Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2010, 22:30   #91
BHPian

Re: Sammyboy's Ninja :) - a dream fulfilled

Royal Enfield Classic 500 has a long waiting period of 8-months and also there are issues later on typical to any bullet,looking for a used one.

How is a used 2008 Yamaha R15 22K Km driven for Rs 60K to start with riding a sports bike and then move on to a Ninja or the Honda 250 later on.

Are there any high maintenance issues with old R15's?

I have been riding a Honda Eterno 4-gear scooter all these days hence it will be a giant leap to a Ninja

Any views and opinions shall be appreciated

Thanks
Amar
Old 13th December 2010, 23:26   #92
Senior - BHPian

^^ Offtopic post Amar but i'll reply. The R15 is a pretty good bike to start with before moving to a Ninja. But then the ninja still can be your first bike. Its very forgiving and not brutal like most (or all) superbikes. You can do mid corner corrections and it wont make you crash. Power delivery is linear and very smooth.

Ample torque for pottling around in the city too. I've ridden on 6th gear @ 45kmph with no knocking (when i get a nice straight fairly open bit of road in the city). Brakes are powerful and bite well (and really hard so use them with caution).

@sammy - see the most recent pics on my ninja thread. I've taken pics of at least 3 different brands of frame sliders. Hope it helps.
Old 15th December 2010, 01:39   #93
BHPian

Now that I have seen her in the pictures, when do i get to see her in flesh?

No excuses..its not raining in Blr now..
Old 15th December 2010, 09:33   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Now that I have seen her in the pictures, when do i get to see her in flesh?

No excuses..its not raining in Blr now..
Lol, soon bro . Let me get a few more kms under her and complete the running in and we shall go for a nice ride.
Old 7th February 2015, 15:34   #95
BHPian

So, since it's been a while since the last post here (ahem), I thought I'll make a request. First, can we see the pics from CSS last week? I know you were super excited to go and I know you had a great time. Please share the fun!!
Second, can you get the Ninja back in the house for one more pic, like when you got her home first? Would love to hear what the lady thinks

I wait with eager anticipation! And I wish I could get the Streetie up to my living room, though I'll have to develop muscles of Hulk to carry it up lol
AnkurS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 10:14   #96
Senior - BHPian

As Ankur has mentioned, do post your experiences with CSS. And I can't believe this thread hasn't been updated in 5 years.

Get on with that report and pics now, bro.
Old 9th February 2015, 11:40   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkurS View Post
So, since it's been a while since the last post here (ahem), I thought I'll make a request. First, can we see the pics from CSS last week? I know you were super excited to go and I know you had a great time. Please share the fun!!
Second, can you get the Ninja back in the house for one more pic, like when you got her home first? Would love to hear what the lady thinks

I wait with eager anticipation! And I wish I could get the Streetie up to my living room, though I'll have to develop muscles of Hulk to carry it up lol

Dude, thanks for reviving a dormant thread. I can't believe it's really been this long but with all my time being redirected to the lil one and mrs, the riding was ignored quite a bit. Until now

Been lots of fun riding with you, you are a major contributor to this revival. :-)
The parking space inside the house has been converted into a toy store now, no space to move. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
As Ankur has mentioned, do post your experiences with CSS. And I can't believe this thread hasn't been updated in 5 years.

Get on with that report and pics now, bro.

True man, these last few years just flew.
Sure thing bro, will start putting my experiences down. It was one awesome event though, very well organised.

And we need to start riding together again, most of my rides have been with you and we need to revive that.
Old 10th February 2015, 11:30   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Sure thing bro, will start putting my experiences down. It was one awesome event though, very well organised.
It was awesome listening to you the other day about it, and I want to see the pictures. Living vicariously, lol!

It's really easy to attach them on Team-BHP, just use the paperclip icon and you are set to go

AnkurS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 01:55   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkurS View Post
It was awesome listening to you the other day about it, and I want to see the pictures. Living vicariously, lol!

It's really easy to attach them on Team-BHP, just use the paperclip icon and you are set to go
I dont know when i will get time to prepare a write up but here are some pics from CSS as instructed
Attached Thumbnails
Sammyboy's Ninja :) - a dream fulfilled-followthecoach.jpg  

Sammyboy's Ninja :) - a dream fulfilled-coaching.jpg  

Sammyboy's Ninja :) - a dream fulfilled-pic.jpg  

Sammyboy's Ninja :) - a dream fulfilled-turn.jpg  

Sammyboy's Ninja :) - a dream fulfilled-turn2.jpg  

Sammyboy's Ninja :) - a dream fulfilled-turn3.jpg  

Sammyboy's Ninja :) - a dream fulfilled-turn4.jpg  

Sammyboy's Ninja :) - a dream fulfilled-whitegroup.jpg  

Last edited by sammyboy : 11th February 2015 at 01:59.
sammyboy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 07:44   #100
BHPian

Quote:
I dont know when i will get time to prepare a write up but here are some pics from CSS as instructed
Very nice! Very VERY nice

Sammy, The pictures have turned out awesome and I think I love the mid-track instructions pic the best. It certainly looks like the whole thing is as professionally managed as it is advertised. Having seen your new tyres and the mid corner pics, I have no doubt left that you had an insane amount of fun while at the same time getting better at riding.

Hope to join you next year at the school mate, until then, let's keep munching those miles!
AnkurS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 10:48   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Excellent pictures, mate. I'm sure you came out a more wise and skilled biker. Has to be the most reputed institution when it comes advanced biking.

I'm eager to join in for the next edition, and hopefully would make in time to not see all the slots get filled within minutes, as has been the case with me since the last two editions!

Catch up soon for a ride, then!
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed