Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2011, 14:14   #16
BHPian

Re: TBTS - doubts & concerns!!

@racingmachine: First of all, Good decision, go ahead straight and book it right away.
secondly: Forget about the winter ride on your bird, because once you book your machine will take atleast two months to come under your posession.
I have booked my Thunderbird TS here in kolkata just the day before yesterday, i.e., 6th of Jan '11 and I expect to lay my hands on the machine atleast by mid march if not later. Hence dont worry about winter riding or depriciation benefits etc, just go ahead and book it and join me in the eager wait for the BIRD.
All the best.
Old 8th January 2011, 15:46   #17

One thing i can guarantee you is the Engine of a TBTS.
I Completed a 2,500Km trip from Dec 26th 2010 to 1st Jan 2011 (5 days) and ALONE
The ride was from Mysore - Mangalore - Cochin - Kanyakumari - Rameshwaram - Madurai - Coimbatore - ooty - Mysore.
never did my baby miss a single beat or slip on a single curve.

Abhi
Old 8th January 2011, 17:21   #18
BHPian

@itsprak, I own a Bullet STD 350 bought from RE dealer in coimbatore. They don't show much interest in selling their motorcycles to you. Its anyway upto us to get all the needed info from them. There is nothing to write about servicing also.

@Abhi2902, congrats on your ride, even I am interested in such long distance touring. A detailed travelogue would be helpful...
Old 8th January 2011, 20:51   #19
BHPian

Booking a bull is certainly a joy! I hope you get yours soon racingmachine. One question though, in general, would you guys recommend a 2006 TBTS for a person like me who has ridden an RE Bullet just once (and I didn't know what kind it was)? I am just 5Ft 6Inches for your kind information. But I want one and it is there. Would picking her up be advisable in my context. Kindly help Gurus.

Cheers
Champion
Old 8th January 2011, 21:22   #20
Team-BHP Support

If your concern is about your height, then rest assured at 5 feet 6 Inches you are not gonna have any issues with the bike.

Do take a test ride and just check if you are ok with the posture.
Especially with the bike at standstill. If you are comfortably able to maintain balance for about 3 minutes. You should be able to ride this bike w/o issues.
3 minutes as that is the longest you may spend in a signal.
Old 9th January 2011, 06:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
Hi guys....
5) Can you please suggest the riding gear to be worn .....
@Racingmachine; you will love the TB. Its a great cruiser and as a bulleter you will definitely know about the running in. In any case just follow the manual and you will have a trouble-free bike. Regarding the riding gear, although gloves are a must, also consider a good riding jacket with thermal inners if you happen to travel at night. You can check on cramsters (Cramster® - India's Favourite Riding Gear and Motorcycle Luggage: Saddlebags Tankbags Jackets Gloves for Touring Racing Motocross on Royal Enfield Pulsar Bajaj Karizma). They are VFM. Also other brands are available like alpine stars, DSG (DSG Nero Jacket - Rs5,499.00). Happy thumping
Old 9th January 2011, 10:10   #22
BHPian

Thanks bblost. Issue is I am not in the country at the moment and that makes it impossible for me to test drive the TBTS. Hmmm. Perhaps I will have to do that when I drop down without buying the TBTS beforehand. Thanks all the same.

Cheers
Champion

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks