Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2010, 01:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations drdeepudev on getting the Wego

Must say it looks very good in white. Keep us posted on your ownership experience.
Old 3rd November 2010, 13:47   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram View Post
Yday I requested a testdrive in Wego website. And just now received a call from Bangalore TVS office. He said except Tamilnadu ,Wego was launched all over India. The caller confirmed that, by end of this month the model will be available across all outlets in Tamilnadu. He also marked my test drive request to a TVS dealer in Adyar. Let's see how it goes.
I too got got a call 2 months back from the same Blore call centre.
They said it will be launched by Diwali and referred me to the same adyar dealer.

Yesterday spoke with the same dealer and he now says, it will be launched in Jan 2011.
It's been 11 months since the scooter was launched..don't know what's stopping TVS from launching it here in TN.

Last edited by Daewood : 3rd November 2010 at 13:51.
Old 3rd November 2010, 21:51   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram View Post
He said except Tamilnadu ,Wego was launched all over India. The caller confirmed that, by end of this month the model will be available across all outlets in Tamilnadu. He also marked my test drive request to a TVS dealer in Adyar. Let's see how it goes.
Any ideas why TVS is postponing its launch in Tamil Nadu? I believe, TVS has a great market share among two wheelers in Tamil nadu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
congrats on the wego, awesome pics!! we got the black one recently, white's definitely the hottest looking color on this bike but it was ruled out because wifey did'nt want 2 whitey's @ home, i drive a bossa nova white punto!!

+ves - Amazing Handling & Balance, Seat Positioning (the pillion seat is just perfectly positioned, unlike the wider pillion seat dimensions on activa, rest of the competition), external fuel fill, alloy wheels.

-ves - a full size helmet will not fit into the storage box under the seat, my only issue, a helmet lock will solve that problem though!!

THE perfect scooterette in the market today - take a test ride, you will know why!!
Even my wife said no to white at first. But once we saw it, it was just great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Congratulations drdeepudev on getting the Wego

Must say it looks very good in white. Keep us posted on your ownership experience.
Thank you technocrat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
I too got got a call 2 months back from the same Blore call centre.
They said it will be launched by Diwali and referred me to the same adyar dealer.

Yesterday spoke with the same dealer and he now says, it will be launched in Jan 2011.
It's been 11 months since the scooter was launched..don't know what's stopping TVS from launching it here in TN.
Whats happening with TVS?
Old 8th November 2010, 16:07   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post

-ves - a full size helmet will not fit into the storage box under the seat, my only issue, a helmet lock will solve that problem though!!

THE perfect scooterette in the market today - take a test ride, you will know why!!
Oh! I thought the helmet would fit because the thread starters pics show it!!
Old 11th November 2010, 14:00   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Oh! I thought the helmet would fit because the thread starters pics show it!!
My full face helmet fits in wego. It is a Bravo model from Studds. My helmet is one of the biggest i have come across among all the people i know, still fits fine in wego.

I however have one strange problem. There are a lot ants chewing up the foam under my wego's seat. when ever i open the seat compartment, i am seeing tiny white dust like stuff..and also bunch of ants.

anyone faced a similar problem..? suggestions are welcome.
Old 12th November 2010, 01:13   #36
Senior - BHPian

I am sure with the Wego coming to market Activa's unreasonable waiting period and dealer pains will be gone, the day is not far when Honda would be ready to give spot delivery but less people to buy because till now there was less option compared to Activa. I guess Wego should be better compared to Activa as I personally use Activa and hate the suspension and breaking to the core, a drive of 60 kms (to and fro) will give me a back pain for couple of days, and breaking is horrifying, I am regretting for the buy now.

I also experienced the same careless attitude when I wanted to change our Activa to the Aviator for its telescopic suspension but the dealers (HONDA) I guess its their practice to be reluctant they didn't even look at me standing at the reception looking for a new scooter, I am happy for me for others for having a new breed of scooter in the market, I will check it out soon (WEGO) I liked the shape and the tyre size.
Old 14th January 2011, 13:44   #37
BHPian

Re: Honda Activa vs TVS Wego. We went with the Wego.

have the Wego prices been jacked up as well. Dealer here quotes 52k change and 2k premium in case I need a delivery rightaway
Old 14th January 2011, 14:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.mishra View Post
have the Wego prices been jacked up as well. Dealer here quotes 52k change and 2k premium in case I need a delivery rightaway
My friend who bought it in Nov end (or early Dec 2010) paid 56k on road with accessories and regn etc. Dio was priced 42k when I bought it in 2009. The same in 2010 mid was costing 53k on road. So i think the prices have all gone up after some tax or the other which was increased.
Old 14th January 2011, 15:32   #39
BHPian

Hi Vidyasagar, What's the average you are getting from Wego in City?

I have booked an Activa for my father but booking time is 5 months in central part of india (also only dealer for 2 cities). So thinking to have a look on Wego.
Old 14th January 2011, 15:34   #40
Senior - BHPian

I think Wego is slowly losing the edge due to higher pricing. In fact they should have benefitted with customers moving from Access and Activa. But the pricing could prove to be thorn.
Old 14th January 2011, 16:11   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I think Wego is slowly losing the edge due to higher pricing. In fact they should have benefitted with customers moving from Access and Activa. But the pricing could prove to be thorn.
That's one way to look at it. The other would be that all the gearless scoots are priced in a similar range barring the Mahindra scoots. So they should still be able to glean a few customers away from Activa and Access due to the huge waiting periods. Unless of course the wait period for the Wego has suddenly increased!!

PS: The price of Dio as i quote in the post below in Mid 2010 was 53k on road with accessories. Wego at 56k does not look too bad for the things on offer on the wego. Access IIRC is around 59k on road in B'lore.
Old 14th January 2011, 18:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
I also experienced the same careless attitude when I wanted to change our Activa to the Aviator for its telescopic suspension but the dealers (HONDA) I guess its their practice to be reluctant they didn't even look at me standing at the reception looking.
Why go to the dealer? Your activa should command a strong resale value. Book an aviator, once you get it in 4 mos, sell the activa by yourself.
Old 19th February 2011, 20:49   #43
BHPian

I booked a White TVS wego today for my wife after going through the review on this thread.. Will post the pictures on this coming Monday. The vehicle was readily available & within 20 minutes my engine/chassy no was made available to me.

OTR(excise duty, vat, rto, insurance, accesories) = 54,444/- in chennai.
Old 19th February 2011, 21:51   #44
BHPian

Thinking of TR-ing just for fun. It's been agesn since I've tried a Honda and a Dio. The problem with TVS is, though they have excellent pre-sales and sales follow up, when it comes to servicing, they suck, at least when it comes to bikes. Not sure about scooteretts. Please do post your feedback when you are done with your first service.
Old 20th February 2011, 22:52   #45
BHPian

Hi all, our wego has crossed 3000km and two services. I am not able to post a long reply as i am posting this from my mobile. More of service details, cost involved and 3k report will be posted tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks