Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2015, 09:42   #76
BHPian

Re: International Jawa Yezdi Day - Bangalore, July 11th

I did attend this meet , but by the time I went most of the things were packed up. There were a handful of yezdis here and there , a couple of them selling Jawa caps and T shirts , and a battery stall. I was quite disappointed and returned home. But there were some nice well maintained bikes. It was a visual treat. An event like this has the potential to do more.
Old 11th July 2017, 21:12   #77
Senior - BHPian

Jawa day 2017 at Mysuru

Vintage models

The motorcycles paraded included vintage bikes such as a 1948-model Jawa motorcycle imported from what was then Czechoslovakia. The motorcycle is now owned by Raghu, a resident of Mysuru, who purchased it from its previous owner eight years ago. “The bike is still used regularly on city roads,” Mr. Krishna said.

International Jawa Day is observed on the second Sunday of July every year to mark the start of production of these motorcycles in the 1960s. Not only vehicles manufactured at the facility in Mysuru till 1996, when the factory was closed, even motorcycles imported from Czechoslovakia are paraded at the rally every year.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...le19248952.ece
Old 13th February 2018, 18:23   #78
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 15th February 2018 at 15:04.
sad:) is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed