Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 00:43   #1
BHPian

P220-2010 initial review.

I'm much of a CAR guy, But I was always interested in bikes, Parents never agreed to get a bike keeping my safety in mind but now I managed to get a bike for myself I had a straight option, the pulsar 220.

Tried for the old kzma but wasn't available across my state so settled upon p220, 86k was the onroad price. Booked and got the bike delivered within 24hours, though there was a waiting period of 10days.

It's been 2weeks and I'm already done with 760kms, Every km done on it was pure fun! It runs like a horse. Initially was worried about the tires ( Irc rubber ) but I never knew they can handle cornering like a charm. Bending the bike on turns is just great. Im lovin it!

More to followup, Untill then, Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
P220-2010 initial review.-1.jpg  

P220-2010 initial review.-2.jpg  

P220-2010 initial review.-3.jpg  

P220-2010 initial review.-4.jpg  

P220-2010 initial review.-5.jpg  

P220-2010 initial review.-6.jpg  

Old 6th September 2010, 04:33   #2
BHPian

Congratulations on a great buy, really do miss mine :(
Here is my thread you could go through and maybe find something you like - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...sar-220-m.html
Attached Thumbnails
P220-2010 initial review.-dsc00139x.jpg  

Last edited by abhayshanu : 6th September 2010 at 04:37.
Old 6th September 2010, 12:48   #3
BHPian

Congrats on your buy. A small favor- Could U post more pics of Ur bike next to the black ZMR, am contemplating on buying one of the two and can't make up my mind.

have U tried the ZMR? Could U give us a comparison review?
Old 6th September 2010, 13:37   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Here is my thread you could go through and maybe find something you like - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...sar-220-m.html
Miss your bike? I thought you still have your bike? Am I missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
Congrats on your buy. A small favor- Could U post more pics of Ur bike next to the black ZMR, am contemplating on buying one of the two and can't make up my mind.

have U tried the ZMR? Could U give us a comparison review?
Thank you. Sure I'll post pics of the both the bikes together... I'll do it once I get back home.. Zmr is low on height, both the bikes are amazing for Indian roads.. But 220 has more acceleration compared to zmr, I had a choice between the bikes but I chose 220 cause of it's intial power,potential, and the projector lamp it has

I'm getting HID for my bike next month, ordered it already, waiting for it to arrive to India..
Old 6th September 2010, 13:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Nice exhaust on your 220. Please share some details on the mod job. Any bump in performance?
Old 6th September 2010, 21:01   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Miss your bike? I thought you still have your bike? Am I missing something?
No you are not missing something, I had a stock P220 and loved it, but now, what I have can in no way be described as a Pulsar 220, thats why I said that I missed mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Nice exhaust on your 220. Please share some details on the mod job. Any bump in performance?
Just go through my thread, and you will understand how much the performance has increased.
Will be doing a dyno within this week.
Old 7th September 2010, 00:43   #7
BHPian

UPDATE : Checked my FE today and it gave me 46kmpl . I expected 30ish and I never expected more than that.
@Puffdamgcdragon : Here are a couple of pics you asked for.
Attached Thumbnails
P220-2010 initial review.-img_0050.jpg  

P220-2010 initial review.-img_0048.jpg  

P220-2010 initial review.-img_0582.jpg  

Last edited by kingofmyworld : 7th September 2010 at 00:51.
Old 7th September 2010, 08:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy brother, have a blessed time with the fastest Indian!

If you don't mind me asking, when I inquired about the 220F, the local dealer and Probiking quoted me around 78k OTR. Why so much difference in the cost among the states?

I got to test ride only the P180 and P150(Both brand new pieces from the showroom), but on both the bikes I felt huge levels of rattles and vibrations even(at sub 60-70 kph) compared to my FzS(in which, such issues are NIL). Felt the fit and finish of the product is pretty gross, even the horn sounded bad, so what's your take on the same when it comes to the 220?

Ride safe
God Bless!
Old 7th September 2010, 10:47   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Congrats on the buy brother, have a blessed time with the fastest Indian!

If you don't mind me asking, when I inquired about the 220F, the local dealer and Probiking quoted me around 78k OTR. Why so much difference in the cost among the states?

I got to test ride only the P180 and P150(Both brand new pieces from the showroom), but on both the bikes I felt huge levels of rattles and vibrations even(at sub 60-70 kph) compared to my FzS(in which, such issues are NIL). Felt the fit and finish of the product is pretty gross, even the horn sounded bad, so what's your take on the same when it comes to the 220?

Ride safe
God Bless!
Thank you, An year ago when we booked a 220 for my friend, it was 80k otr, But now its 86k OTR, Maybe there was some hike in taxes and other prices. Quality when compared to 150 and 180 is much better in 220, Specially the engine. And I must agree that FZ-S is an awesome bke when it comes to engine refinement and vibrations. Its like buter in FZ-S, 220 has vibrations but only when you are above 100-120kmph. I had FZ-S in mind as well before taking 220, But power is what I wanted and 220 was my ultimate choice under a lakh budget.

I had no issues streching my budget to get an R15 as well but ride height is low, So dropped that as well.
Old 7th September 2010, 21:41   #10
BHPian

@abhay : How much did the exhaust cost? How is the bike sounding now? Any plans of getting HID for your bike?
Old 8th September 2010, 00:19   #11
BHPian

Quote:
@abhay : How much did the exhaust cost? How is the bike sounding now? Any plans of getting HID for your bike?
It costed me around 7k and it sounds real real nice. Yes I do plan to get Xenons, collecting for it. Need 5.5k. There are cheap ones, but not interested in them. They come as cheap as 1.5k
Old 8th September 2010, 00:30   #12
BHPian

@abhay : Don't ever go for those chinese ones, They are SICK! Can't rely on them at all. Try getting it from the states, You get reputed brands for low price. for 4k you get lifetime warranty, water proof, slim ballast HID kits. My kit is in the USA now, Just waiting for some one to come down to india.
Old 8th September 2010, 00:51   #13
BHPian

Yes I know, but I dont like to import things and wait for them to arrive, will be getting original philips, H7 6000k xenon ballasts in a set of two for 5.5k
Old 8th September 2010, 00:54   #14
BHPian

Are you sure that H7 philips 6000k HID kits come for 5.5k? Slim ballast?
Old 8th September 2010, 00:56   #15
BHPian

Quote:
@abhay : Don't ever go for those chinese ones, They are SICK! Can't rely on them at all. Try getting it from the states, You get reputed brands for low price. for 4k you get lifetime warranty, water proof, slim ballast HID kits. My kit is in the USA now, Just waiting for some one to come down to india.
If you can get them shipped to Seattle, I can bring them down. Me or my colleague should be in Seattle, WA on September 14/15 for a User group conference and we should be back in Mumbai latest by September 17.

Let me know if this works with you. Then the only issue is getting them across to you from Mumbai.

For that also I have an option. My close buddy works in http://www.inventurus.com/kpo_contact.html and every week someone does fly down to their Hyderabad office but just check if the location (Rangareddy District, Pocharam - Hyderabad) on their website works with you.

Last edited by mantrig : 8th September 2010 at 01:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks