Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 19:17   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Suzuki SlingShot launched!

Suzuki SlingShot launched!-suzuki-1.jpg

Excerpts from the official communication received:

Quote:
Suzuki Motorcycle India Pvt. Ltd. today launched the Suzuki SlingShot. Targeted at the mass segment, the Suzuki SlingShot is positioned to fill the void that currently exists between the 100 cc and the 150 cc segments without compromising on the key parameters that a customer aspires for – style of a 150 cc and the efficiency of a 100 cc bike.

The Suzuki SlingShot is available in four colours – Metallic Mustard Yellow, Metallic Fox Orange, Candy Antares Red and Pearl Nebular Black.
Old 31st August 2010, 19:20   #2
BHPian

Any info on the pricing and specs? Eagerly awaiting a review too...
Old 31st August 2010, 21:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

1) To the best of my knowledge, this is nothing but Suzuki Zeus with better exteriors. I dont appreciate this bike much, here is my review of Suzuki Zeus :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...free-cost.html

2) The rear swing arm is not box section, but is tubular which is not in tune with current bikes. Even TVS Victor had box section swing arm. But wheelbase is 25mm longer. Please note that I had read this in ACI about tubular swing arm, I have not seen the bike personally.

3) Engine is similar to Zeus. But Slingshot is 14 kg heavier than Zeus. Good for city driving only, lack the real outright grunt.

4) Fuel tank capacity is also similar.

IMO, this is half hearted attempt.
Old 31st August 2010, 21:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Would this be the first 10-Spoke alloy bike in India? Most of the indian motorcycles come with 5 of 6 spokes.
Old 31st August 2010, 22:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hmm.. Good to see GTO in the Motorbikes section

Coming to the bike itself, Looks to be a good commuter segment bike but if what Aag has suggested is true, then it might be a Zeus with changed clothes.
Old 31st August 2010, 22:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Wow when did GTO start writing in bikes ? . This is such a pathetic bike by looks . Every other bike in this segment looks similar .Just what we needed in over crowded segment .
Old 31st August 2010, 22:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Suzuki Motorcycle India Pvt. Ltd. today launched the Suzuki SlingShot
Is it launched today? But, I thought this was launched last Wednesday isn't it?

@Aggosswami - You're right that this motorcycle is not looking so good & is not a whole hearted attempt from Suzuki India.
Old 31st August 2010, 22:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Hmm.. Good to see GTO in the Motorbikes section

Coming to the bike itself, Looks to be a good commuter segment bike but if what Aag has suggested is true, then it might be a Zeus with changed clothes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Wow when did GTO start writing in bikes ? . This is such a pathetic bike by looks . Every other bike in this segment looks similar .Just what we needed in over crowded segment .

lol guys; GTO, welcome to the Bike Section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Would this be the first 10-Spoke alloy bike in India? Most of the indian motorcycles come with 5 of 6 spokes.
Almost 50~51K. I guess the smaller Honda is will be a better buy then, comes to 46-47k.

The alloys looks cool but fragile
Old 31st August 2010, 22:53   #9
BHPian

Hey Aag, i agree with you totally, this is just a half hearted attempt. And you are accurate about the swing arm too. I saw this bike when i went to take delivery of my GSR last saturday. It looks like chinese copy of FZ-16 with that head light. Only things I like are the mag wheels, its new design (for india) as compared other lot. And looks smart IMO. The SE said its nothing but just zeus with new cloths. I have begun to doubt about suzuki's commitment for india.

Last edited by indianvirus : 31st August 2010 at 22:56.
Old 31st August 2010, 23:28   #10
BHPian

I kinda liked the alloys on this one. But everything else on it looks downright cheapo, something similar to the road side mod shops.
Old 1st September 2010, 08:59   #11
Team-BHP Support

Would try to review Motorcycles GTO's way, had I been to some west part of India

I don't know how many Motorcycles would Suzie produce use the same 125cc engine.

If you want to know, what would click, have a look your UK site,
Suzuki GB Motorcycles/ATVs : Product intro

No V's for me, I am a sucker for inline screamers with zilch power upto 7-8K(having a red-line at 18k, would sure help)

^^Thanks for the post-up GTO
Old 1st September 2010, 19:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Saw the bike at the showroom and had a test drive too. I haven't driven the Zeus but this one didn't impress me much.

It was nothing like the GS150R. There is decent pickup from the vehicle and it pulls effortlessly from standstill. The gears fall in place precisely and the ride was good too. But there were some vibrations in the bike in Neutral gear and it was not in the league of GS in terms of refinement. But I didn't notice much of the harshness during the ride. It was a very short TD and the bike was spanking new so couldn't really rev her much.

The showroom person himself told that it is a Zeus in different clothing.
He also told me that a disc brake version will be coming soon. Even they do not know the power or the mileage figures for the vehicle.

The bike looks cool, but I am afraid it will not be enough. I asked them why Suzuki was trying to copy Yamaha when they have many bikes in their stable to get inspired from. Also told them to introduce bikes which are unique and have a USP in them. Honda Stunner was quoted as an example in case he didn't get what I meant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks