Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2010, 21:09   #76
Senior - BHPian

the 220 cc Karizma ZMR retails for 1.1 lakhs on road. i think 1.5 L is apt for this 300 cc bike.

but we still dont know the complete feature list. if its loaded with features & goodies, we never know, at that price, it might turn out to be a good deal.
Old 30th September 2010, 21:16   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
the 220 cc Karizma ZMR retails for 1.1 lakhs on road. i think 1.5 L is apt for this 300 cc bike.
But still it is a Honda. This one is an unknown quantity. Anyone remember the Comet?

I personally would wait at least a year before buying it.
Old 30th September 2010, 21:17   #78
Senior - BHPian

A 1x2 exhaust system!? Is one a cosmetic (lightweight) dummy?

Sutripta
Old 30th September 2010, 21:53   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

but we still dont know the complete feature list. if its loaded with features & goodies, we never know, at that price, it might turn out to be a good deal.

Bullet UCE is a 350 cc bike still retails from 90k to 1.2L
CC shlould not be the only consideration for deciding the price.

When Karizma was launched Hero honda had already established their hold on the motorcycle market plus with the technology back-up from Honda they could always demand a premium.

Mahindra is getting into a motorcycle market which is still a relatively new territory for them. We still dont know if this technological collaboration with some firm. They have somehow priced the 110cc bike reasonably, but I feel they have gone wrong with the 300cc pricing.
cheers!!
Old 30th September 2010, 22:18   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Two thumbs up to Mahindra for braking the 300cc barrier!

The Gandhiji goggles are an eyesore, but then again, its different than the rest!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...matt-black.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...s-pg3-mojo.jpg

I would like to see one model sans the gold finish, especially the headlamps and one matt black variant .. something like this:
Well done there my man if you did the blacking out. THAT is exactly what I would have done had I got the bike. And to be honest. The bike suddenly looks MUCH MUCH better after the black treatment..infact..I quite like it.. Damn two pages ago I hated the looks! :P
Old 30th September 2010, 22:54   #81
BHPian

After the teasers, all the wait and excitement has ended up with a disappointment. 1.75L ex-showroom for a single cylinder is too steep for me, specially when one looks at 225cc single cylinder Karizma for 1.1L OTR.

And strangely Ninja 250R with parallel twin looks attractive at 3L, when you see who it comes from and where it is manufactured.

Looking for a comfortably tourer. I guess I am back to waiting for Thunderbird Twin Spark with a 500cc plant.
Old 30th September 2010, 23:59   #82
BHPian

Just a personal view, dont mean to offend anyone. I do not like the head light assembly, nor do i like the fuel tank and the horizontal tube frame (below the fuel tank), which just does not seem nice and right when every other bike maker has found a downward angled frame to me the most efficient.

I think Mahindra tried a little too hard to differentiate themselves from the rest in the looks department. But i must say the rest of the bike, namely the engine block, front/rear suspension and brakes look world class.

P.S I dont like the price either

Last edited by amrisharm : 1st October 2010 at 00:00.
Old 1st October 2010, 09:04   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by erohit View Post
Mahindra Mojo @Rs1,75,000 (ex-showroom pune)
Ouch... bad move. I was expecting Mahindra to be quite aggressive with the pricing (which they seem to be for the Stallio). Somewhere around 1.2-1.4 Lakhs would have been the sweet spot for the Mojo.

Mojo - who picked that name, seriously? I can see the Advt now....

GF (looking concerned) - You are not yourself lately.
BF (looking pale) - I think I lost my mojo.
GF (cheerfully) - Not to worry, you can get it back at your nearest Mahindra bike showroom
<TaDaaa.... enter Mojo>
BF (back in form, riding his Mojo) - Oh baby, behave!
Tag line - now get your mojo back for just 1.75L
Old 1st October 2010, 10:00   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LIOS View Post
Ouch... bad move. I was expecting Mahindra to be quite aggressive with the pricing (which they seem to be for the Stallio). Somewhere around 1.2-1.4 Lakhs would have been the sweet spot for the Mojo.

Mojo - who picked that name, seriously? I can see the Advt now....

GF (looking concerned) - You are not yourself lately.
BF (looking pale) - I think I lost my mojo.
GF (cheerfully) - Not to worry, you can get it back at your nearest Mahindra bike showroom
<TaDaaa.... enter Mojo>
BF (back in form, riding his Mojo) - Oh baby, behave!
Tag line - now get your mojo back for just 1.75L
That is hilarious man. simple 20 sec ad
Old 1st October 2010, 11:19   #85
Senior - BHPian

Technical specification:
The Mojo features a four-stroke, fuel-injected, single-cylinder and liquid-cooled 292cc powerplant. Double overhead camshafts (DOHC) operate this engine's four valves. Peak power is a healthy 25.8bhp at 8500rpm. Max torque is 2.5kgm at 7000rpm.

I expected the 300cc bike to be high revving ! But sadly it isn't ! The bike makes peak power and torque at levels similar to the Pulsar ! It will be interesting to see the drive-ability of the bike.

Meanwhile some more pics courtesy :: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE :: and Motoroids - Cars, motorcyles, bikes, Auto news India, review, road test, news, first drive, first ride, motorsport, motor shows, car buy / sell, car prices, specifications
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra2wheeler - Bikes Launched - Details on Pg3-dsc_3063.jpg  

Mahindra2wheeler - Bikes Launched - Details on Pg3-dsc_3077.jpg  

Mahindra2wheeler - Bikes Launched - Details on Pg3-dsc_3127.jpg  

Mahindra2wheeler - Bikes Launched - Details on Pg3-dsc_3148_2.jpg  

Mahindra2wheeler - Bikes Launched - Details on Pg3-mg_1129.jpg  

Mahindra2wheeler - Bikes Launched - Details on Pg3-mg_1190.jpg  

Old 1st October 2010, 13:15   #86
Senior - BHPian

does the mojo have dual exhausts?
Old 1st October 2010, 13:24   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Here you go

Malaguti MR250 nei dettagli - 1/6

Its a copy of the MR250 to pretty much every detail except the head lamps and the rear swingarm is rectangular, not tubular as in MR250
The Mojo seems to be aimed at the RE CL500 market, having similar specs [26 bhp, tourer, etc], except that it is darned ugly compared to the CL500, which despite its other problems looks exquisite.

I cannot see that many would buy the Mojo, when the CL500 (hopefully with its teething problems taken care off) offers a more attractive and cheaper alternative.

If, on top of everything, the Mojo is a copy of a cheap Italian MC, all I can say is shame on Mahindra! At least the CL 500 was designed from scratch by RE.
Old 1st October 2010, 13:28   #88
BHPian

^^ Yes it does.

I must admit that it is looking much much better in these pictures than the ones those were poster earlier. With a single round headlamp within a small fairing (harley Sportster style) it would have been a stunner.
Old 1st October 2010, 13:40   #89
Senior - BHPian

Anyone having pics of Mojo's instrument console?
Old 1st October 2010, 13:41   #90
Senior - BHPian

It will take a lot of time for M&M to build a brand image in two wheelers. People won't be too eager to buy a bike/scooter from them, anymore than they will be to buy a jeep from TVS or Bajaj!

What is the reputation of this Malaguti, anyway? Are they any good?

Last edited by Gansan : 1st October 2010 at 13:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks