Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2010, 15:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

SZ-150 and YBR125 launched by Yamaha

Yamaha has launched SZ-150 in two variants at killer pricing.

One without disc will be Rs. 49k ex-showroom and with disc will be Rs. 52k ex-showroom.

They also launched YBR125.

While this a very good move i wonder what will happen to Gladiator.

Source:

Yamaha launches SZ 150, SZ-X and YBR125 in India

[NEWS INDIA]: Launched: Yamaha SZ 153cc and Yamaha YBR 125cc - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community
Old 5th August 2010, 19:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

YAMAHA's new SZ, SZ-X 150

Yamaha turns biking scene in India hotter with trio launches Unveils all new SZ, SZ-X and YBR 125

New Delhi, August 04, 2010: Buoyed by the success of deluxe and premium segment bikes, India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd. today unveiled three new bikes - SZ, SZ-X and YBR 125 in a bid to give Indian masses the Yamaha edge of Quality, Performance, & Design. Lending a spark to the occasion was Bollywood hunk and Yamaha’s brand ambassador in India, John Abraham, a passionate biker himself.

Commenting on the occasion, Mr. Yukimine Tsuji, CEO & MD, India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd. said, “The launch of SZ, SZ-X and YBR 125 is in line with Yamaha’s true commitment to provide world-class products to its customers. SZ, SZ-X and YBR125 models have been designed and engineered down to the finest details for maximum comfort of the rider. Ideal combinations of Power, Comfort & Style, SZ & SZ-X have been designed with a strong focus on quality and performance.

YBR 125, on the other hand, is stylish and has good ergonomics for comfortable day-to-day commuting. We are confident that these bikes will capture the imagination of a whole generation of bikers who are looking for something extra”.
Talking about the company’s association with John Abraham, he said, “Our association with John Abraham has evolved into a strong relationship. A passionate biker himself, John has added a new dimension to our brand image. As an advisor also, he has given his value-additions towards our company’s initiatives.”

Powering the new SZ and SZ-X is an all-new 4-Stroke air-cooled, SOHC single cylinder with 153cc engine that has been tuned for optimum performance i.e. Extra Power in the low to mid-speed range thereby ensuring a stress-free ride on Indian roads. The bikes are equipped with AI System and a large-capacity muffler with catalyzer for cleaner exhaust.

The bikes flaunt some cutting edge design structures like the headlight cowl with 3-dimensional slanting line which along with a sporty fender with split look enhances the look of bikes. There is a large capacity 14L fuel tank which gives the ability to go Extra Mile. The long cushioned seat ensures comfortable riding position enabling a straighter back and Extra Comfort while commuting long distances.

SZ-X is also equipped with some of the finest technologies like electric starter and a windscreen to cut inward air swirl, thus making a hassle free riding experience for the rider.

Adding to SZ and SZ-X charisma are the sophisticated meter panel, shroud with dynamic image, modern look dual tail lights, full plastic chain case (gives protection from dust & water), robust side cover and 5-spoke cast wheel.

The new YBR 125, on the other hand, has chiseled looks and enthralls the commuter with a comfortable riding experience. The bike is targeted towards executive segment customers who want a commuter bike that has a universally accepted design, gives a feeling of solidity & robustness and satisfactory mileage at an affordable price. The bike is equipped with 123cc engine and 4-Speed gear box. YBR 125 will be available in three colors - Red, Black and Black-Red colors. Booking of the bikes will start immediately.

With the Yamaha signature all over, the trio SZ, SZ-X and YBR 125 are extremely well engineered, comfortable, stylish and promise to be the best bikes in respective segments.

India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd.

Specs

Products | India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd.

Last edited by Mpower : 5th August 2010 at 19:27.
Old 5th August 2010, 20:41   #3
BHPian

You won it in the race to post it first MPower Sir!
Damn this extended working hours! Breaking Yamaha news was my task usually!
Yamaha looks to have gained some confidence (atleast within) with the success of their FZ series and the race bred R15.

This seems to be an interesting portfolio now, they are at the 4 stroke 125cc segment again, a step which probably started their tide down north with the YBX (it was a good bike nonetheless). Also, the Gladiator was a good attempt.

The SZ150 on the other hand looks to aim at the Super Commuter segment currently dominated by Pulsar 150, Unicorn and the recent Suzuki GS150R. It appears a bit half hearted effort to me, hope that its sales charts prove me wrong!
Old 5th August 2010, 21:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Same engine as FZ16 but 2 bhp lower output.

Styling is OK. Nothing earth shattering but not boring either. No disc!
Attached Thumbnails
SZ-150 and YBR125 launched by Yamaha-red_big.jpg  

Old 5th August 2010, 21:39   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Styling is OK. Nothing earth shattering but not boring either. No disc!
Nothing exciting in styling. But far better than some design cues of new Bajaj Pulsar 135, especially the rear mud guard styling.
Old 6th August 2010, 00:50   #6
BHPian

this bike is simple practical yamaha for the masses with enough power to ride in cities i suppose. it comes with gladiator disc which the dealer fix on the spot @52k. hope yamaha makes numbers on these new bikes ,establish strongly in india to bring in the 250 very soon , yamaha on spot lights
Old 6th August 2010, 16:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

I didn't like the ugly YBR 125. The one in other markets with round headlamp looks better. SZ 150 is good. Nothing too exciting.

After discover 150 and this sz 150, looks like there is a new market opening up with more ccs and less power at lower price.
Old 9th August 2010, 15:33   #8
BANNED

If the pricing is to be true , Yamaha will surely be on a roll . I am thinking the sz has the potential to eat up twister , discover , with its great pricing .

Getting a 150 cc bike for the price of a twister or a splendour plus will see many people stepping into yamaha showrooms .

I am surely going to buy one , infact went to the showroom to check out the bike , but it seems the bikes are expected this month end only .
Old 9th August 2010, 17:33   #9
BHPian

currently the new version gladiator is being sold at close to 60000 Rs On road price in bangalore.

so this SZ-X will be around 65000 on road and without front disc brake this is not an attractive option.

i just checked with dealers in bangalore. the bike is coming to showrooms by 20th Aug and delivery time is one month.
Old 12th August 2010, 10:28   #10
BHPian

SZ should help Yam

With SZ, Yamaha will seriously address the commuter segment. A 150 cc bike at the price of a 125 cc! This according to me is the killer punch. A lot of guys will upgrade from a 125 cc bike to a 150 cc SZ. I think this will be a game changing lauch for Yamaha.

Hope they launch something at the 200+ cc segment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks