View Poll Results: Should I sell my Yamaha RX100
Yes.There are some better bikes 6 14.29%
No.RX100 is wonderful,Dikhave pe mat jao,apni akal lagao 36 85.71%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 16:08   #31
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The RX-100 gave a different kind of thrill that only a 2 stroke engine bike can. Even the faster shogun did not match the thrill that the RX-100 gave. Had one with me from 1996-1998. No I would not buy another RX-100 again today, but would not sell the one that I had either.

50K is good money, but if you do not need the cash right now, i suggest you buy the new bike and then decide if you feel like letting go of the RX, in a month or two of usage. Am sure you will find the newer breed of bikes to be better in almost all ways - especially if you choose well from the Yamaha / Honda Range. If you still feel the urge for a dose of RX-100 every month or so, then you can keep it, else sell it off. A bike that is not used will corrode away.
Old 16th August 2010, 10:50   #32
BHPian

No dilemma now...Thanks to all people

Dear T-BHPians,

Thanks to your help and time.I have decided to keep the RX100 now just because of you all people and will never sell it off.

May be I will buy another 200 CC bike(Avenger/ZMA) types or may be 2nd hand Electra.

The brainwashing which I received was awesome and I enjoyed it.
Thanks to all who said 'YES' to sale RX.I was able to get some other dimension because of -ve reactions on RX as well.

So,finally JAI HO RX !!

Mods: You can close the thread now.
Old 16th August 2010, 11:46   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gou View Post
There are plenty of good bikes available, whether they are better is somewhat subjective. There are two good ones in Yamaha's stable - FZ and R15.
gou, I'm guessing here that you were not a teenager/college goer thru' the late 1980s till say mid 1990s - or trying to ride a bike/moped and lusting after a RX100.

siddharthp - good decision
Old 3rd March 2011, 04:20   #34
BHPian

Re: Dilemma in selling RX100

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthp View Post
My RX makes more noise actually than most of other RX100.The beats are loud actually.I don't want to change it to catcon but if somebody can suggest solution in existing setup,it will be great.
Sid, I'm not sure if your above question was answered. I would just suggest you to try buying a new silencer(Jalli,bansuri, flute) that goes inside of rear end. I would think due to age, the silencer might have got worn out/damaged. By plonking the new silencer, would actually dips the loud noise and over a period of time the carbon deposits and the note becomes more melody.
Old 3rd March 2011, 07:54   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriramEfunds View Post
new silencer(Jalli,bansuri, flute) that goes inside of rear end.
I guess what you are referring to is called muffler.

The original one comes with holes punched and had a cap at the end (locally called as katori)
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By plonking the new silencer, would actually dips the loud noise and over a period of time the carbon deposits and the note becomes more melody.
The glass wool inside the muffler is blocked / full of carbon IMO. A simple solution is to replace the glass wool to get back the beat.

If your mech has removed the same, sound will increase!
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:24   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Sid, I'm not sure if your above question was answered. I would just suggest you to try buying a new silencer(Jalli,bansuri, flute) that goes inside of rear end. I would think due to age, the silencer might have got worn out/damaged. By plonking the new silencer, would actually dips the loud noise and over a period of time the carbon deposits and the note becomes more melody.
Hi Sri,

I have 3 mufflers short medium and full.Shorter the length,more the sound.I am using the longest muffler still it is so loud that I don't needto use horn People just give me side saying 'RX is coming' but I will do some desi jugaad once i a back in india.I am planning to add one more extension to the muffler,but i fear that this may impact pickup adversely.not sure though!!
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:44   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthp View Post
Hi Sri,

I have 3 mufflers short medium and full.Shorter the length,more the sound.I am using the longest muffler still it is so loud that I don't needto use horn People just give me side saying 'RX is coming' but I will do some desi jugaad once i a back in india.I am planning to add one more extension to the muffler,but i fear that this may impact pickup adversely.not sure though!!
As it is already discussed above, the other reason could be the muffler assembly itself. Inspect if there is any damage on the current one, guess you will need to try with another RX100 silencer and try the beat since you have already done the experiment. Nice to know that the present muffler is good enough to do the job of honking as well. (Corporates love this theory!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks