Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 01:21   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Are you sure that H7 philips 6000k HID kits come for 5.5k? Slim ballast?
I really dont know what you mean by slim ballast. Could you post a pic of both so I could ask and tell which I am talking about?
Old 8th September 2010, 01:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
If you can get them shipped to Seattle, I can bring them down. Me or my colleague should be in Seattle, WA on September 14/15 for a User group conference and we should be back in Mumbai latest by September 17.

Let me know if this works with you. Then the only issue is getting them across to you from Mumbai.
Hey mantrig, Thank you for coming up with this, I have no problem doing it this way, But how long will you be there in Seattle? HID is in Devon, PA as of now So it takes some 3days for it to reach Seattle as they are on the opposite ends of united states. If you are staying in Seattle for a span of 1 or 2days, Then I don't think this will work well? What do you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
I really dont know what you mean by slim ballast. Could you post a pic of both so I could ask and tell which I am talking about?
Slim ballast I mean the size of the ballast, These are smaller, yet as good as the original fat ballasts. Here is a picture for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
P220-2010 initial review.-differencebetweenregularslimballast.jpg  

Old 8th September 2010, 01:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Slim ballast I mean the size of the ballast, These are smaller, yet as good as the original fat ballasts. Here is a picture for your reference.
Ok, then I am talking about the fat one. Also isnt this the relay and the bulbs called ballasts? AFAIK
Old 8th September 2010, 10:25   #19
BHPian

You are mistaken, these are ballasts, relays are not a part of hid, They are more like safety addons.
Old 8th September 2010, 16:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Hey mantrig, Thank you for coming up with this, I have no problem doing it this way, But how long will you be there in Seattle? HID is in Devon, PA as of now So it takes some 3days for it to reach Seattle as they are on the opposite ends of united states. If you are staying in Seattle for a span of 1 or 2days, Then I don't think this will work well? What do you say?
Hey I have a better option. Ship it to a friend of mine in Chicago - my colleague is staying with him till Saturday (getting the stuff couriered there should not be an issue).

Next week he is flying down, so your parcel will safely reach here peacefully. If shipped today itself, it should easily make it to Chicago by Saturday as he will be leaving from there on Sunday afternoon for Philly but there his hotel is not confirmed as off yet.

Check your PM for address and other details. Call me or text me when possible and we can close this today itself.

Regards,
Gaurav
Old 10th September 2010, 00:43   #21
BHPian

@mantrig : Thakns for the help dude

I'm gooing to get my KIT to india by the end of this month for sure, Now I'm wondering how to remove the fairing?! Any idea guys?
Old 10th September 2010, 01:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
@mantrig : Thakns for the help dude

I'm gooing to get my KIT to india by the end of this month for sure, Now I'm wondering how to remove the fairing?! Any idea guys?
NO!!!! NEVER EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!
The P220 is differentiated by the fairing and if you remove it, it will be a Pulsar not a P220, it will lose the only part that commands Respect.

Also wanted to ask, what is the main difference between a thin ballast and a thick one?
Old 10th September 2010, 12:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
NO!!!! NEVER EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!
The P220 is differentiated by the fairing and if you remove it, it will be a Pulsar not a P220, it will lose the only part that commands Respect.

Also wanted to ask, what is the main difference between a thin ballast and a thick one?
Lol, dude I want to remove my fairing to install hid and not to make my 220 look like a 180 or 200, If I wanted a 200 look,I would have taken the street fighter 220 na?

and coming to the differenc between slim and regualr ballast, As far as I knw, it's size,weight, and I dunno why they call it digital but reviews say that slim ballasts lasts longer that the regular ones. I chose slim ballasts because I want to hide them inside the fairing so that my dad doesn't see it, plus it's completely water proof. I have the regular ballast in my car and I guess even they are water proof. Not sure though, ask your dealer whether your ballast is water proof or not.
Old 11th September 2010, 19:59   #24
BHPian

Got my bike seviced today, First service at 950kms on the odo.

Service charge : 400rs.
Time : 3hours.
Mileage as of now : 45-47kmpl.

Most Viewed