Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:33   #1
BHPian

My Bullet's Kick Starter gone loose -- help me out guys

Today, while I was kick starting my Bull 350, the kick starter rod became lose. When the bike is in neutral the rod is 'erect' . But once I start the bike it goes limp and just hangs there. What to do guys??? Help me out.
To top it all, I am out of Pune -- in Mumbai actually, near Babul Nath. Do you know any good Bull mechs in this area who can get my baby back in shape at the earliest.
Old 2nd October 2010, 02:00   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
Today, while I was kick starting my Bull 350, the kick starter rod became lose. When the bike is in neutral the rod is 'erect' . But once I start the bike it goes limp and just hangs there. What to do guys??? Help me out.
To top it all, I am out of Pune -- in Mumbai actually, near Babul Nath. Do you know any good Bull mechs in this area who can get my baby back in shape at the earliest.
Hey,

Below is the map to the place where you can get sorted. (Grant Road, Via Nana Chowk)

It's a ride not more than 2 kms from where you are. If you know where is Grant Road Station (Lamington Road) you are all sorted. Else, from Babulnath ask the way to Grant Road (Via Nana Chowk) spare parts road near Minerva Theatre.

Once there, ask any spare parts guy/ mechanic for Chotu Mechanic (I think this is the name) who works only on Bullets, Nortons and stuff. Any mechanic will help you with this guy as he is very famous.

Also, there is a spares shop called Ram Motors (Only RE parts) from whom you can pick any parts you need or may need for your bull.

I have pmed you my #, feel free to call if you need any help.

Have a great weekend Mate.
Attached Thumbnails
My Bullet's Kick Starter gone loose -- help me out guys-babulnath-minerva.jpg  

Last edited by mantrig : 2nd October 2010 at 02:16.
Old 2nd October 2010, 10:56   #3
BHPian

Does your kick comes back to its original position once you have started or does it hang down below your foot peg.......if it is the later, than your kick spring is broken, its a 15 minutes job for a good mechanic.
Old 2nd October 2010, 11:01   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhey View Post
Does your kick comes back to its original position once you have started or does it hang down below your foot peg.......if it is the later, than your kick spring is broken, its a 15 minutes job for a good mechanic.
+1.

And use a wire/ rope/ shoelace to hold the kick starter in place when riding.
Old 2nd October 2010, 17:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

Installing the kick spring is quite a nasty job though. Much like changing the tire off a rim. A task best suited for an experienced mechanic.
Old 2nd October 2010, 21:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

Spring is broken if u can handel the tools i am sure one can change it by themselves but getting it done from a mech is a good way to in cause you will learn about the rest factors to take care
Old 3rd October 2010, 01:19   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, it hangs below the footpeg and like BBlost said I am using a rope to make it stay in place.
Mantrig, I went to Ram motors. And got a kicker spring. I had to change my bent pipe also so bought that too. Even the fellow at Ram motors said that Chotu is the best and gave me his number. Will take my baby to him tomorrow.

Now, there is a Sardarji's shop before Ram Motors. He is selling Std 350's disk brake kit for 6800. How can I identify original one???

Last edited by Leepower : 3rd October 2010 at 01:24.
Old 3rd October 2010, 09:19   #8
BHPian

Lee,
Why bend pipe too?
BTW what is the cost?
Old 3rd October 2010, 15:47   #9
BHPian

My bent pipe was dented. Got it also for around 1k.
Now, just came back from Chotu Bhai's garage. The man is good, really good.
I would say that he is a Bull doctor. He gave a thorough check up to my bike after fixing the kicker spring. Then he advanced the timing so that the engine doesn't heat up quickly. He then tuned the carb, changed the bent pipe. All for 100 bucks!!!
I have seen mechs who charge a bomb for just touching the Bull.
Anyway my Bull is back to its thumping ways again.
But the question remains how do you identify authentic RE disk brake kit????
Old 3rd October 2010, 18:47   #10
BHPian

Quote:
My bent pipe was dented. Got it also for around 1k.
But the question remains how do you identify authentic RE disk brake kit????
Quality Speaks for itself Leepower. The moment you have the authentic kit in your hands, it will speak for itself. If not, go to the a local RE dealership, take a closer look at the components of a new Disk brake kit installed on the machines, you may also check with the dealership availability and price of a kit there. Come back to the other dealer, match the quality and price. Buy from the one that you are more convinced with.

A word of caution, when browsing in RE showroom, don't end up booking a Classsic 500 hund. It would be hard to resist, but don't become slave to your desires......

Last edited by bradhey : 3rd October 2010 at 18:49.
Old 4th October 2010, 17:00   #11
BHPian

Sorry, was out of town during major part of the weekend so could not reply back.

I am glad you were able to get things sorted at that place. That guy is good.

Don't know if you are still in Mumbai, but at any hour there is anything I can help you with or stuck anywhere just feel free to ring my cell.

Enjoy your stay and have a safe trip back home.
Old 5th October 2010, 01:25   #12
BHPian

Quote:
A word of caution, when browsing in RE showroom, don't end up booking a Classsic 500 hund. It would be hard to resist, but don't become slave to your desires......

Dude, I did that in Sept first week. But seeing the full specs I decided that a trip to Brazil was much better than a Classic 500. So I canceled the booking and got a ticket to Sao Paulo. Going there in December-end!!!
Areee, Mantrig, you were super helpful. Thank you!!!

How much does a Std 350 disk brake kit cost?

Last edited by Leepower : 5th October 2010 at 01:28.
Old 5th October 2010, 18:09   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Dude, I did that in Sept first week. But seeing the full specs I decided that a trip to Brazil was much better than a Classic 500. So I canceled the booking and got a ticket to Sao Paulo. Going there in December-end!!!
Areee, Mantrig, you were super helpful. Thank you!!!

How much does a Std 350 disk brake kit cost?
Brazilllll!!!!!! Wow, sounds super-cool.

I'm glad the information was helpful.

The Std disk brake kit with installation will cost you anywhere between 7-8k in an authorised service centre.

Why dont you call the below #s and check for an estimate :-

Spark Motion
16, Municipal Industrial Estate
Bapty Road, Grant Road (EAST)
Mumbai 400 008
Maharashtra

Phone: +91 - 22 - 23077173
Mobile: +91 - 9594033666 / 9619811021
Contact Person: Mr. Harsh Seth / Mr. Mustafa Rasool
Old 6th October 2010, 01:50   #14
BHPian

Mantrig, I rang them up. They are saying around 7500 bucks, which is similar to Pune rates. So I think I will do it in Pune only.
Was walking around Grant road and got to see a Vardenchi chopper in the flesh. Man it looks super cool. Guys any idea about how much it cost? I have heard that Jackie Shroff bought a 350 cc one for 3 lakhs!!!
Old 6th October 2010, 20:14   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Mantrig, I rang them up. They are saying around 7500 bucks, which is similar to Pune rates. So I think I will do it in Pune only.
Was walking around Grant road and got to see a Vardenchi chopper in the flesh. Man it looks super cool. Guys any idea about how much it cost? I have heard that Jackie Shroff bought a 350 cc one for 3 lakhs!!!
You should visit the Landmark Store in Phoenix Mills Compound (Lower Parel) to see the Vardenchi Choppoer showcased in the store.

Also, I was planning to ride down to Goa on Friday morning, which route do you suggest I should take considering I am riding alone.

Last edited by mantrig : 6th October 2010 at 20:33.

Most Viewed