Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2005, 12:05   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
Either tvs's products are not good or their service centers are jsut not capable of fixing problem...
gkrishn, I also own a feb 2001 model of the fiero. After five years and almost 50,000 kms, it is still good for 50k more. And i am not a soft rider either. She still does 100 kmph, does 75-80 kmph in third gear and beats bajaj 150 dtsi in a straight line, atleast till 90-100 kmph. All these speeds from the standard speedometer. I have not done any modifications, it still have the same stock tyres, although the rear tyre has become a racing slick..
Never had any major electrical/mechanical problems apart from dead bulbs/bent front forks, guard. Though the front forks were bent due to hitting potholes at 70 kmph. One sore issue is the brakes, which i think is addressed by the disc brakes in current models.
And i service at bridgestone agencies, on Dr Rajkumar Road, which i find better than the Honda service (i own a Honda activa too), just down the road.
If i remeber correctly, TVS was the first Indian company to get an award for TQM ( Total Quality Management)

My friends pulsar which was bought 3 years ago and having covered around 40k kms, rattles like a greaves garuda engine. And getting her to reach 80 kmph is quite laborious. I dont even need to mention their service.

So there...

Conan
Old 25th December 2005, 13:23   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
gkrishn, I also own a feb 2001 model of the fiero. After five years and almost 50,000 kms, it is still good for 50k more. And i am not a soft rider either. She still does 100 kmph, does 75-80 kmph in third gear and beats bajaj 150 dtsi in a straight line, atleast till 90-100 kmph. All these speeds from the standard speedometer. I have not done any modifications, it still have the same stock tyres, although the rear tyre has become a racing slick..
Yes your correct about the performance. Though i never tried with a pulsar... i can say that i never felt a lag of power. When i am in mood, i change gear at 20,40,60... at the bike really zooms. But the rest of the bike just dosnt match up. Due to some silly electrical problem i have got my bike stalled twice in nowhere. Once some part got burnt and i had to tow it to service station to find that they changed some part for the cost of 2Rs. Belive me, tristar tvs, gave me a bill for Rs2. I got really pissed off. With in 2 months of purchase, the fuse blew off and got stalled on a sunday night. I still some times have problem with this fuse thing. TVS service stations in madras and bangalore never managed to fix these problems once for all. I have delt with 3 different service station so far.

Also on my part, twice atleast the bike got drenced completly in rain(i just couldnt avoid this...) for whole night. Also once in ECR, i managed to get thrown out of the bike at around 70. Thank fully the road was empty and the bike sustained some amount of damage. I still suspect if the chasis sustained any big damage because of this. My head was saved becasue i was wearing a helmet.

Lately, the handle bar vibrates like crazy under moderate to heavy acceleration. Tristar managed to reduce it, but not completly remove it.

Talking about the bent front forks, i have fixed that thing twice so far. Also the wheel rims, get bent freq too.

Conan, pls pm me the service station details. Sorry guys for hijacking the thread. But just want to give some feedback on the tvs and its service centers.
Old 25th December 2005, 15:07   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007
Went to Ramkay TVS. Took some pics from my mobile,will post the same soon.
Still waiting 4 the pics...
Old 25th December 2005, 22:42   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Apache Pics

Old 25th December 2005, 22:53   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
She still does 100 kmph, does 75-80 kmph in third gear and beats bajaj 150 dtsi in a straight line, atleast till 90-100 kmph. All these speeds from the standard speedometer. I have not done any modifications, it still have the same stock tyres, although the rear tyre has become a racing slick..
My friends pulsar which was bought 3 years ago and having covered around 40k kms, rattles like a greaves garuda engine. And getting her to reach 80 kmph is quite laborious. I dont even need to mention their service.

So there...

Conan
Can't agree more. I also own a Suzuki Fiero. I just love to see the guyz in their pulsar 150 DTSi 's struggling to keep up with my fiero at a drag starting from a signal I don't mean that the Pulsar is under powered but what's the use when u have to struggle to get the on-paper BHP figures On-ROAD?
There was primarily one reason why the Fiero didn't sell as well as the pulsar/CBZ-LOOKS. Now I hope that with Apache TVS shows who the BOSS is?

And gkrishn, my earlier Scooty had some niggling electrical problems(otherwise it was great) but none of those problems with the Fiero though.
Old 25th December 2005, 23:25   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007

there's some prob with the first link..not working..
others are fine.. the bike looks damn hot..
Old 26th December 2005, 15:49   #52
Senior - BHPian

some of the things that i noticed:

1) rear panel styling borrowed heavily from pulsar.
2) console styling inspired by pulsar and glamour (??) - the 6-o-clock needle positions of the 1st and 3rd pods and the tri-pod arrangement seems, well, nice...
3) handle bars are satin-finish....pulsar again...
4) the rear gas-charged dampers seem like beefed up nitroxxes from endurance...and the orange paint finish around the coils seem corny...
5) rear fender /mudguard- again, looks pulsar-inspired.....

BUT- all comments reserved until test drive...the thing that should always be kept in mind about the current automotive scene in India:
the proof of the pie is in the pudding, as appearances can be VERY deceptive...
Old 26th December 2005, 19:00   #53
BHPian

Rear is begging for a wider tire, preferably a michelin or pirelli..
Old 27th December 2005, 05:24   #54
BHPian

well all our bikes except the new pulsars...need fatter rubber...
power wise i def think its gonna smoke the competition...
handling.... i've owned the f2 tht was a dream to handle this one wid the bigger rear and the smaller front will def be awessome.
looks r a mixed bag...allthough seeing it in the real flesh will reveal all.
all in all we have a real contender here in the 150 cc segment....
Old 28th December 2005, 00:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

I have had the p180 but I am sure this will beat the p150, cbz and unicorn and will be competitive(certainly not a beater but close) with 180 and karizma if the engine is refined and the weight is less.
Old 3rd January 2006, 17:58   #56
BHPian

[SIZE=2]i m done with the photo shoot with B.S.Motoring,,it will come in feb edition,,,some part of the story is in jan edit,,,but the feb edit is killer,,,there r wheelies, stoppies,,,n lots more,,,just try n grab one copy,,, [/SIZE]
Old 3rd January 2006, 18:05   #57
Senior - BHPian

I have a reliable source who works in TVS Motors at Hosur. He had been to the Mysore factory for the Apache launch. It seems that he got a short ride and he vouches for the handling of Apache. Looks like TVS have got it right in almost all departments this time and they have a winner at hand.
Old 4th January 2006, 02:08   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
I have a reliable source who works in TVS Motors at Hosur. He had been to the Mysore factory for the Apache launch. It seems that he got a short ride and he vouches for the handling of Apache. Looks like TVS have got it right in almost all departments this time and they have a winner at hand.

didnt they always have a winner at hand??
Old 8th January 2006, 11:34   #59
BHPian

hey check out my pic, wheeling on apache for B.S.Motoring,
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10th January 2006, 03:56   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelieboy
hey check out my pic, wheeling on apache for B.S.Motoring,
[IMG][/IMG]
cool man.!!! dats really great.

Also bsmotoring awarded apache as the bike of the year.

way to go tvs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks