Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2010, 23:00   #16
BHPian

@scuderiamania

Education has nothing to do with Safety and the need to follow Traffic rules. Come down to Hyd. I will show you Highly educated IT professionals who could care a damn about Traffic rules. But watch any News Channel (We've got more than a dozen local one's) and any program on traffic rules starts with almost every person capable of speech starting to crib about the lack of traffic police on the roads.
We can't have a policeman for every dozen citizens.
There is no lane discipline, no common sense. Everybody is in a rush, I don't know why. An average speed of 25-30 kmph is much better than many cities around the world.

@j4jense

Welcome to India. And, since you are riding bikes, please ensure utmost caution. Every safety device that is available for a motorcycle rider needs to be used, since you are not habituated to the mess that's called traffic here. Right from the rear-view mirrors to protective gear. Please be slow and hope you have good memories to take back from this trip.
Old 17th September 2010, 01:05   #17
BHPian

Riding bullets in India. Reminds me of 3 great years riding one when I was young. Nothing like it. Its the perfect bike for sight seeing in India. Please be careful of the mad drivers. Good luck and happy riding.
Old 17th September 2010, 02:16   #18
BHPian

Welcome to India j4jense.

Well as you have rightly pointed out, India doesn't have 250 chf kind of fines or the speed cameras. And even if we had, Indian population is not marked with their home addresses to send them fines in their mailbox

But in India you get adrenaline rush even at 40 km an hour which you might not get at 100 or 200 in Europe.
Old 17th September 2010, 23:58   #19

We all seem to pride in our disobidience. A classic example would be the inner ring road in Bangalore. People from the EGL campus routinely jump the divider on their bikes, just so that they can "short cut" their way to the other side of the road.
It has caused numerous accidents (a pair of such nuts veered just inches from our car, making us sverve and hit the cab over taking us from the left). All these guys are "highly educated" and (considering their jobs), must have travelled at least once to the US or the European countries. They rave about how great those places are and continue to shame our own shores.
It's really sad. Worst of all is the signal jumping habit. I have been hit by a signal jumper and I still can't forgive him. We should make signal jumping a seriously punishable offence.
Old 18th September 2010, 13:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4jense View Post

@MileCruncher: Having a blast? Well, i try to survive the indian traffic... Your Avatar is promising! Where's that pic taken?
This pic was taken in Ladakh, on the road from Debring to Tso Kar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks