Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2010, 03:34   #61
Senior - BHPian

Congrats sammyboy! Seems like you are in love with this bike. I remember I did the same when I was bought a new bicycle (my first) during my 7th standard. I slept at nights in the living room along with the cycle during the first week of ownership. Sounded crazy to my parents and relatives but they didn't mind as long as I was happy.

Here's wishing you countless miles on the Ninja with a smile Enjoy your ride, nothing can beat the thrill of riding a bike with the wind rushing towards us!

And you got company at Bangy to quickly complete your run-in

Last edited by SchumiFan : 20th November 2010 at 03:41.
Old 20th November 2010, 09:36   #62
Team-BHP Support

You can't change a Motorcyclist, ever

Always in 'my' (living) room, in a climate controlled environment
Attached Thumbnails
Sammyboy's Ninja :) - a dream fulfilled-img_0050.jpg  

Old 20th November 2010, 09:58   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Congratulations to you too bro, I guess that piece was destined to be with you. I did pass by the probiking showroom in Doon a few months back and was very happy to see the Ninja standing there. Never thought our small town would get an official showroom for an exotic bike

How about some pics and a review?
Hi! Thanks! I guess she was, wasn't she? I didn't think they would be retailing it here. I guess that's why I went in first - just to see. And here I am - riding one, 3 days later!

Pics are coming up. I''m hoping to ride her up to Mussoorie one of these days, and then post that for starters. Too few klicks on the bike at this point for a reiew, but trust THAT to change quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I've got a copy of Keith Code's Twist of the Wrist on DVD and Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch on ebook.
I am going to get hold of both these things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Sheel... Well done - makes me feel a lot better!
Old 20th November 2010, 10:00   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Congrats sammyboy! Seems like you are in love with this bike. I remember I did the same when I was bought a new bicycle (my first) during my 7th standard.
Here's wishing you countless miles on the Ninja with a smile Enjoy your ride, nothing can beat the thrill of riding a bike with the wind rushing towards us!

And you got company at Bangy to quickly complete your run-in
Thanks a lot for the wonderful wishes bro
All the cycles I ever had used to spend the first few days inside the house. Guess Old habits die hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

lol, another mad one I see
Old 20th November 2010, 14:20   #65
BHPian

You have really made it a part of your family by taking it inside the house. Cheers.

You should consider putting a rubber mat for the side stand rest.
So what security system are you planning to get for the bike?
Considering to remove the number plate, saree guard ?
Is'nt it raining out there in Bangalore? Hope not..
Spoiling the ride and dirtying the bike.
Old 20th November 2010, 22:13   #66
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. That picture in the drawing room is priceless man!
Old 21st November 2010, 12:38   #67
Senior - BHPian

A different ride.

Yesterday I had a couple of friends over to see the Ninja. As soon as I took it out of the house I realized it wasnt a smart move.
There was a kids birthday party happening at the club house and within seconds there was a small crowd of fellow apartment mates and small kids around the Ninja.

I couldnt even speak much to my neighbors as the kids were shouting, screaming trying to get on the bike and my friends and I were busy trying to make sure they didnt scratch it with their shoes.

It was mayhem, but there were some really cute questions and comments that the kids came up with which left me speechless.

"Uncle, is this a racing bike" ?
Yes, kind of
"So did you come first? "
Uh ..errr

"Uncle can this beat a bugatti?"
Lol, yeah sure. Why not

"Uncle how much is this for? I will pester my dad to get one for me."
Its expensive
"How did you manage to buy it?"
When I was a kid of your age, I also wanted one so I started saving and today I was able to afford one.
"I also have thousand of money in my account, I will save more and buy it"

Then there were these 2 kids who wouldnt give up without a ride so I took them around a block one by one.

One was super enthu and wanted me to go at top speed.
At 30kmph he was happy, 35 kmph and he wanted me to slow down as it was too fast :-)

I then took them for 2 rounds and before the other kids from the party came out (atleast 30-40 of them) I decided to park the bike back at home.

I have also managed to get myself cornered into giving a party to some close neighbors. Not that I mind, but I have just socialized with them once before and had been thinking of getting together with them sometime. The Ninja has become the excuse and an occasion to celebrate.

I dont know about riding but Ninja seems to be rocking my social life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
You have really made it a part of your family by taking it inside the house. Cheers.

You should consider putting a rubber mat for the side stand rest.
So what security system are you planning to get for the bike?
Considering to remove the number plate, saree guard ?
Is'nt it raining out there in Bangalore? Hope not..
Spoiling the ride and dirtying the bike.
Thanks man, it is a part of my family for sure.
I was looking at some alarms, cant remember the name now but check and post. I am not planning to remove the saree guard and the front plate, am gonna let it remain completely stock for a while.
The saree guard anyways is so well made that its impossible to figure out if its a part of the bike or an add on.

Unfortunately it rained when i got the bike and I didnt really get the chance to take it out much yesterday so it is a little muddy.

Will wash it today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Congratulations. That picture in the drawing room is priceless man!
Lol, thanks
Old 21st November 2010, 13:06   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
sammyboy : At 30kmph he was happy, 35 kmph and he wanted me to slow down as it was too fast :-) .
Cute

Quote:
sammyboy : I was looking at some alarms .. .
You sure you want to leave it outside the house ?

Quote:
sammyboy : Unfortunately it rained when i got the bike and .. it is a little muddy.

Will wash it today.
First wash ?
Old 21st November 2010, 13:11   #69
Senior - BHPian

Yeah Condor, first wash .Dont really wanna leave it outside, I do have space in the basement parking next to the car but I am sure the kids are going to jump on it and I am more afraid of the Ninja falling on them.
Old 21st November 2010, 13:58   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Yeah Condor, first wash .Dont really wanna leave it outside, I do have space in the basement parking next to the car but I am sure the kids are going to jump on it and I am more afraid of the Ninja falling on them.
Hi Sammyboy... I can understand your not wanting to leave it outside! I'm currently irritating everyone in my family by parking both the bikes in the garage and leaving the cars outside in the rain....
Old 23rd November 2010, 01:57   #71
Senior - BHPian

Aha so you were like a Santa Clause for those kids who fulfilled their wish to see a Super ahem Sports bike

Whatever safety system you plan to put just make sure that it wont screw up the electrical system in the long run also check out how feasible it would be to leave the bike with the system 'ON' in most cases you cant as it keeps shouting, so do weigh in the cons & pros before going for one.

I am speaking from my experience, I had a installed a system in my pulsar but never really used it due to various reasons. Better option would be to probably have a separate ignition switch or since you have another bike, use only when you know it would be safe.
Old 23rd November 2010, 08:45   #72
Senior - BHPian

Though you know about it well & have best people around you to advice, I don't have to stress the importance of security. You might've seen one with Adi from that looks one like these - XENA Motorcycle Security: disc-lock alarms for motorcycles, scooters and ATVS.

I ordered this for my Rx (yeah, I know its not necessary, but still, the very thought of my lost Rx is a worst nightmare) last week.
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:54   #73
BHPian

Best thing you can do is to put a grill around your parking space in the apartment, if its your own apartment and if there are no rules against it. It saves a lot of trouble and gives you piece of mind when you are inside the house.

I definitely think you are never going to leave the bike out of your site when you take it out for a ride, but for safety reasons its better to have an alarm system and the disc brake lock makes a point.

Pay the watchman a couple of more bucks so that he makes sure no one gets near the bike ever.
Always have the cover on.
Park the car or the apache blocking the ninja's exit or providing space for any kid to climb on it.
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:48   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocklock View Post
Hi Sammyboy... I can understand your not wanting to leave it outside! I'm currently irritating everyone in my family by parking both the bikes in the garage and leaving the cars outside in the rain....
Yeah man its tough to leave the bike out without enough deterrents knowing that there are destructive elements around. Thats one of the negatives of living in a flat, no garage. Though I am sure if it continues longer you will be moved to the garage and I will be moved to the parking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Aha so you were like a Santa Clause for those kids who fulfilled their wish to see a Super ahem Sports bike

Whatever safety system you plan to put just make sure that it wont screw up the electrical system.
Yeah man, it reminded me of the times I used to freak out while looking at sports bikes and hoped someone gave me a ride. But then I was never the kinds who would even touch one without permission

Regarding the alarm, I am looking at the the one which aargee has mentioned. Aditya had also advised to get a disc lock so am looking at sourcing one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Though you know about it well & have best people around you to advice, I don't have to stress the importance of security. You might've seen one with Adi from that looks one like these - XENA Motorcycle Security: disc-lock alarms for motorcycles, scooters and ATVS.

I ordered this for my Rx (yeah, I know its not necessary, but still, the very thought of my lost Rx is a worst nightmare) last week.
Thats the one I was trying to remember, thanks aargee. I can completely understand ordering it for your RX man, somethings are too precious to take a risk.

Quote:
Best thing you can do is to put a grill around your parking space in the apartment, if its your own apartment and if there are no rules against it. It saves a lot of trouble and gives you piece of mind when you are inside the house.

I definitely think you are never going to leave the bike out of your site when you take it out for a ride, but for safety reasons its better to have an alarm system and the disc brake lock makes a point.

Pay the watchman a couple of more bucks so that he makes sure no one gets near the bike ever.
Always have the cover on.
I dont really want to put a grill, that might get more attention than what I would want. The disc lock and alarm is the best thing for it.
Also, I am looking at some covers like oxford, which Aditya had suggested. I should be finalizing them soon.

Quote:
Park the car or the apache blocking the ninja's exit or providing space for any kid to climb on it.
I had exactly the same thought regarding the way I need to park the vehicles.

Another thing which has started happening is that as the kids are slowly getting used to seeing the Ninja, the novelty factor is starting to wear off. By the time I will park the bike in the basement, most people would have seen it enough times.
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:03   #75
Senior - BHPian

The Xena U alarm lock seems way better than just a disc lock. See here - Bullett-Lock Alarms

You can lock the wheel to a railing or just across the forks for added security.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks