Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 17:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Sweet !.

I hope this news is true. I was just going to plonk some money on the Fastest Indian. Glad i saw this news, else i would end up riding the second fastest Indian in two months time. I am a bit skeptical about Bajaj Quality, but from reading the reviews of 220 DTSi, it looks like they have made a reall effort, especially with the false gear issues.
I do not think there is an official communication from Yamaha. Romours may not become true. I would recommend not to take this news very seriously. It makes sense to wait if your requirement is not urgent.
Old 28th July 2010, 21:36   #17
gou
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgev View Post
Yamaha quietly launched thier SS125, a Gladiator with lot of contrasting stickers. Looks like they are refreshing thier models

Products | India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd.

go yamaha go
The bike in above url really looks nice
Old 9th August 2010, 04:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

People at Motoroids.com have recently reported that fz25/fazer 250 is not headed to India anytime soon.

LINK:

Yamaha launches SZ 150, SZ-X and YBR125 in India

What they have to say:

"We are sorry! We had confirmed some time back that Yamaha is going to launch three new bikes before October 2010, and guess what, they have! However, the Fazer 250 we talked about, is not mentioned anywhere. What Yamaha has launched instead is the SZ 150 that we confirmed more than once, a variant of the SZ 150 called the ‘SZ-X’ and a 123cc engined version of the YBR, called the YBR125."

This should put an end to all the rumors and speculations.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 9th August 2010 at 04:28.
Old 9th August 2010, 13:15   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This is a shame indeed. I feel there is a market as right now if you want something reliable, there is only the Karizma. P220 DTSi is fast but long term reliability is not proven yet.

If Yamaha were to launch this, I feel it has tremendous potential.
Old 17th August 2010, 15:11   #20
gou
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This is a shame indeed. I feel there is a market as right now if you want something reliable, there is only the Karizma. P220 DTSi is fast but long term reliability is not proven yet.

If Yamaha were to launch this, I feel it has tremendous potential.
If you want performance with reliability Yamaha have R15 in there stable.

Yes people would definitely want something more powerful - but if Yamaha launches something more powerful it might be costlier than R15. Yes something homegrown from Yamaha which can match Ninza 250 would definitely be welcome if it costs 1.5-2L on road.

Most Viewed