Team-BHP > Motorbikes

View Poll Results: Should I sell my Yamaha RX100
Yes.There are some better bikes 6 14.29%
No.RX100 is wonderful,Dikhave pe mat jao,apni akal lagao 36 85.71%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2010, 23:04   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

I can swear by my youthful 1990 RX 100 and have taken a vow never to sell it.The thread shows my love for this lovely beast my Lady in Red which paints the town Red!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-rx-100-a.html
On the motorbikes section, I now find one or more threads on every page devoted to the RX 100/135 by bhpians who are bowled over by their Yamahas.I admit that I too am a RX100 fanatic.Can't ever dream of selling that ! No never even in my dreams!
siddarthp I am unable to grasp the exact reason as to why you want to sell the bike?
Old 24th July 2010, 03:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Anybody who sells an RX, RD or Shogun always repents. Always.

Btw, I'd like to see a pic of an RX that's fetching 50K.

Last edited by straight6 : 24th July 2010 at 03:19.
Old 24th July 2010, 07:44   #18
BHPian

Straight6, here is the link for the Rx fetching 50k:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post1977415

I guess you missed the start of the thread. And you are correct, they do repent and later find themselves finding another same bike.
Hey Anjan, your bike is MH31. Are you from Nagpur? I used to stay there. Recently visited teh place and all of a sudden seems to have alot of rx100 on road.
Old 24th July 2010, 10:05   #19
jp1
BHPian

I bought my Rx 100 in 1986 for 17k, and sold it for 17k+ in 1989 due to a difficult situation. I still cant get over it. Keep it if you can.
Old 24th July 2010, 10:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

I have a 1987 model RX bought it 1987 and I would never ever sell it ! It has done around 1.56L kms and is still in pristine condition, spares are not a problem at least here in Bangalore. If you are the emotional type, don't sell ! If it is going to be mind over heart, then take a call, you won't get another 'show room kandition' RX again in a hurry ! BTW - I also own a 2007 Pulsar 150.

Last edited by kannan666 : 24th July 2010 at 10:21.
Old 24th July 2010, 10:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthp View Post

Yesterday night, I thought of selling my Rx100.(Could not sleep peacefully after that I must admit!)
What should I do?? Should I sell my RX100??
Hey Buddy, you just had a nightmare!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
I bought my Rx 100 in 1986 for 17k, and sold it for 17k+ in 1989 due to a difficult situation. I still cant get over it. Keep it if you can.
Some people cant get over it yet.

The RX is one of the fastest accelerating bikes. You will never get "that" feel in the modern 4 strokers!!

My 3 cents
Old 24th July 2010, 11:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

My RX100 was sold off without even asking me while I was off on a holiday.

I regret going for that vacation every time I see one pass me on the roads.
Old 24th July 2010, 11:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

I still regret the day I sold my RX(z) after 8 years ~50,000 kms in 2006.

My reason for selling was different though- could not stand the sight of her getting dusty and rusted in the basement (I continued to retain her for ~6 months after buying Bullet) after I was hooked to my (then new) Bullet.

Earlier this year, I bumped into my RXZ again on Pune road. Man what a condition she was in... I wailed for whole night.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 24th July 2010 at 11:50. Reason: minor correction
Old 24th July 2010, 11:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
The RX is one of the fastest accelerating bikes. You will never get "that" feel in the modern 4 strokers!!
Headers, this is something I've to agree with you on

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
My RX100 was sold off without even asking me while I was off on a holiday.

I regret going for that vacation every time I see one pass me on the roads.
That's really sad, any particular reasons for this? Parking problems eh?

Spike
Old 24th July 2010, 12:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

I don't know. No reason justifies it.

Apparently it was getting old and was taking up lounging space in the veranda.
Old 24th July 2010, 17:03   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Hey Anjan, your bike is MH31. Are you from Nagpur? I used to stay there. Recently visited teh place and all of a sudden seems to have alot of rx100 on road.
Yes nomadabhi, indeed from Nagpur.There are a lot of RX100's in running condition here and spares are'nt a problem. The Yamaha A.S.S.'s have them aplenty!
Old 25th July 2010, 20:10   #27
BHPian

DO NOT SELL!!!!

I was a proud owner of a 1986 Rx100. Was the second owner and the bike was running a standard piston ... unopened engine.

The Owner had Died and I was having difficulty in getting the bike transferred to my name (I am very particular about that).

Sold it off for a meager 5.5k in Jan 2007 to an office mate. I see the bike EVERYDAY in the parking lot and my stomach still churns. Have offered to buy the bike back ... but my buddy always laughs (That laugh that says "Sucker, he he")

The Loss I feel is greater when I sold off 2 of my 3 RDs and one of my 2 Yezdi-350s.

Maybe coz I still have one each of those bikes, it does not hurt that much

I have bought a 5-speed RXZ ( a mighty fine machine )to compensate for my RX100 ....

But it's just not enough.

Now I am stalking (i.e. keeping tabs on) a few old chaps who have 1986 single owned RX100s.

Call them every month or so to ask if they have changed their mind ....

Trust me, if it's money u r looking for, the RX will get u more than 50k in the years to come .....

BUT DO NOT SELL THE MIGHTY RX100
Old 25th July 2010, 20:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Accepted...IMO,But,sometimes top end gets edgy and not that smooth. NOM.
Sid, I'm glad you took my comments positive. But if you want to get this top end factor there're several simple to complex things that can be done. Trust me, Shogun & Rx are great helpers for performance mods. But offlate, I've been feeling that...

You ride an Rx with that glossy look, slow, not too slow, fast, not very fast, but at a speed where one can notice that there's something different breed of motorcycle that is approaching, they notice it; for people who don't know what is Rx, they just notice it & forget; someone who knows what is Rx, they're happy to see your ride; for someone who has owned an Rx in past, you give a little pride about your ride; for present owners like us, we've a feeling that we're one community, the Rx community.

Anyways, these are just my thoughts, but if you're looking for performance, I'm sure there're much more experts & Gurus here & may be you can start a new thread on Rx performance mods & we can all have a great contribution from which I could learn too . But to begin with, what's your requirement? What's the top end you're looking at & what's the smooth or edgy factor that you define? Appreciate if you can share them. Tks.

Last edited by aargee : 25th July 2010 at 20:33.
Old 26th July 2010, 11:12   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

You ride an Rx with that glossy look, slow, not too slow, fast, not very fast, but at a speed where one can notice that there's something different breed of motorcycle that is approaching, they notice it; for people who don't know what is Rx, they just notice it & forget; someone who knows what is Rx, they're happy to see your ride; for someone who has owned an Rx in past, you give a little pride about your ride; for present owners like us, we've a feeling that we're one community, the Rx community.
Very very well said, you didn't miss a beat like the RX.

Spike
Old 26th July 2010, 15:48   #30
gou
BHPian

Quote:

I am getting 50k for my RX.
.Somebody said,keep both the bikes.That is not possible.

What should I do?? Should I sell my RX100??
You are getting a very good price for your bike. I would suggest you to sell it (already indicated in the poll). There are plenty of good bikes available, whether they are better is somewhat subjective. There are two good ones in Yamaha's stable - FZ and R15.

I would suggest you to thoroughly TD the the bikes you might consider buying after selling your RX. Take a long TD and multiple TDs if possible. That would help you understand what you would feel driving other bike after selling your RX. Then analyze and decide what you would like to do. All the best to you whatever you decide

PS: I have taken a thorough TD of R15, FZ and P220 and you can ping me if you need some info on these.

Most Viewed