Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2010, 16:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Headlight Upgrade for Avenger 180cc

Guys,

My Avenger 180cc 4 years Old is running on stock setup (bulb and Reflector).

Now my reflector is corroded. I am due for a change. Can some one sujjest me a Good beam (Glass + reflector) to go into my bike also need suggestion on which bulbs to go for to have better output. I got many from the internet, not sure which one is the best of the lot (cost and efficieny wise)

Philips crystal vision bulbs
Philips Vision Plus H4 Bulb (also referred to as +50 bulb)
Philips 55/60 Xtreme Power H4
Osram Nightbreaker
Philips Xtreme 60/55W

Is there any other one good product available. I dont want to fiddle with the bikes wiring and therefore looking for one 2 one replacemet.

Another line of thought is Making the Light DC as opposed to current operation on AC. What is all required to be done for that.

I know that the Eliminator and the Current 220 Avenger both have DC Headlight, can I swap the rectifier off them?

Also what wiring change is required to run on a DC setup and since will be using the same wattage thicker wire will not be required. I think some were near the battery there will be a point / connector where I will be able to switch over from Ac to DC.

Mods: Please merge if there is an existing thread to it.
Old 13th October 2010, 16:56   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Avenger has got one of the best head lamps around.If the new avengers reflector fits your 180 avy then go for it.Otherwise stick to the stock reflector.

For bulbs i suggest you go for philips Xtreme power 55/60 watts.Its very good.

You can change the bike to DC by fiddling with the stator plate poles.I suggest you stay away from it since it wont make much of a difference.
Old 13th October 2010, 18:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Avenger has got one of the best head lamps around.If the new avengers reflector fits your 180 avy then go for it.Otherwise stick to the stock reflector.

For bulbs i suggest you go for philips Xtreme power 55/60 watts.Its very good.

You can change the bike to DC by fiddling with the stator plate poles.I suggest you stay away from it since it wont make much of a difference.
Thanks for the reply, is there a difference between the old and the new one?. The size is the same so it should fit.

Also how to adjust the headlight beam, from the two screws given on the cover.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks