Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2010, 13:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

The only thing that bothers me is the price you are paying for it ? Has it appreciataed so much ? I agree with Rahul and some others above here that it is one of the most trouble free absolutely lovely to ride bikes. At worst, you should have a few clutch and brake cables in stock.
Old 2nd August 2012, 12:03   #17

Newbie rider with Yezdi Roadking. Help needed in becoming a daily commuter.

So heres the thing, i got my 1st bike! its a yezdi roadking 1994 model. so why yezdi? few reasons really, i wanted relaxed riding experience and its build is much more to my comfort. secondly, low budget scenes.

The problems i am primarily having is being able to start the bike at will. I plan to use this bike a lot, from mulund to bandra (22kms) because i have to reach college early at 7.30am.

I recently replaced the coil. now even experienced riders had a difficult time, including pushing and stuff to get the bike started before the coil replacement. However, its still way tougher than a bullet's kickstart and again difficult to start at will (or maybe i am missing a trick). i dont have much bike experience, no license, very new but i damn well love this machine and want to make it usable for a daily purpose. my question regarding this is:

is there anything you can do to make the kickstart easier, i know es doesnt work out, but maybe something like a new sparkplug or something to make sure u dont have to go bonkers in traffic to start it in case it stops.

and also, if any of you yezdians out there live around mulund-thane, can you please, mighty mighty please spare a few hours of your time and teach me to care for this machine and to handle it without doing damage (today i tried kicking it but it gave a PHAAAT type of a sound, a bad smell, maybe i accidentally did it in gear or something. hurt my heartbeat) send me a pm, ill give you my no. n add.
Old 17th August 2012, 14:11   #18
BHPian

Re: Buying a Yezdi Roadking- Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post
Actually that is completely untrue. ONCE you have a Roadking in perfect running condition, it keeps on going. It is the lowest maintenance bike around (save for your new Hondas and Yamahas) as long as you have the time to get to know it and understand it. Fixing it is dirt cheap too.
You got that right.

I've been doing ~ 200km/week on my Yezdi RK 94 since 4 years and I have no regrets. I have it worked on by the mechanic every 6 months and that's about it. Honda Activa is my 2nd favourite .
Old 17th August 2012, 17:10   #19
BHPian

Re: Newbie rider with Yezdi Roadking. Help needed in becoming a daily commuter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineshway View Post
The problems i am primarily having is being able to start the bike at will.
I faced the same problem when I got my Roadking. I think it come to you in time. There is a trick in the way one should kick. If you observe that and over period of time you can master it. Once the engine is warmed up it should be very easy to start it. If you are facing a problem even when the engine is warm, suggest you get it checked.

Quote:
i dont have much bike experience, no license,
Now, this is wrong. Suggest you to get your license before riding on public roads.
Old 26th April 2013, 01:01   #20
BANNED

Re: Newbie rider with Yezdi Roadking. Help needed in becoming a daily commuter.

Quote:
So heres the thing, i got my 1st bike! its a yezdi roadking 1994 model. so why yezdi? few reasons really, i wanted relaxed riding experience and its build is much more to my comfort. secondly, low budget scenes.

The problems i am primarily having is being able to start the bike at will. I plan to use this bike a lot, from mulund to bandra (22kms) because i have to reach college early at 7.30am.

I recently replaced the coil. now even experienced riders had a difficult time, including pushing and stuff to get the bike started before the coil replacement. However, its still way tougher than a bullet's kickstart and again difficult to start at will (or maybe i am missing a trick). i dont have much bike experience, no license, very new but i damn well love this machine and want to make it usable for a daily purpose. my question regarding this is:

is there anything you can do to make the kickstart easier, i know es doesnt work out, but maybe something like a new sparkplug or something to make sure u dont have to go bonkers in traffic to start it in case it stops.

and also, if any of you yezdians out there live around mulund-thane, can you please, mighty mighty please spare a few hours of your time and teach me to care for this machine and to handle it without doing damage (today i tried kicking it but it gave a PHAAAT type of a sound, a bad smell, maybe i accidentally did it in gear or something. hurt my heartbeat) send me a pm, ill give you my no. n add.

Hi Vineshway,

I know this is a li'l late response, but if you are looking for assistance on your bike and fixing it, please reach me at 09833648095

Godspeed!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks