Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2010, 15:11   #1
BANNED

Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!

Honda 250cc bike for India has been confirmed as the new 2011 CBR250R. The bike is being unveiled today at an event in Thailand Golf course circuit.

The only disappointment as far as I am concerned is the engine which is a 250cc single cylinder. I would have loved a twin just like the 250 Ninja. The price is speculated to be around the Rs 1.5 Lakh mark.

Source: Honda 250cc Bike For India 2011 CBR250R April 2011 Launch - Specs | Autoholiks

and

2011 Honda CBR250R Unveiled! Coming to India in November 2010!
Old 27th October 2010, 15:23   #2

Honda unveiled the new 250K in Thailand

So nice.

Kamal.
Old 27th October 2010, 15:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Looks very good and if priced at 1.5 lacs, should be a really good seller and Ninja Killer.

By the way going OT the Mojo bike by Mahindra seems to have dissappeared.

Hopefully this Honda bike goes ahead and launches.
Old 27th October 2010, 15:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Looks very good. I hope the news is true.

If priced right, this will be a hit for sure as the segment does not have a good bike. This will take a huge pie out of Ninja.
Old 27th October 2010, 15:45   #5
BHPian

Looks awesome!!
Yamaha and HH look out.
The report says that Honda are looking to price it at "under 1.5L" now thats what I call spot-on pricing for a single cylinder from the Honda stable.
Good find
cheers!!
Old 27th October 2010, 16:04   #6
BHPian

If its the 250 RR they are going to launch in India. Hurray to HONDA, Finally they are realizing what Indians need.
Its a great bike but for the single cylinder. A twin is any day powerful and better performing than a single cylinder, i suppose when it comes to fuel consumption.
Correct me if wrong.
So is the launch happening as we speak?
It was supposed to be today right.
So when can we expect the official launch in India.
They are planning to get it to that price only after they get major parts made in India. That sounds like a long way from now.

Last edited by Mpower : 27th October 2010 at 18:09. Reason: wrong bike in picture
Old 27th October 2010, 16:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Looks very good and if priced at 1.5 lacs, should be a really good seller and Ninja Killer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
If priced right, this will be a hit for sure as the segment does not have a good bike. This will take a huge pie out of Ninja.
Me thinks it'll kill all the other bikes such as the R15, ZMR/ZMA, P220 and in that order. Ninja killer? Not actually, since its only a single cylinder, redlines at 10500 RPM. The ninja is a twin, revv's till 13000 rpm (revv's even further into the red zone and i have been wondering if there is a revvlimiter. Crossed the 14000 rpm mark a couple of times. ). It is a known fact that the best 250cc bike in the world is the Ninja 250R.

But yes, the ninja sales will take a hit if the pricing is close to what is being speculated right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
So is the launch happening as we speak? So when can we expect the official launch in India. They are planning to get it to that price only after they get major parts made in India. That sounds like a long way from now.
AFAIK, the CBR250 will be launched in April 2011 onwards. Price is speculated to be around 1.5 Lacs and localization of parts should help in achieving this.

Overall a very good move by Honda. Nice to see the performance biking market opening up at a much more affordable level.

Last edited by n_aditya : 27th October 2010 at 16:15.
Old 27th October 2010, 16:30   #8
BHPian

The official word - Honda Worldwide | October 27, 2010 "Honda to Produce New Road Sports Model CBR250R in Asia"
Old 27th October 2010, 16:31   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Me thinks it'll kill all the other bikes such as the R15, ZMR/ZMA, P220 and in that order. Ninja killer? Not actually, since its only a single cylinder, redlines at 10500 RPM. The ninja is a twin, revv's till 13000 rpm (revv's even further into the red zone and i have been wondering if there is a revvlimiter. Crossed the 14000 rpm mark a couple of times. ). It is a known fact that the best 250cc bike in the world is the Ninja 250R.
You sure aren't making my life easy Aditya, are you?

My only gripe with the 250R is its frame, I wish it was a twin-spar.(I am yet to ride, but a twin spar chassis WILL be a better handler compared to diamond-frame 250R sports)

The CBR 150R will have a twin-spar. Lets see how the market responds and what developments happen in the days to come by, as Hyosung is also expected to come in.

Link-- Garware Motors - Hyosung GT650R FI and Hyosung ST7 FI for India: All you need to know
Old 27th October 2010, 16:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

April 2011 . Hmmm , thats a few months away , should have been early . 250 CC and around 30 bhp should be nice package . Its even got even C-ABS (optional) .

Ninja is good bike ,except the price part .Bajaj went all greedy with the bike .There were no other bikes in that segment ,hence ninja sold a few . Now the 250 range is open, the honda will take the cake .Ninja owners beware !

Single cylinder ,less parts ,less headache, if I can get 30 bhp from single cylinder why have twin .More parts more headache. Even if it even revs till 10 K thats fine , more power at lesser RPM ,good .
I dont get why do you need to rev till 14K RPM ? .Is it any good ?

@ Sheel is this good enuff ? , please certify ,your certification is a must for success of the bike .

Last edited by black12rr : 27th October 2010 at 16:44.
Old 27th October 2010, 16:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

M&M's Mojo is looking really dull now!
If they manage to price this at 1.5L this is a sure win win for Honda
Old 27th October 2010, 16:39   #12
Team-BHP Support

This may be slightly OT.

There are four different kinds of customers.

Customer 1: Will pick up the CBR 250R for the purpose of showing-off.

Customer 2: Will pick up the CBR 250R because he cannot afford a Ninja 250R. (might overlap with the above statement as well)

Customer 3: Will walk past the CBR 250R and buy a Ninja because he 'knows' the difference between 2-pot and single-pot motors.

Customer 4: Will walk past both the CBR and the Ninja and aim to pick-up a pre-worshiped CBR-600/R6 without papers and squat experience with SBKs.

Needless to say, Customer 1, 2 and 4 will be seen straddling their crotch-rockets wearing floaters and balancing their helmets on the top of their heads.

On topic: It will be interesting to see how this fares against the R15, the ZMR and the Pulsar 220. It looks very promising! Honda India is probably playing darts with the pictures of these bikes as we speak.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th October 2010 at 16:45.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2010, 16:44   #13
BHPian

The whole lowdown on the bike with tech specs, pics, engine diagrams and blah blah blah for all those who are interested

Honda Worldwide | CBR250R
Old 27th October 2010, 16:46   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
You sure aren't making my life easy Aditya, are you?
I'll make it easy. Get the CBR250 for daily rides and an occassional highway blast. Buy the Ninja 250 for touring and track use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Its even got even C-ABS (optional). Ninja is good bike ,except the price part. Bajaj went all greedy with the bike. There were no other bikes in that segment ,hence ninja sold a few . Now the 250 range is open, the honda will take the cake.
C-ABS is one of the best things on this bike. Wish the ninja also had something like this. And of course, Honda's 250 WILL eat into the ninja's pie only if the price is within the speculated figure (and i am guessing they will price it well to capture the market).

Quote:
if I can get 30 bhp from single cylinder why have twin. More parts more headache.
A single cylinder engine will feel strained at higher rpm's. Take a test ride of the Ninja 250 and the ZMR and you'll know what i am talking about. (Its not a real comparison but then a bit of an idea why a twin is better than a single).

Quote:
I dont get why do you need to rev till 14K RPM ? .Is it any good ?
Wasn't intentional. I had just completed the run-in then and was blasting away, the engine sounds at high rpm's (precisely at the red zone) hadn't sunk in to my ears. Only realized what i was doing when i saw the console.

Last edited by n_aditya : 27th October 2010 at 16:48.
Old 27th October 2010, 16:51   #15
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
My only gripe with the 250R is its frame, I wish it was a twin-spar.(I am yet to ride, but a twin spar chassis WILL be a better handler compared to diamond-frame 250R sports)

The CBR 150R will have a twin-spar.
This link shows that it has a diamond frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post
The whole lowdown on the bike with tech specs, pics, engine diagrams and blah blah blah for all those who are interested

Honda Worldwide | CBR250R
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Needless to say, Customer 1, 2 and 4 will be seen straddling their crotch-rockets wearing floaters and balancing their helmets on the top of their heads.
Real good one!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks