Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2010, 17:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hero Honda relaunches achiever

Old wine in new bottle?

Hero Honda relaunches achiever-untitled1.jpg

Hero Honda's long forgotten blink and you miss me bike, the ambition derived 150 cc achiever has been silently relaunched as an all NEW achiever with CBZ extreme motor, new graphics and a tuffup tube.

Site: Achiever

Last edited by sidindica : 26th October 2010 at 17:33.
Old 26th October 2010, 17:35   #2
BHPian

Whats the NEW in this all NEW Achiever? Also the price screen is not working on this site. For Bangalore, it is displaying 85K which is way too much for a 150cc
Old 26th October 2010, 17:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Read this news somewhere earlier in the day ! Was going to create the thread , but then thought , does this sticker job really needs a thread ?
I hardly see any achiever these days and this sticker job wont help either !

Grow up HERO , there are going to be tough days ahead without HONDA , specially when Bajaj is in full swing !
Old 26th October 2010, 18:28   #4

85K for an achiever , Hero would be digging their own grave if they sell this piece of crap at that price.
Old 26th October 2010, 18:58   #5
BHPian

Another sticker job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Whats the NEW in this all NEW Achiever? Also the price screen is not working on this site. For Bangalore, it is displaying 85K which is way too much for a 150cc
I think HH has deployed test version of price data.
Correct price is close to 60K.

I'm actually not clear with positioning of this bike in 150CC segment. Certainly this bike is not competing for premium 150CC segment. Bajaj has discover in 150 commuter segment with price tag of 46K!
Old 27th October 2010, 00:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

Is this what the new ad from HH was all about? The one with old buddies and stuff...
Old 27th October 2010, 01:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

@Sid - Are you sure about the CBZ Xtreme motor?

The Achiever specs on the site are slightly lower than those of Hunk & Xtreme.

I think you got confused because of the ATFT sticker, this tech is present in both Hunk & Xtreme.

I am sure the price is a misprint as this was one dud bike & unless they price this substantially lower than Hunk & Xtreme I am not sure who would buy it.
Old 27th October 2010, 09:39   #8
BHPian

@ Jaguar
No, its much more bad than what you guessed - its about the Splendor NXG! The ad had a nice build up though, really.

But, HH has given almost their entire line-up a brush job off late - CD Dawn, CD Deluxe, Splendor (Pro), Super Splendor, Passion Pro (with the ugliest looking new tail lamp), Achiever, Hunk.

The Achiever has to be pitted against the 125s price wise for its sales to improve any further.

Of these only the Hunk's changes seem worthy - Rear Discs, Tubeless Tyres, Digital Clocks. IMHO, if the Hunk were launched as the new CBZ in place of the xTreme, it'd have done much better.

Now, we'll have to wait and see what bashing will the good ol' ZMA receives.
Old 27th October 2010, 10:45   #9
Team-BHP Support

The engine of Achiever/CBZ X-treme/Hunk/Unicorn/Dazzler are same with minor tweaks and differences.

And there is nothing new in it and going by HH standards, its another s(t)Icker upgrade. Pathetic!!
Old 27th October 2010, 11:46   #10
BHPian

I think when it comes to HH, R&D means letting loose play school kids on the bikes armed with paints and brushes. Once they are done, they release the bike as an upgrade and add plus/ star/ extreme/ pro etc at the end of the name of the bike .

Sad thing is that people still buy these overpriced bikes because it is a Hero Honda.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks