Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2010, 22:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Great looking bike. If it does make it to India, I
I think it will. This is an ASEAN bike (unlike the Kawasaki or Hyosung 250s which are meant for first world learners), in which India (our emission regime) has also been factored in. Don't think Honda would have done it if they had no plans for India.

Waiting for Yamaha's reply.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 27th October 2010, 22:53   #32
SMK
BHPian

Wooah!! Exactly what i was looking for.. I have a Pulsar 180 bought in July 2010. Anyone interested? He He He..

Let the fight for market share in the 250cc category bikes begin!
Old 27th October 2010, 22:57   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Hey Gthang, its a Paioli which is a pretty renowned brand so I would expect them to have contemporary cartritge type valving in addition to the USD feature. The rear however is non-linkage type. I guess we wait and see.
I am aware of Paioli, have them on my Fury . I was not aware, however, that the Mojo had them. Just went and reviewed the Mojo thread again. Still, regardless of pedigree, looks like a poor design from pictures. Like you said will have to wait and watch.

Might seem OT discussing the Mojo on this thread, but considering the CBR has just become a direct rival to it pricewise (estimated), seems appropriate.

I personally think that the CBR is a good bike, and is well thought out and well engineered. It seems like Honda's plan at a global bike for the premium (India and SE Asia)/low-end segment (elsewhere in the world) market. Not just India specific, so some features might seem lacking/unnecessary, but it will be guaranteed to be trouble free and last.

Looking forward to seeing them on the roads soon.
Old 27th October 2010, 23:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post
Let the fight for market share in the 250cc category bikes begin!
The 'flagship' 250 is for mindspace, not marketshare. But will lead to marketshare for 150s! My opinion only.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 27th October 2010, 23:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

So will this one compete with the Ninja 250R? If it is made in India, then the price should be lower surely. I am itching a 250cc, but 3L in Mumbai is a dampener.
Old 27th October 2010, 23:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

Ninja killer or not. Boy, if it looks like that and with a 250 cc under my *** with a price tag so yummy, I'm in. Unless something dastardly comes from the Yam stable i.e.
Old 27th October 2010, 23:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

Like others said, 8500 is very low rpm for such an oversquare, DOHC 4v LC engine. IIRC even the A160 revs more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
it looks like a baby VFR1200, so why not call it a VFR250? why is it being given the iconic CBR prefix?
In addition to what Techno said, Honda also have a VTR250 which is a V-T win 250 quite popular in Japan. This however is a lower cost bike for developing markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Pro-Link Monoshock rear suspension.
bhai mere...I was refering to the Mojo.

Last edited by Mpower : 27th October 2010 at 23:50.
Old 28th October 2010, 00:01   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
From what I can see it is a twin spar and not a diamond.
Quote:
Chassis

Rigid yet lightweight chassis

The engine is mounted in a steel diamond twin-spar frame. This frame configuration is lightweight, contributing to the bike's low kerb weight. It is also immensely strong, providing a rigid platform on which to mount the front and rear suspension systems. This rigidity is key to stability and swift handling, and on the new CBR250R the frame's rigidity balance has been carefully optimised for sporty dynamics and superb stability at speed. The rider and passenger seats are supported on a strong secondary frame capable of carrying a substantial load.
It might be a mix of both, maybe tilting more towards the diamond frame.

There were reports suggesting a complete twin-spar (like the R15 and CBR-150R)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
The front reminds me of our good ZMR (FI). Yes, its quite disappointing to see a single cylinder & 250cc. Still Kwacker 250 is the best bet.
What if the rumored price of 1.5L actually makes it? Wouldn't extra 1.25L be too much for an extra cylinder? And yes, their torque figures are identical.

Quote:
But like you say, Adi, its best VFM product for everyday commuting, provided the price is around 1.5L. But with Honda, I highly doubt on this pricing. IMO, it should be priced somewhere around 2-2.5L. These manufacturers enjoy seeing us getting confused; as R15 is available for 1L & Ninja is for 3L then there should be something in between. Hopefully this should be priced between Mojo & Kwacker 250R.
It should be? We would be doing good, if we aren't jumping the gun.

The price of 1.5L is a guesstimate by many, and hope its true.
Old 28th October 2010, 02:16   #39
BHPian

What a bike? There were a lot of rumors on the web for a while. Honda has done a great job and more over they are going to get this to India. Finally there is going to be some serious contender for the Ninja. This bike if priced under 2 Lakh will definitely heat up the segment. Extremely well designed and clean lines. And if it does not breach the 2 Lakh barrier 6 months is right enough for me to start saving for this baby.

Old 28th October 2010, 09:31   #40
BANNED

Woah, a nice one by Honda at last for the Indian markets thirst for 250 and beyond. I was doting on the Ninja but the price kept my dreams unfulfilled but now may be it's time to ride the dream.
Hope they bring it out soon and again the price is unknown but somehow I have good feelings about this one
Old 28th October 2010, 10:38   #41
BHPian

I am quite interested in this, but not as a ninja replacement, there is no replacement here, its a compition to the P220, ZMR, ZMA, R15, but this is better.
Old 28th October 2010, 10:59   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post

2. lack of taxation as opposed to the Ninja which is imported as a Complete Built Unit (attracting greater taxation)
Ninja is a CKD and attracts much less duties than a a CBU. It is assembled in India.
Old 28th October 2010, 11:00   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
but not as a ninja replacement, there is no replacement here, its a compition to the P220, ZMR, ZMA, R15, but this is better.
Its neither a competition to the Ninja 250R nor to any Indian Motorcycles out at the present given its statistics and pricing guesstimate.

Mojo is its true competitor, if ever it sees the light of the day. (Last checked, Mahindra's web-site had removed the pics & stats for Mojo)
Old 28th October 2010, 11:04   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Its neither a competition to the Ninja 250R nor to any Indian Motorcycles out at the present given its statistics and pricing guesstimate.

Mojo is its true competitor, if ever it sees the light of the day. (Last checked, Mahindra's web-site had removed the pics & stats for Mojo)
True! This one lies in between P220/R15 and Ninja, both on specs side as well as price. What is "rumoured" top speed of this bike? I guess, R15 tops out at 135(?) and Ninja around 160(?).

I didn't see anything related to Mojo on Mahindra website, when I checked last night.

P.S.: It seems weird that we are talking of a VFM offering from Honda, which this would be, if indeed launched at anything less than 1.75L.
Old 28th October 2010, 11:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Only B.A.L or may be T.V.S can only give VFM products. Can't expect any VFM products from Honda. Right from Unicorn, Activa to Jazz & City, they're priced slightly above the market. So, if CB 250R costs even above 2L, I wouldn't be surprised on that. So the premium () range would start from R15 followed by ZMR, C5, Mojo, CB250R & Kwacker 250.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks