Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2010, 00:03   #1

Electric Scooters

These are the next gen automobiles which will be popular with urban commuters.

Adv:
1.Need not worry about fuel price increase
2.No Licence,Registration,Insurance needed(Few models with speed >25kmph need Reg,Licence etc)
3.Lower maintenance cost except battery which has to be replaced once every 18 to 24 months if they are properly maintaned and serviced.

DisAdv:
1.Limited travelling distance with maximum of 100km per charge for few models.
2.Lower speed

I am opening Ultra motors 2 wheeler showroom in my home town(Karur,Tamilnadu) in the next few weeks.
Old 6th August 2010, 09:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhakar View Post
These are the next gen automobiles which will be popular with urban commuters.

Adv:
1.Need not worry about fuel price increase
2.No Licence,Registration,Insurance needed(Few models with speed >25kmph need Reg,Licence etc)
3.Lower maintenance cost except battery which has to be replaced once every 18 to 24 months if they are properly maintaned and serviced.

DisAdv:
1.Limited travelling distance with maximum of 100km per charge for few models.
2.Lower speed

I am opening Ultra motors 2 wheeler showroom in my home town(Karur,Tamilnadu) in the next few weeks.
Hi Prabhakar,

I had tried the e-bike from BSA motors which was next to the Honda showroom in Thane. But frankly speaking I did not find them exciting, no offence meant. With so many options around the e-bike its preference is going to be very limited.

I agree with no licence for single rider but there is a reqmt for bikes having pillion rider as well, atleast in Thane AFAIK.

Easy availbility of electricity for charging e-bikes is another thing which depends a lot on the energy infrastructure.

However my best wishes as with you for your venture.
Old 7th August 2010, 20:46   #3

Try the model velociti fom ultra motors. This model could easily carry two passengers to 40kmph. E-bike consume little power. For example the model marathon from ultra consume one unit of electricity and travel up to distance of 100km with single passenger. Velociti travel 50km for one unit of electricity.

Hence e-bike doesn't cause much strain to electricity infrastructure.
Old 10th August 2010, 10:58   #4
BHPian

Great initiative and my best wishes for your new venture. One of my relatives is a dealer of Hero Electric , while talking to him he said that the business is good after the fuel price hike. He was cribbing about TN not having any subsidies for E bikes like Delhi.

Is there a possibility of you being the dealer of both Hero Electric and Ultra motors like how its here in Salem. Hero has a better brand recognition and it will be easier for you to sell the vehicles saying that its from Hero Honda group ( well factually its not for the Munjal family has partitioned its business recently).

One thing I noticed is the lack of advertising for these products, if there is a possibility you should try to advertise with road shows, local cable channels, consumer exhibitions fliers etc.

I have test driven most of the E scoots and find velocity to be one of the better performers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks