Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2010, 21:20   #1
BHPian

Upjetting carb of Yamha FZ-S

Hello all knowledgeable people on this site may God grant you more knowledge

I own a 2010 Fz-s and I am really impressed with K&N filters but I have no clue on jetting the carb of what I have learnt through posts and bits of information I want to know everything about jetting before I let the mechanic touch my byson.

The SVC guys definetly do not know a thing, they said it costs 1790/- for a k&n and when I inquired more and got inquisitive. Asked him if jetting is required and he said nothing is required at all just that I will remove the stock filter and fit this directly on the carb and probably block a few places so that dust cant get in. I was like okay and the next time asked another person in the svc and he too said the same. He also said that they would be a generous mileage drop.

In a reputed shop, Mavalli, Bangalore. He suggested a filter called "HP" which looks just like RC1060 and he showed another model which is like R1060. Please let me know if its okay to install this because they are just like 1/4th of the price of K&N.

How is upjetting done exactly ? Where can I get jets ? How the mechanics do it ? Does the carb have to be dismantled from the engine ? And what are the jet sizes required for fz in order to upjet.

Waiting for you kind reply ! Thank you !
Old 3rd September 2010, 00:26   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamaan View Post
Hello all knowledgeable people on this site may God grant you more knowledge

I own a 2010 Fz-s and I am really impressed with K&N filters but I have no clue on jetting the carb of what I have learnt through posts and bits of information I want to know everything about jetting before I let the mechanic touch my byson.

The SVC guys definetly do not know a thing, they said it costs 1790/- for a k&n and when I inquired more and got inquisitive. Asked him if jetting is required and he said nothing is required at all just that I will remove the stock filter and fit this directly on the carb and probably block a few places so that dust cant get in. I was like okay and the next time asked another person in the svc and he too said the same. He also said that they would be a generous mileage drop.
As far as i know there are three reputed brands- Green Cotton, K&N and Piper Cross. Ive never heard of the brand you mentioned and hence i wouldnt suggest the same.
Im using Green Cotton K7.5 or you could say used to, as i reverted back to stock settings.
Get K&N RC1060 or GC K7.5 . You will definitely need an upjet for better performance and if you want, il refer you to my mechanic who is pretty good at this kind of stuff.

Just PM me if you want his address and number.
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:47   #3
BHPian

Thanks, but can anyone let me know the procedure
Old 3rd September 2010, 15:24   #4
BHPian

The filter was somewhat like this at Rs.350 and the one in this kind but brown was Rs.450 !
Old 3rd September 2010, 19:22   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamaan View Post

The filter was somewhat like this at Rs.350 and the one in this kind but brown was Rs.450 !
Do not put that filter on ur bike ! It will completely ruin the setup , these are imitation/ fake filters that u can buy off a street side vendor in Bangkok for 100 rupees.

Pls use Pipercross/K&N only.

Regards
wbd8779 is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks