May 2014, 10:33   #75
Senior - BHPian

Gents I need help with sourcing the petrol tank stickers similar to the one in the picture below. I got this image from our classified sections and would like to buy a pair of these.
Accessories for the Royal Enfield-picture_130293.jpg

Any pointers to an online or a local store in Bangalore where I can pick this up from ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks