Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2010, 16:08   #1
BHPian

CF and Ownership Transfer

Mod's not sure if this topic has been discussed earlier. Please merge if yes.

I have picked up an Old Bull Registered with KA 17, and the vehice was registered in 1994 with the RTO, thereby 15 years has passed and I need to go for a Certificate of Fitness and also Ownership change. Have approached a couple of RTO Brokers and they opine I should go to KA 17 RTO and pay some fees and then get the address changed to match the RTO based on my address proof. But that doesnt look feasible as KA 17 (Davangere) is not a nearby place for me to hop across and also I was of the understanding that within the same State you can approach any RTO and can get the work done.

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.
Old 30th November 2010, 18:57   #2
BHPian

AFAIK, you need to get the fitness check done from the RTO the bike is currently registered, not anywhere else.

My bike was originally registered with Yeshwantpur RTO, but when I bought it, I transferred to my name and to the RTO to Indranagar. I was under the impression that I had to get the fitness done from the RTO the bike was originally registered with and went to yeshwantpur. I did all the paper work there and also got the bike inspected. When I went to collect my RC, to my horror, they told me that I need to do the whole process again at Indranagar since the bike is currently registered there. How I wished I had gone through an agent, he'd have known this beforehand

Ifinally gave it to an agent at Indranagar and got it done peacefully and the RC was delivered to my office.
Old 1st December 2010, 18:49   #3
BHPian

Hmnn Thanks jingaboysr! I have got in touch with 2 agents. I has asked me to get the bike to Rajajinagar RTO and he will get the stuff done for 3 K, the other guy has told me that he will get this done without taking the Bike to any RTO (waiting for his Quotation ). Will keep you updated on the developments
Old 1st December 2010, 19:08   #4
BHPian

3k is atrocious!!

If you go directly without an agent, you'd spend around 700-1000(without bribes ). An agent should charge you around 2k(including all bribes).

Good luck.
Old 1st December 2010, 20:18   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
3k is atrocious!!

If you go directly without an agent, you'd spend around 700-1000(without bribes ). An agent should charge you around 2k(including all bribes).

Good luck.
If this includes Green tax, it's not atrocious to that extent. I recently paid 2.5k for my 1985 scooter of which 2080 was the Green tax. This tax was just introduced a few weeks ago in Mumbai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks