Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2010, 14:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

Ok, upto you Ashwanth. I somehow find Unicorn having a good engine & the style of RTR; wish RTR had the same butter smooth engine as Unicorn.

Just an FYI - During our last weekend ride, my friend rode an Unicorn that yielded atleast 55-60 Kmpl over speeds of 100Kmph & an average speed of more than 65 Kmph. Not sure if RTR could do the same.

Just one question - Do you still get RTR 160 carb version in the showrooms? I thought TVS is selling only the FI version of 160 & 180's. And the site also confirms the same. Could you pls check that for me?

Quote:
Just curious, why didn't you consider FZ16, Hunk and CBZ Xtreme
May be they're gas guzzlers!!!
Old 13th September 2010, 15:24   #32
BHPian

Yes, FZ16 is a gas guzzler. Also wanted to stay away from HH - Most of my friends have HH bikes. HH service is one of the best here !

160 RTR Carb is mentioned as "160 RTR Refresh" in the TVS site.I too have a doubt whether it is discontinued(But my cousin says its very much there with the option of a rear disc brake). Anyway, I will be going to BOTH Honda and TVS showrooms to have a look at Dazzler and 160 RTR respectively.
Old 13th September 2010, 21:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

RTR Refrsh is the RTR carb with the side scoops & a few minor changes, its just like Pulsar upgrades, just that Pulsar has no official name while the TVS calls is Refresh.
Old 14th September 2010, 11:32   #34
Team-BHP Support

From the horses's mouth(owners) as far as debate on IRC is.
Link--
How are the OEM IRC tyres on a new Pulsar 220? - India Travel Forum, BCMTouring

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze
Go for MRF. Not only IRC are soft compound, the handling isn;t better either which should be a case with soft compound tires. Zappers are great. Did Chansal pass on them, corner well and are great for city as well. Good overall tyre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant
you are right Prince. I have MRF as stock, but a few friends who got IRC are stock were pretty disappointed with the tyre
Old 20th September 2010, 14:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

The best bike for you will be the new Honda Unicorn. A Quality motorcycle that is comfortable, reliable, excellent handling & good fuel efficiency. Nothing can beat this bike. And it does not cost the earth to fix.
Old 20th September 2010, 14:51   #36
Senior - BHPian

the Carb RTR160REFRESH is Coming with RTR180 Bar End Weights from Few Months.May be Some Other Changes Also Borrowed from RTR180.
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:59   #37
BHPian

Hi, heres my take:

Handling: Yamaha R15 (hands down)
Comfort, Touring: any Honda (Karizma?)
All rounder: FZ 16 - hands down! the best street bike in India!!
Alternatives for FZ: RTR 160/180, Pulsar 180

My vote with 70K budget: FZ 16!
+ves: Stability, handling, high quality parts, reliability
-ves: Horrible Yamaha Service (I own an R15 for last 2 years), Spare parts availability(sometimes)

Goodluck! Ride safe!
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:36   #38
BHPian

Hi Ashwanth,

Please look into Suzuki GS150 R, i own one, its an amazing bike, i get an average of 54 kmpl with varied styles of driving, with a 6th Gear, its awesome to drive.
Old 24th September 2010, 21:36   #39
BHPian

Guys,
Looking to replace my 7 year old Fiero F2 with a bike. Considering the new Pulsar 150cc DTSi. I'm 5.6' and is it good for my height to commute around 60Km daily and how is the height factor with respect to the bike to me?

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 25th September 2010, 17:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ashwanth

Hope you have booked your bike? Please let us know which one it is.

I have seen few Dazzler on road & must say that the bike looks smarter than most bikes on road (except the headlight).

Hi Ramki

I have owned both the Fiero F2 & P150. I have observed that P150 has lower seating than the Fiero F2 (I am as tall you are). If you are comfortable with the riding posture of the Pulsar than the new P150 with 15BHP is just right for you. The best part of the Pulsar is that despite being overawed by other bikes in different parametres, it is a good overall package (read Overdrive comparison test 4 power commuters) & has aged well.

But, do consider the Dazzler, FZ/Fazer, RTR180 as well before making final decision.
Old 12th November 2012, 20:12   #41
BHPian

Re: Apache 160 FI or Bajaj pulsar 150 DTSi

Quote:
Please look into Suzuki GS150 R, i own one, its an amazing bike, i get an average of 54 kmpl with varied styles of driving, with a 6th Gear, its awesome to drive.
Logging in after a long time. Got myself a white GS150R.

Happy diwali to all.
Ashwanth

P.S. I had fun reading back this thread and how my priorities changed(couldn't buy one in 2010, instead went for an used Honda Eterno). But many thanks for the replies - Now I know whose head(s) to eat if my baby GS throws any little tantrums.

Last edited by ashwanth : 12th November 2012 at 20:21. Reason: inclusion of content
Old 12th November 2012, 22:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwanth View Post
Logging in after a long time. Got myself a white GS150R.

Happy diwali to all.
Ashwanth
Hey Nice! Put up a Ownership thread soon. I do have the same bike but its from 2010 but good purchase and to see still this beauty is being sold. I am sure you must be enjoying the pleasant smooth ride in the GS. For more details check here: (my ownership experience)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-marriage.html

happy biking!
Old 20th November 2012, 20:26   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Nice! Put up a Ownership thread soon. I do have the same bike but its from 2010 but good purchase and to see still this beauty is being sold. I am sure you must be enjoying the pleasant smooth ride in the GS. For more details check here: (my ownership experience)
Alphakilo, I read your experiences and that of Rehman(black GS) from chennai - they actually convinced me to go for GS. Will write an initial review soon.

My GS is quite noisy - more like an Apache/Pulsar compared to Unicorn - That is what concerns me now !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks