Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 11:04   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@sinner:

I feel you can rule out the clutch plates as this is not a symptom of clutch plates. Spark plugs are cheap so change the plugs and wires first. If that doesn't help the most likely culprit in the CDI.
Old 17th August 2010, 18:04   #32
BHPian

Thanks 4X4..
2 Aargee : when i did the testing on open lid i had about 1/4 fuel in the tank.

I'll be checking the spark plug and stuff on thursday so will update you guys then. Hopefully this time with pictures (of the spark plug).
Old 17th August 2010, 18:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

If possible, do check the ignition coil and CDI test in addition. Pls do not dismiss Gordon's point on BS26 carbs, it is also very much valid & worth giving a try.

Some more point, though weird, worth giving a try. Check if the existing main jets on your carbs are stock & is not broken or does not have any hairline crack. What I intend to say here is, MAY BE, B.A.S.S would've mistakenly swapped your jets with some other Avenger.

Also try to check & update on the pickup & top speed factor. When checking the top speed, check the engine heat in addition.
Old 19th August 2010, 11:01   #34
BHPian

Since aargee and others have pointed out the vacuum issue / petrol supply, could it be any block in the fuel tap and associated supply line? Had a very bad fuel tap issue in my bike years back, the tap was was only rotating outside, not really opening the hole, causing a very low petrol flow, which works for sometime and later make the bike stop.

My two cents.
Old 19th August 2010, 16:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

How do you check a vaccum leak? I've read you've to spray WD40 on suspected areas. But what are the suspected areas?
Old 20th August 2010, 11:43   #36
BHPian

I finally (most probably) have a cure to the never ending problem that I’ve been facing with my bike. Yesterday I took my bike to the one guy I’ve been wanting to for a very long time. Mr Tony in Malad.

We did a little brain storming to figure out what the problem could be, we checked :
- Spark plug wear. It was little on the black side, guess it was running rich, right ?
- Kachra in the Carb and fuel tap. It had very little kachra, not enough to cause problems for 4 months
- Fuel LID for the air passage. Certified to be sufficient

On closely inspecting and carefully cleaning the Carb we found that the Diaphragm that sits on top of the Carb had a small hole caused by usual wear and tear.
( I’ll try to post the pic, I kept the broken piece as a souvenir)
That’s it.

We replaced the diaphragm and the bike is running fine 30 Kms on the odo and most of It in the heavy Mumbai traffic.

I know I should have taken the bike to him at the first place. I’ll now refer to Mr Tony as my Bike Doctor.

Happy Riding for me now.
Old 20th August 2010, 12:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear the problem being resolved @Sinner; most importantly Thanks for sharing the incident with us. I'm glad you're going to enjoy your ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks