Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2011, 00:30   #61
EP.
BHPian

re: Scoop: KTM Duke 200 caught testing in India!

Any idea when the bookings start? And how about that long list of optional extras? God!
I want one.
Old 6th December 2011, 15:44   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I love this bike but I am bit worried about the saddle height as I am only 5' 5". Any idea guys given the saddle height is 810mm?
Apply a lowering link or dogbone to the rear monoshock. This might work:

Kouba Link

Push up the front forks up to lower them by a similar amount as rear.

At least this is what I am thinking... Would be good to get a second opinion.
Old 6th December 2011, 20:35   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP. View Post
Any idea when the bookings start? And how about that long list of optional extras? God!
I want one.
booking starts after 20th dec, official launch is on 3rd jan and deliveries after 10th jan - not very credible, this information. but nevertheless good to know
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 12:32   #64
BHPian

Any idea if Bajaj has started taking bookings? If yes, where in Bangalore shud one go to part with the greenbacks?

Though I love Yams, I'd like to dedicate this particular song to them - Metallica: For whom the bell tolls
Old 7th December 2011, 20:06   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe loser View Post
Any idea if Bajaj has started taking bookings? If yes, where in Bangalore shud one go to part with the greenbacks?

Though I love Yams, I'd like to dedicate this particular song to them - Metallica: For whom the bell tolls
Not sure if they have started taking bookings. But Probiking, Indiranagar is the place you need to head to part with it
Old 7th December 2011, 22:58   #66
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The mega review of the Duke 200 has been uploaded in XBHP. Here's the link for the same:

The Complete xBhp Review : KTM 200 Baby Duke Mega Review - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 10:36   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The mega review of the Duke 200 has been uploaded in XBHP. Here's the link for the same:

The Complete xBhp Review : KTM 200 Baby Duke Mega Review - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community
Am I the only one who feel the review looks like an advertisement feature and the reviewers invested most of the time in pictures rather than the actual bike itself?

Regards
hiren.mistry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 10:41   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Am I the only one who feel the review looks like an advertisement feature and the reviewers invested most of the time in pictures rather than the actual bike itself?

Regards
Its an advert.

But lets not discuss as to what others are doing. I just wish that the trend which started with the 650R continued
Old 8th December 2011, 11:29   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Its an advert.

But lets not discuss as to what others are doing. I just wish that the trend which started with the 650R continued
Not sure what you meant by the 650R trend? Or did you mean T-BHP 650R review? I am little slow on the uptake today ...
Old 8th December 2011, 11:41   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

May be, like the autocarindia and overdrive these days seem to be sponsored by Gernam firms :-)

But in spite of that, the review contains figures - 0-60 and 0-100 timings, torque and bhp graphs, etc for Duke200, CB250R and R15 and figures speak for themselves. So I would like to have an open mind and assimilate the information irrespective of which website/group it is coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Its an advert.

Others? Hmm...
If I understand correctly, xbhp is a forum for primarily bike enthusiats so if a team-bhpean is also a member of xbhp, will he be counted as "others"?
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 11:59   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
May be, like the autocarindia and overdrive these days seem to be sponsored by Gernam firms :-)

But in spite of that, the review contains figures - 0-60 and 0-100 timings, torque and bhp graphs, etc for Duke200, CB250R and R15 and figures speak for themselves. So I would like to have an open mind and assimilate the information irrespective of which website/group it is coming from.
I would take those graphs with a huge pinch of salt, they were provided by Bajaj and the timings mentioned for CBR250 are a lot higher than what I've seen/read in other mags. Of course I don't blame Sunny and group for the graphs as they were provided by Bajaj.

I dunno about ACI German bias but I do believe that its the best mag you/I can buy in India. The less said about Overdrive the better ...
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 12:37   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not sure what you meant by the 650R trend? Or did you mean T-BHP 650R review?
Yes. We started with a bang with the 650R and then... I wish I was around to help a bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Others? Hmm...
If I understand correctly, xbhp is a forum for primarily bike enthusiats so if a team-bhpean is also a member of xbhp, will he be counted as "others"?
They are biased which is evident from the review. The disclaimer was provided at a later stage. We can discuss xbhp at xbhp & Team Bhp at Team Bhp I believe to avoid conflicts. Team-Bhp is honest w/o any commercial interests.
Quote:
I would take those graphs with a huge pinch of salt, they were provided by Bajaj and the timings mentioned for CBR250 are a lot higher than what I've seen/read in other mags. Of course I don't blame Sunny and group for the graphs as they were provided by Bajaj.
A disclaimer put up late. No figures for the N-250R? Explains it.

Quote:
I dunno about ACI German bias but I do believe that its the best mag you/I can buy in India. The less said about Overdrive the better ...
Yes, ACI is the best of the rest. OD seems to have lost it.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 19:54   #73
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop: KTM Duke 200 caught testing in India!

Wish they come up with an option of this kind of H/L set up when its launched for public

Thanks Mods for the change in title!

Edit: Edited image to fit frame. Apologies for the earlier pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: KTM Duke 200 caught testing in India!-ktm.jpg  

Last edited by Shubz : 8th December 2011 at 19:59.
Old 27th December 2011, 10:06   #74
BHPian

While passing the pro-biking Showroom in Hyderabad. I saw a huge sticker on the glass announcing 'KTM coming soon', The bike is in the background. I could not click a picture since I was driving. It looks like the date is coming closer for the launch of the bike.

Will call the sales guys and find out more info from them later on.
Old 27th December 2011, 19:12   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
The bike is in the background.
Are you sure about this? For I had been to the PBK outlet in Bangalore y'day and they only had the "KTM coming soon" plastered on their glass. Inside there was no hint of Orange. Just some silly white and red balloons and the same vague answers like "Don't know when, dont know how much, don't know this, don't know that" I guess they have all be asked to keep their mouths shut!

But I guess something slipped out of the sales guys mouth - Bookings may start just before the Auto expo! and I quickly caught on to that saying. Jan 3rd then? Went back to his evasive self - don't know sir. we will call you sir, we will send sms sir.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks