Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 16:26   #1
BHPian

Booked a Big Boys Bike

Greetings all,

After a long thirst since the day i drove my first geared bike (@1991 - Bullet) @ ITC grounds Chennai and the Driving License test with Bullet 1974 model (one of my cousin's), i see a major difference in Riding a bike and motorcycles, Even after my motorcycle (HH splendour) clocked 1 lac +.

I have gone through lot of BHPians inputs and understood that the UCE is the common engine for all Royal Enfield products now.

And also the Thunderbird is my dream from the day i saw it in production line in REML - Thiruvottiyur. (My dad was a supplier there during 1995 ~1998).

Yesterday 5th July 2010 the thirst is been solved by booking a TBTS - Rivera Red in their Adyar showroom.

The waiting period is 4 months (As per the sales person).

I request team to advice me whether i need to go for any additions / upgrades.

My concerns are

1. Visibility has to be good during night ride (the one like my 135/100 in Getz CRDi).

a) Did the stock wiring support 100/90 Philips rally or do i need to go for
a relay ?

2. Better Grip on roads

3. Good Crash gaurds (am looking for safe one and not the fancy one)

Thanks much for your time
Old 6th July 2010, 18:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on realizing your dream of owning the TB and booking the TBTS.

Have a look at the crash guard provided by RE. My friend picked up his Electra and got the front and rear crash guard fitted in the showroom itself. Looks quite sturdy and safe. For the rest of the points i guess the bulleteers will be able to comment better.
Old 6th July 2010, 19:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

@Trtraj - Congratulations on your purchase. PM the mod bblost & he can help you to a good extend on your questions.

PS - When a friend of mine booked a TBTS in Feb first week this year, the waiting time was 45 days & he got his motorcycle delivered by April 1st week. I'm surprised to hear the waiting period of 4 months. No wonder RE closed the bookings for C5 temporarily!!!
Old 7th July 2010, 12:24   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Trtraj - I'm surprised to hear the waiting period of 4 months. No wonder RE closed the bookings for C5 temporarily!!!
RE has not stopped booking for C5. They have only stopped booking for Classic 350.

I was there in the Adyar showroom this weekend.

Classic 500 waiting period - 9 months
Classic 350 - Booking stopped
All other models have a waiting period of 4 months
Old 7th July 2010, 13:08   #5
BHPian

Thats sad...ppl with loose all the excitement in 9 months be it classic 500 ..thats way too long..I will be surprised if people are still booking C5. Is it that RE is concentraing on exports more and ignoring the local demand in doing so ?? I wanted to book classic 350 once i am back in India in September but it does not seem possible.
Old 7th July 2010, 13:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats tilak and I think its time you put that splendor to rest. Make it a weekend affair to wash her and take it for a ride. I still remember that ride from our cricket grounds to office on the splendor. For your riding style I think you something bigger and heavier and the RE fits the bill perfectly.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 7th July 2010 at 13:19.
Old 7th July 2010, 21:00   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on realizing your dream of owning the TB and booking the TBTS.

Have a look at the crash guard provided by RE. My friend picked up his Electra and got the front and rear crash guard fitted in the showroom itself. Looks quite sturdy and safe. For the rest of the points i guess the bulleteers will be able to comment better.
Thanks Abhinav, I checked with the sales person and he directed me to the accessories shop in Kalashektra road. I am sure that i have to spend for crashgaurd and saree gaurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishekjp View Post
Thats sad...ppl with loose all the excitement in 9 months be it classic 500 ..thats way too long..I will be surprised if people are still booking C5. Is it that RE is concentraing on exports more and ignoring the local demand in doing so ?? I wanted to book classic 350 once i am back in India in September but it does not seem possible.
Abhishek, Its possible if you know someone in REML directly. (though i dont know how it works, i heard that its possible. Infact i am also trying to get the beast ASAP on that route)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Congrats tilak and I think its time you put that splendor to rest. Make it a weekend affair to wash her and take it for a ride. I still remember that ride from our cricket grounds to office on the splendor. For your riding style I think you something bigger and heavier and the RE fits the bill perfectly.
Thanks for the wishes Riju.. My splendour is taking full rest nowadays
Old 7th July 2010, 21:03   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Trtraj - Congratulations on your purchase. PM the mod bblost & he can help you to a good extend on your questions.

PS - When a friend of mine booked a TBTS in Feb first week this year, the waiting time was 45 days & he got his motorcycle delivered by April 1st week. I'm surprised to hear the waiting period of 4 months. No wonder RE closed the bookings for C5 temporarily!!!
Thanks for the input Aargee. I will do so.
Old 8th July 2010, 18:28   #9
BHPian

Congrats trtraj.

I have booked a TBTS black, at the same showroom and waiting for the past 40 days. Interestingly the delay is builiding the anxiety levels and I am sure when it lands in Sep, I would be in clound nine.
Old 9th July 2010, 12:47   #10
BHPian

Great Car&Me,

Congrats to you too. Am sure RE's users will be happy with biking.

Cheers

BTW, do you have any plan of doing long drives with TBTS?
Old 13th July 2010, 14:18   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post
Great Car&Me,

Congrats to you too. Am sure RE's users will be happy with biking.

Cheers

BTW, do you have any plan of doing long drives with TBTS?
I want to say yes. But the reality is different. I have been a car guy and did not ride bikes for more than 13 years. Hence I dont know how willing / interested am I, for a long drive on a 2 wheeler. Once I start riding TBTS in a few months I think I will work on that. Until then this capable highway rider (TBTS) will only be used in the concrete Jungle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks