Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2012, 12:16   #61
Senior - BHPian

Avenger 180 vs Twister vs Apache 180 RTR ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Yup, I own a Twister itself.

I get 50-55 riding in Bangalore traffic. How about you?
60 plus but never city mostly village and small towns where there isnt much traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriny_blr View Post
Hi JKDas, How is your twister doing? Could you please post more details on why was the battery replaced?
I just booked for a twister and should be getting delivery Next week.
I wanted a city bike and found twister to meet my needs well, except for its looks (IMO - best suited for a college youth).
I had shortlisted SS125 and CB shine. After test riding CB shine was not impressed as the initial pickup was lacking compared to Twister and also the mileage on twister is better and weight is lighter.
SS125 dropped due to the service centres are very less and very far from my house!
Good choice. I didn't check the right reason,just know that one fine day it didn't work.

I now ride an Apache too so a bit comparison between Apache, Twister and Avenger .

Avenger :
  • throw it any type of road and it excels wrt to comfort, power.
  • I rarely stop for small potholes/broken roads, cushions all!
  • Great headlights
  • Great built quality
  • one needs to get used to the seating position
  • nice brakes
  • cant go high speeds on curves like you can on other bikes; I guess tyre (140 ) is of one cause.
Twister :

• not bad with bad roads but being light weight I dont push it like I could on Avenger
  • Cant give comfort like of Avenger in small broken roads or wrt cushioning
  • Great lights
  • Good built quality and looks
  • Brakes are ok ( no disc)
  • Very torque engine
  • Miss 5th gear
  • great mileage
  • Nice riding position
  • more sportier than Avenger wrt to handling
  • What an engine!
Apache RTR 180 ABS :

• Yet to do full run-in and so
  • Bumpier ride of the lot ( I am yet to check air pressure which I think is the cause)
  • Handling is great,very sporty
  • Very peppy
  • Torquey
  • Need 6th gear!
  • Bad headlights compared to other
  • Nice horn though
  • Nice looking of the lot ?
  • ABS!
  • Good mileage I guess ( get 50 now)
  • a.s.s. can be an issue! Will need one months advance booking
  • Great display/odo etc
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 12:43   #62
BHPian

Re: Avenger 180 vs Twister vs Apache 180 RTR ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Good choice. I didn't check the right reason,just know that one fine day it didn't work.

I now ride an Apache too so a bit comparison between Apache, Twister and Avenger .

Avenger :
  • throw it any type of road and it excels wrt to comfort, power.
  • I rarely stop for small potholes/broken roads, cushions all!
  • Great headlights
  • Great built quality
  • one needs to get used to the seating position
  • nice brakes
  • cant go high speeds on curves like you can on other bikes; I guess tyre (140 ) is of one cause.
Twister :

• not bad with bad roads but being light weight I dont push it like I could on Avenger
  • Cant give comfort like of Avenger in small broken roads or wrt cushioning
  • Great lights
  • Good built quality and looks
  • Brakes are ok ( no disc)
  • Very torque engine
  • Miss 5th gear
  • great mileage
  • Nice riding position
  • more sportier than Avenger wrt to handling
  • What an engine!

Thanks for the nice/quick comparision. I owned (now sold) the Avenger 180 in singapore for 31/2 years. I compeltely agree with you on the points of Avenger. It is very nice and good quality product. However I would like to add 2 points IMO
1. The rear brakes were useless and definitely needs improvement (ofcourse this might have been taken care in the present cc upgraded version)
2. If there is a pinion rider (especially heaver than the driver) it is difficult to handle, unlike other bikes.

Twister;
I just booked it (my 4th Bike after Samurai, Pulsar 180 Dtsi and Avenger 180)
with just reading reviews on Internet. My requirements were as below
1. Easy to ride bike with less weight for those congested parking @ blr.
2. simple 100/100+ cc bike for great mileage
3. Definitely needed a Disc brake on front wheel and self start a must
4. Reliable /resale value a bonus
Meets most of my requirement, have to compromise on Looks. I for one prefer the plane jane looks like a CB shine. I saw the Auto Expo 2012 launches and there is a model 110cc (prabably same engine as CB Twister) being launched 'Dream yuva' but the launch date is expected in May and I need a bike NOW!
sriny_blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 20:28   #63
BHPian

Hello BHPians. This is a very tempting bike to buy! My dad wants to buy me a bike so that I can commute to college. Now I don't want to be daddy's spoilt brat and even though he insists on a new one I am keen on a nearly new CB Twister or H.H. Splendor NXG and have found good deals on it too. I am only 5'4" and being a fairly new license holder just managed to pass the 2 wheeler test on an Activa by avoiding to ride a bike. I am uncomfortable on slightly larger bikes like the Glamour and Unicorn. I am not keen for a Splendor due to its bland looks. I cannot test ride either as I will learn properly only after purchase. Kindly help! Thank you.

Hi JK. It is indeed a well detailed and lucid post and am extremely keen on purchasing this. But my only concern is whether I can ride it well owing to my short height. I also have to sometimes carry a lot many things at a time being an architecture student. Due to no option of being taught bike riding in driving schools...even practicing on my Dad's Glamour is out of the question as my legs just cant reach down and its a tad too heavy. I can easily take the car. But I want to do my bit for the environment and not waste fuel. And public transport in Mumbai traffic is too time consuming. Apologies for such long posts. I am new here and still coming to terms with this wonderful site.

Mod team notes: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd April 2012 at 20:53. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 14:55   #64
Senior - BHPian

Re: A bike for 55k OTR? - Honda Twister EDIT - Done 8500 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciddharth View Post
Hi JK. It is indeed a well detailed and lucid post and am extremely keen on purchasing this. But my only concern is whether I can ride it well owing to my short height. I also have to sometimes carry a lot many things at a time being an architecture student. Due to no option of being taught bike riding in driving schools...even practicing on my Dad's Glamour is out of the question as my legs just cant reach down and its a tad too heavy. I can easily take the car. But I want to do my bit for the environment and not waste fuel. And public transport in Mumbai traffic is too time consuming. Apologies for such long posts. I am new here and still coming to terms with this wonderful site.
I am not tall too I have never had issues with the bike's height or weight. Its a very good buy @ that price and looks good too.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 00:15   #65
BHPian

Hi friends I am in need of a basic bike immediately . The following are my requirements, please suggest good options .
1)My usage will be for a year's time here in Bangalore and later I will take the bike to my native . So the most important consideration is the life of the bike . It should last at least for another 15 years without big mechanical issues. However for the next 15 years it may not even cover 1500-2000 kms . It is just for spare usage whenever we visit our native . Ultimately I need to use the bike once in 3 months and therefore there should not be any issues after a start the bike even after 3-4 months .For your information my dad's cd100ss 1993 model was fine for these many years . Just now it failed .

2)It is least probable that I may resell the bike after a year's usage in Bangalore itself instead of taking it to my native as mentioned earlier . Just in case if I plan to resell I shouldn't lose a lot of money on resale .

3)I am a heavy guy so the bike should at least look slightly big .

My short listings are .
All hero bikes looked very much out dated and ugly .I finally zeroed towards Twister and discover 100T . My budget is close to 60-62k and other options are also a welcome . Please suggest .

Last edited by rki2007 : 25th June 2013 at 00:23.
Old 28th June 2013, 16:16   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi friends I am in need of a basic bike immediately . The following are my requirements, please suggest good options .
1)My usage will be for a year's time here in Bangalore and later I will take the bike to my native . So the most important consideration is the life of the bike . It should last at least for another 15 years without big mechanical issues. However for the next 15 years it may not even cover 1500-2000 kms . It is just for spare usage whenever we visit our native . Ultimately I need to use the bike once in 3 months and therefore there should not be any issues after a start the bike even after 3-4 months .For your information my dad's cd100ss 1993 model was fine for these many years . Just now it failed .

2)It is least probable that I may resell the bike after a year's usage in Bangalore itself instead of taking it to my native as mentioned earlier . Just in case if I plan to resell I shouldn't lose a lot of money on resale .

3)I am a heavy guy so the bike should at least look slightly big .

My short listings are .
All hero bikes looked very much out dated and ugly .I finally zeroed towards Twister and discover 100T . My budget is close to 60-62k and other options are also a welcome . Please suggest .

1500-2000 Kms in 15 years? Really?

Anyway, since you said that you are heavy, I won't suggest you a 100 CC bike. Go for at least a 125CC or 150 CC bike. Since, you running is quite low, I suggest you get a bike which has a kick starter. Many bikes these days come with only a self start option, and since you running would be low, battery discharge will be imminent, hence self starter will make no sense.

If you are okay will plain looks and simple conventional styling, Honda Shine should be a good option. I guess Honda pods are among the most reliable motors around, esp for your needs.

Regards,
Saket
Old 28th June 2013, 16:29   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
1500-2000 Kms in 15 years? Really?

Anyway, since you said that you are heavy, I won't suggest you a 100 CC bike. Go for at least a 125CC or 150 CC bike. Since, you running is quite low, I suggest you get a bike which has a kick starter. Many bikes these days come with only a self start option, and since you running would be low, battery discharge will be imminent, hence self starter will make no sense.

If you are okay will plain looks and simple conventional styling, Honda Shine should be a good option. I guess Honda pods are among the most reliable motors around, esp for your needs.

Regards,
Saket
Yeah true the low reading is because we visit our native 3/4 times in a year where i just use the bike for run abouts close by etc. So hardly it would cross 2000 Kms. I think i am almost zeroed on twister over Discover 125ST because of the reliability of Hinda bikes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks