Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:09   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
The Xena U alarm lock seems way better than just a disc lock. See here - Bullett-Lock Alarms

You can lock the wheel to a railing or just across the forks for added security.
Oh god, more confusion . I guess the U alarm can also be used to lock the cover in place (through the front wheel). Are these available in India?
Thats the pain part, most of the things are not available here.
Old 23rd November 2010, 19:23   #77
BHPian

Happy Zippin Green Ninja Rider

Happy for you Sammy.

Wishing you Miles with Smiles on your dream Green Ninja.

Your unclaimed white RTR-180 is now mine uptill my bike arrives
Old 25th November 2010, 15:55   #78
Team-BHP Support

Very late for the party indeed. It has been a long time coming for you Samarth, and I can pretty much tell how complete the Ninja makes you feel now.
I am yet to ride the Ninja 250, but going by the many reviews (even desi ones now) I am almost certain this is a great package you have landed yourself.

Congratulations once again bud.

manson.
Old 26th November 2010, 11:07   #79
BANNED

Oh WOW!! Another Kwacker.

Congrats man. Will keep a watch out on the roads for the greenie's - Aditya and Sammy.
Old 27th November 2010, 13:16   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
Happy for you Sammy.

Wishing you Miles with Smiles on your dream Green Ninja.

Your unclaimed white RTR-180 is now mine uptill my bike arrives
lol, thanks Amar. Wish you get your classic soon man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Very late for the party indeed. It has been a long time coming for you Samarth, and I can pretty much tell how complete the Ninja makes you feel now.
I am yet to ride the Ninja 250, but going by the many reviews (even desi ones now) I am almost certain this is a great package you have landed yourself.

Congratulations once again bud.

manson.
Thanks a lot Manson. You and RT were the ppl I used to always turn to for my queries ever since I joined the forum bro. Thanks again bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Oh WOW!! Another Kwacker.

Congrats man. Will keep a watch out on the roads for the greenie's - Aditya and Sammy.
Thanks Spitfire. Hope to bump into you sometime bro (not literally )
Old 27th November 2010, 15:05   #81
BHPian

Hey Sammy what happened to the lock? Bought/settled on one yet?
Old 28th November 2010, 21:09   #82
BHPian

Congratulations Sammy!!!!!! This is awesome!! So this is why you haven't been riding your RTR eh? It's great to see one more Ninja on the forum.

When used to ride to work early morning, almost everyday I used to see a green ninja the route which I take. He whizzes through the flyover and once in a while, used to stop beside him at the signal. Just like others, my pupils dilate, my saliva glands go into overdrive and before I can realize what is exactly happening, he zooms off again.

Again yesterday, saw the Ninja in the PBK showroom in Indiranagar and I become a small boy again. This is one of the reasons, I stopped visiting the forum(s). My wish to buy an SBK just keeps increasing and at the slightest mention of me wanting to buy one has been shot down in an instant or ridiculed :( But, I look up to guys like you and Aditya which makes me tell myself, "Age doesn't really matter when you REALLY want a sports bike" I'm at least happy to see others living my dream.

Wishing you many, many happy miles on the baby. Enjoy!!
Old 29th November 2010, 11:31   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna View Post
My wish to buy an SBK just keeps increasing and at the slightest mention of me wanting to buy one has been shot down in an instant or ridiculed :( But, I look up to guys like you and Aditya which makes me tell myself, "Age doesn't really matter when you REALLY want a sports bike" I'm at least happy to see others living my dream.
You can live your dream too. Who's ridiculing you and why are you succumbing to it? Buy the bike you're craving for. Life's too short to worry about what the rest of the world thinks about you.

And age doesnt really matter. At 32 this is my first imported sportsbike... and not the last In fact on the seat, age helps in staying within safe limits. Had I been a lot younger, i doubt if the bike would have clocked so many miles without a crash.
Old 29th November 2010, 14:17   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocklock View Post
Hey Sammy what happened to the lock? Bought/settled on one yet?
No man, still not sure what to order. I have sent an email to PRC to check about the cover too, lets see if they reply. Need to order one within a day or two though.

Quote:
Congratulations Sammy!!!!!! This is awesome!! So this is why you haven't been riding your RTR eh? It's great to see one more Ninja on the forum.

When used to ride to work early morning, almost everyday I used to see a green ninja the route which I take. He whizzes through the flyover and once in a while, used to stop beside him at the signal. Just like others, my pupils dilate, my saliva glands go into overdrive and before I can realize what is exactly happening, he zooms off again.

My wish to buy an SBK just keeps increasing and at the slightest mention of me wanting to buy one has been shot down in an instant or ridiculed :( But, I look up to guys like you and Aditya which makes me tell myself, "Age doesn't really matter when you REALLY want a sports bike" I'm at least happy to see others living my dream.

Wishing you many, many happy miles on the baby. Enjoy!!
Hey rdna, thanks a lot man. And if you really want one please dont bother with what other people say. These are the people who dont really understand passion and never really will.

Age is nothing but a number man, its about what age you feel you are. Its your money, your passion why look at what others think?
They will be the first ones to ask you for a ride anyways whenever you get one

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
You can live your dream too. Who's ridiculing you and why are you succumbing to it? Buy the bike you're craving for. Life's too short to worry about what the rest of the world thinks about you.

And age doesnt really matter. At 32 this is my first imported sportsbike... and not the last In fact on the seat, age helps in staying within safe limits. Had I been a lot younger, i doubt if the bike would have clocked so many miles without a crash.
+1 to that. I fulfilled my dream at 34 a dream I first saw at 17. I dont know if I would have been able to restrain myself at 18 but I sure can now .

Last edited by sammyboy : 29th November 2010 at 14:25.
Old 1st December 2010, 04:12   #85
BHPian

Aditya and Sammy, thanks a lot for the support guys! Now, it's just the finance which needs to be taken care. Few more years...... just few more
Old 6th December 2010, 22:47   #86
Senior - BHPian

Updating after a while. Murphy's law finally caught up with me.
When I had the time I didnt have the Ninja, the day I got it I have been going mad with work.

Managed to take the Ninja out twice towards the Airport. About 60kms each ride.
It really rides like a dream. I had to touch 5K rpm to overtake a couple of slow moving trucks and it was effortless. One can just about start to feel the power and the promise the bike holds at higher RPM's and it is a little frustrating to say the least.

I had a slight scare as there was a big piece of hard plastic on the road the the car in front swerved at the last second, that is when I really got to know the power of handling and braking the Ninja is endowed with. A slight tap of the first brake and swerve, I was able to avoid it easily. It felt very composed, so much more than the RTR.

Still waiting for a longer ride to finish the running in. Lets see what the future has in store.
Old 7th December 2010, 05:56   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
When I had the time I didnt have the Ninja, the day I got it I have been going mad with work.
This Murphy guy is all around...

Quote:
It really rides like a dream. I had to touch 5K rpm to overtake a couple of slow moving trucks and it was effortless. One can just about start to feel the power and the promise the bike holds at higher RPM's and it is a little frustrating to say the least.
Awesome! Looks like a planned effort to add miles to the odo

Quote:
I had a slight scare as there was a big piece of hard plastic on the road the the car in front swerved at the last second, that is when I really got to know the power of handling and braking the Ninja is endowed with. A slight tap of the first brake and swerve, I was able to avoid it easily.
Drive safe dude!
Old 7th December 2010, 11:29   #88
BHPian

Quote:

I had a slight scare as there was a big piece of hard plastic on the road the the car in front swerved at the last second, that is when I really got to know the power of handling and braking the Ninja is endowed with. A slight tap of the first brake and swerve, I was able to avoid it easily. It felt very composed, so much more than the RTR.

Still waiting for a longer ride to finish the running in. Lets see what the future has in store.
I had a similar instance on a hill road yesterday.. I was going uphill with a rather big drop on my left, and a pair of guys on an P220 came in pretty close on my right to have a better look I think. We were approaching a blind climbing right, so I slowed down quickly to make them pass me. However, the jokers were already driving on the wrong side of the road (no dividers here) and were surprised by a bus coming downhill. He jinked hard left and ended up across the road. On my old 180, I think this would have been a rather serious development (given its dislike for sudden change of direction in a turn), but on the Ninja, it was just a dab on the brake, a quick lean and a bit off throttle and I was through before any of the other parties had a clue. What I liked was that there was no drama at all - just did it.

About the runing in, I know what you're saying man... I'm stuck at 600 km myself, and evrything seems to be happening right now, of all times! Anyways, just a few days more, hopefully!

You ride safe.

@rdna: Just to add my voice to Sammy & Aditya's, I'm 30, and I am not embarassed to be a petrolhead. As far as ridicule for something you like doing goes, I'd like to see someone try . Also, I think the guys are right about maturity. Not to say that age is the only factor that influences maturity or that all younger guys are rash, but I think we've all seen our share of dumb mistakes when we were younger to realise that there's an age when most people succomb to the euphoria of the moment. I did it too, and I'm not proud of it today - because I know better.

Last edited by Brocklock : 7th December 2010 at 11:37.
Old 7th December 2010, 18:19   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Oh twice already!? Looks like you will munch more miles on this compared to your Menace

Quote:

That's the big advantage of having sports bikes, esp. the brakes. They are extremely good!

Quote:
@rdna: Just to add my voice to Sammy & Aditya's, I'm 30, and I am not embarassed to be a petrolhead. As far as ridicule for something you like doing goes, I'd like to see someone try . Also, I think the guys are right about maturity. Not to say that age is the only factor that influences maturity or that all younger guys are rash, but I think we've all seen our share of dumb mistakes when we were younger to realise that there's an age when most people succumb to the euphoria of the moment. I did it too, and I'm not proud of it today - because I know better.
30 SEEMS to be the age So, if I save enough for 4-5 more years, I'll have my liter bike. Hehehe..... But, will you guys be riding till then? Want to ride with you 'uncles' once (more)
Old 9th December 2010, 14:03   #90
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sammyboy's Ninja :) - a dream fulfilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
This Murphy guy is all around...

Drive safe dude!
Yeah man, thanks. Lets see when I get a chance to ride it next

Quote:
I had a similar instance on a hill road yesterday..
About the runing in, I know what you're saying man... I'm stuck at 600 km myself, and everything seems to be happening right now, of all times! Anyways, just a few days more, hopefully!

You ride safe.
Good to hear that you managed to be safe too bro. Hope the both of us get time to complete the running in soon.

Quote:
30 SEEMS to be the age So, if I save enough for 4-5 more years, I'll have my liter bike. Hehehe..... But, will you guys be riding till then? Want to ride with you 'uncles' once (more)
Yeah man, 30's are the new 20's and 20's are the new 10's and its illegal to ride if you are under 18 so .....do the math
hee hee

Come on bro, you can do it. Start saving NOW.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks