Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2006, 14:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Todays TOI mentions that Bajaj is lauching a high end version of the Pulsar at the Auto Expo.
so probably it's a 230-250 CC pulsar. no ninja, no twins.
Old 11th January 2006, 22:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone (in or around Pune) seen this bike? Usually some BHPians (or maybe Xbhpians?) spot these bikes while they undergo testing on public roads. Hope the bike is as visually appealing as the Pulsars. Any rumours about it getting the DTSi treatment too?

Last edited by sajo : 11th January 2006 at 22:34.
Old 12th January 2006, 06:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo
Has anyone (in or around Pune) seen this bike? Usually some BHPians (or maybe Xbhpians?) spot these bikes while they undergo testing on public roads. Hope the bike is as visually appealing as the Pulsars. Any rumours about it getting the DTSi treatment too?
adding to what you are saying. I guess it is possible that the bajaj people have retained that same shape with minor design upgrades.

If such is the case then its really sad.
Old 5th February 2006, 21:44   #49

hey bikies....
heard bout the unreliable bajaj gruop has come with a new weapon names as dtFi? sesems liek a 250 cc rite is it gona hit the roads of india? and if seen its looks its way ahead of karizma but its price ? affordable? have any one has got any idea bout the price tag of this machoman?
any wayz bajaj already broken hearts of many bye introducing new black shaded evil hope they wud continue top shed evry one.. im sure so wait untill it burn the road.. its a marketing trick guys .. patience its all we can have in the case of Bajaj.bye dudez
jai pulsar 180dtsi
Old 6th February 2006, 16:51   #50

Mr Bajaj said they are working on a new bigger bike, to be launched a year from now
Old 14th March 2006, 03:19   #51
BHPian

250????

Guys, I have seen a lot of people posting on this site. I Really think That the new pulsar is just 200 cc with a fuel injected engine. i also saw the auto expo pic, it looks like a 180 modified.
Old 14th March 2006, 03:47   #52
Senior - BHPian

any idea when the 250 cc pulsar is expected ?? is it expected before june this year or not.

rev
Old 14th March 2006, 04:26   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
any idea when the 250 cc pulsar is expected ?? is it expected before june this year or not.

rev

There has been speculations from day one as to when they are going to be launched.

Bajaj were supposed to come out with the Bajaj Anhelo or the Kawasaki Anhelo. That was a sweet bike, Twin cylinders, liquid cooled and a power output of 32 bhp. and this was rumoured to be the tuned down version.

We don't see any Anhelo's on indian roads now do we. Bajaj have decided to extend the product line of pulsars and have put out a single cylinder 250 cc liquid cooled, fuel injected, rear disc mounted pulsar.

I guess they have done this to distance themselves from kawasaki's influence on bajaj products. The Anhelo is a kawasaki bike and is genetically a Kawasaki. But the pulsar is home grown.

Hey! rev, incase you wanna go for a better bike, I suggest you wait. Yamaha also showcased some good bikes, a 150 cc gladiator which was coool and also a 250 cc Fazer and No it doesn't look as stupid as the current fazer. (Sorry! just personal opinion and not a pot shot at any fazer owners.)

TVS are rumoured to bring out better versions of their current bikes, I personally think TVS are the real Indian innovators when it comes to bikes, but have been disappointed about them not bringing in any new ones after the 150 cc Fiero. They have had enough of sitting at the back when bajaj is almost killing the competition. Expect good ones from them too. The apache is just the start I hope. (Remember, they are just rumours).

Hopefully the indian market will brighten up with a few good bikes in the coming year or two.
Old 14th March 2006, 05:39   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Todays TOI mentions that Bajaj is lauching a high end version of the Pulsar at the Auto Expo.
I would never beleive the words of TOI. They were also the ones who wrote articles about Maybachs being sold like peanuts in India. I feel they make no efforts in checking the authenticity of their sources, and are hell bent of creating hype geared towards circulation. Cheap!
-Prasadee
Old 18th March 2006, 03:24   #55
Senior - BHPian

Was this a hoaxe, is the new bike ever going to come...
Old 22nd March 2006, 02:42   #56
BHPian

No Hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Was this a hoaxe, is the new bike ever going to come...
Hey Aseem , The Bike is going to Come. But from what i heard it is a 200 225 cc Fuel Injected Pulsar.
Old 22nd March 2006, 03:17   #57
Senior - BHPian

yea its a 225 cc but whens it going to be available.at the rate things are going i dont think its going to br any time soon.

Rev
Old 13th April 2006, 17:52   #58
BHPian

Bigger bikes from Bajaj

Hi guys,
Was watching NDTV profit late last night and saw the interview with Rahul Bajaj.
Said two things of interest :-
1. 200-<250CC bike in 2 months time (Pulsar DTSI-F1).
2. Bajaj is working on a project with Kawasaki for a "bigger" bike for the global market. Due out in 2 years time.
God, Indian OEMs are just not reading the niche market correctly. Bikes manufactured from imported CKD kits of select models of bigger capacities would I think be lapped up.
We continue to wait and hope........and hope........and hope!!!1
Old 20th April 2006, 18:03   #59

Hi guys,
Was reading the Bike magazine and there is a reveiw for the pulsar 250.
Waiting for it eagerly !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks