Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 12:43   #121
BHPian

Re: Scoop: KTM Duke 200 caught testing in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Bajaj will start accepting bookings after the official launch. I guess you can book one on 24-Jan.
Danke! I live right opposite to pro-biking showroom. I'll go and camp out on 23rd night itself
Old 19th January 2012, 19:15   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind splitter View Post
I have shortlisted Ninja250R, R15 V2, CBR250R (not so keen on this though) and KTM. I am not able to decide which one will be the ONE for me among these bikes
Go to the showroom and look at each one of them thoroughly - Your heart and mind would definitely converge upon one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Are they taking bookings for this already?
Quote:
Bajaj will start accepting bookings after the official launch. I guess you can book one on 24-Jan.
Bookings would start on 24th 3pm onwards at least in Bangalore.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/KTM-Bangalore/236506819757592

Subscribe to this page (Bangaloreans) - and you will be kept updated about almost everything about the Duke from Bookings to Initial booking/ownership experiences etc.

Quote:
I suggest you to take a test drive and then decide. As you have shortlisted N250R then your budget is over 3Lacs.
A duke 200 will perform better compared to CBR250 and R15V2. It boils down to looks. Some may like looks of duke and some may not.
Its better you drive shortlisted bikes one after other. This will definitely help you in finalizing.
Except for the CBR250 - I don't think one can get to test ride any of the other vehicles mentioned. Ex: Ninja's Duke's etc. Not sure of the R15 and pulsars - if you are lucky.

Last edited by n_aditya : 20th January 2012 at 11:23. Reason: quote tags corrected
Old 21st January 2012, 15:23   #123
BHPian

just got an SMS on the same!

Booking opens form 24th jan 13:00 hrs

Hope the pricing is right, if it is, i might end up canceling my CL350 and go for this.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
Old 24th January 2012, 03:37   #124

Hello fellow Duke followers, since this thread is not as active as i expected it to be. Here's some information i've gathered from other forums and my phone conversations with the Probiking showrooms in Mumbai and Pune.

The bike will be launched at 1PM IST on the 24th of January 2012, which is today!
The final ex-showroom price of the bike has not yet been disclosed (believe me i tried a lot and the best answer i got is - approx. 1.5L onroad)
The booking amount in Mumbai is 35 thousand(although the first Probiking representative i spoke to from the Kanjurmarg showroom said 40 thousand)
The booking amount in Pune is 30 thousand.
The booking amount is not a down payment on the bike.
A display bike will be available for us to gawk at in every Probiking outlet in the country.
The Finance details and delivery periods will be sent to the showrooms by Bajaj Finance after formal launch of the bike. The representative at the Mumbai showroom said this could happen at 1PM tomorrow or maximum a few days after launch).

People were expecting to get test rides tomorrow itself, but it looks like this is not the case. Some speculate a mid feb period for test rides to begin.

One very disheartening piece of information the Mumbai Probiking showroom gave me was the maximum waiting period for the bike, even if booked tomorrow could be upto 90 days. This could be a major deterrent to a lot of prospective buyers (me included).

Thats mostly all the information i've got at this point. The sheer lack of information divulged by Bajaj is shocking especially since the launch of this bike is so important for not just the two companies involved, but the entire country. A bike of such caliber needs a grand launch with HUGE chunks of teasers to keep people interested. But thats just my opinion.

I'll be going to the Probiking showroom in Pune tomorrow at either 1PM or 6PM. Hope to see a lot of enthusiasts there!

On second thought, i hope to see a lot of people booking the bike only after i've managed to get around to book mine.
Old 24th January 2012, 07:55   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernauTT View Post
The final ex-showroom price of the bike has not yet been disclosed (believe me i tried a lot and the best answer i got is - approx. 1.5L onroad)
Overdrive quoted 1.8 on-road speculation, which is definitely not a good price for Single Cylinder 200CC bike. Today I was supposed to book it thinking the price would be 1.5 onroad.

Last edited by pawan_pullarwar : 24th January 2012 at 07:56.
Old 24th January 2012, 09:12   #126
BHPian

It can't be 1.8 lakhs for sure.
Rajiv Bajaj hinted vfm pricing during one of its interviews and the bike most probably will undercut CBR
Old 24th January 2012, 11:42   #127
Senior - BHPian

Price would be 1.18L ex showroom. Add taxes and other stuff. and do the math. Bookings would open only by Feb 1 - so all speculations put to rest. I got the info last night itself but I still went to the showroom and they were very apologetic for the last minute change in plans.

Reason given: The consignment hasn't reached their respective destination. (verbatim)

Delivery schedule is 90 days. This is the saddest part though. :(

Not just the prospective buyers - even the PBK staff shoulders were drooping and they are expecting some not so pleasant exchanges with people who have been regularly following up about the bike. Hope everything goes well.

Wait for Feb 1 begins
Old 24th January 2012, 12:22   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Price would be 1.18L ex showroom. Add taxes and other stuff. and do the math. Bookings would open only by Feb 1 - so all speculations put to rest. I got the info last night itself but I still went to the showroom and they were very apologetic for the last minute change in plans.

Reason given: The consignment hasn't reached their respective destination. (verbatim)

Delivery schedule is 90 days. This is the saddest part though. :(

Not just the prospective buyers - even the PBK staff shoulders were drooping and they are expecting some not so pleasant exchanges with people who have been regularly following up about the bike. Hope everything goes well.

Wait for Feb 1 begins
Phew! Just got out of an early morning meeting. Will visit the showroom today, evening. How was it to see the bike in flesh? And 1.18ex seems to a great VFM package no?
Old 24th January 2012, 12:29   #129
BHPian

Yes, INR 1,17,500 ex-showroom Delhi , pricing is aimed to under cut CBR 250. I hope they offer ABS atleast as optional.

Delivery wait times are not conclusively known, every thing now is only speculation.Bookings though are confirmed to start from Feb 1st only.

KTM face book page: http://www.facebook.com/indiaktm?sk=wall

Last edited by deetee : 24th January 2012 at 12:35.
Old 24th January 2012, 12:39   #130
Senior - BHPian

Price has been announced: Rs.1,17,500 Ex-Showroom. Thats an awesome price. VFM. Should be 1.35Lacs on road in bangalore.
Old 24th January 2012, 14:34   #131
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support - Thread closed. Please continue discussions here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks