Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:49   #1
BANNED

Alloy Wheels replacement for Pulsar 150

I'm having a 2005 Pulsar 150 with spoke wheels. Now one of my wheels is damaged due to a pothole, so I'm planning to replace both of my wheels with alloys.

The tyre sizes are:

Front: 2.75 - 17"
Rear: 100/90 - 17"

So should I go for stock Pulsar 150's alloys or any other after-market replacement ?

OR

Is there any other better option of using alloys of other bikes ?
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

My questions will be what's your additional expectation for the change?
Stick to stock, if you want less troubles, same power, no surprises & peace of mind
Go for after market, if you want looks, may be some troubles & surprises.

There're lots of after market alloy wheels, you must be aware of, especially made in Coimbatore that are both reliable & non reliable. You need to check the weight & rigidity, manufacturer reputation & what not before going in for such alloy wheels. Or you need to find a model that has been successful.

For stock, you don't need to do any research, take it to Bajaj A.S.S.

Even in case of any issues with stock alloy wheels, you'll get the support from Bajaj A.S.S, even if they don't support, you can always make some noise to get some help, but you may not be able to do much with after market.
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:37   #3
BHPian

I'm not sure about the alterations .But i feel you might need to check front discs and rear brake linkages for compatibility.
The OEM black alloys might cost to somewhere between 6-7K i feel.
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:43   #4
BHPian

Well mithun, my friend had changed his pulsar spoke wheel with platina alloy. He said it was a perfect fit. Why dont you check it out. It would be better if it is done through bajaj A.S.S.
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:11   #5
BANNED

Thanks for everyone's replies.

My expectations are mostly durability and also a little better handling(if possible).

And, one pair of Bajaj alloys costs about Rs.3900(approx).
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:09   #6
BHPian

Which P150 exactly, the classic(non-DTSi) or the later DTSi upgrades?

Because the classic's engine was not designed with alloys in mind, the lowering of 1 incher on the drive wheels will pull down the efficiency & also I have heard these OE alloys are heavier than the steel/spoke wheels which would eventually put an additional load too.

Also you may have to spell something like 7-8k for the wheels with tyres'n tubes!
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:31   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantragna View Post
Which P150 exactly, the classic(non-DTSi) or the later DTSi upgrades?

Because the classic's engine was not designed with alloys in mind, the lowering of 1 incher on the drive wheels will pull down the efficiency & also I have heard these OE alloys are heavier than the steel/spoke wheels which would eventually put an additional load too.

Also you may have to spell something like 7-8k for the wheels with tyres'n tubes!
I'm having P150 DTS-i v2 but with a kick-start. The standard sizes of the tyres are 17" and not 18"(like the Classics).

Most Viewed