Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2010, 03:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: RTO Agent in Gurgaon?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by '72 Bullet View Post
@khoj - Thanks for your advice sir. I tried finding out about that. The RTO in Dehradun told me getting your NOC by correspondence is not an option anymore(for the past 3-4 years) due to the number of scams.
Hey, no problem at all and well the RTO is wrong.

I sold my OHC in 2008 with DL plates in MH and got the NOC from DL via AAUI but without ever visiting either the RTO or the AAUI offices. Correspondence still works but you necessarily need to go through the local chapter of the AA of the given region. No RTO has a more tedious procedure than the DL guys for issuing an NOC, yet the AAUI got this done in 5 to 6 weeks, commendable. Currently the car wears MH plates.

BTW are you in Ggn or Ddn?
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2010, 11:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

@ Khoj yes that stands true. incase you have to transfer the car in a different name when in a different state. but for instance i have a PUNJAB number Bike or car, if i have to drive it in UP there would not be any problem. untill i plan to sell it off and the buyer wants to register it in UP. if they want to then they need the NOC from the last registration RTO.

BUt for some reason in south it is weird. i had to let go a job because if the fact if i move to Banglore and i have a Punjab Registered Vehicle i have to get the bike or car registred there and get the Number changed to one of KA. no offence to KA but i like my Punjab Numbers. so i took rather not to take up a job in Bangy.
Old 25th December 2010, 15:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
BUt for some reason in south it is weird. i had to let go a job because if the fact if i move to Banglore and i have a Punjab Registered Vehicle i have to get the bike or car registred there and get the Number changed to one of KA. no offence to KA but i like my Punjab Numbers. so i took rather not to take up a job in Bangy.
Oh boy! I know people are passionate about these little digits but you take the cake Ok read on in case you get a job offer again. All that you need to do to retain your old PB numbers once you are settled in any state starting from MH Southwards is that you go to your local RTO and pay the road tax, you are also required to give in writing that while you are paying the state the required road tax you would be retaining your old numbers etc. Keep the money receipt and any other papers with you. The next time you are stopped just show the papers and you are good to go. This method is being employed by quite a few members in AP, KA etc under advise from the RTOs in their areas and I read this on the forum itself.

The motor vehicle act actually allows up to one year's time for any one to pay the road tax etc. at their new place of residence and that too if you are going to be there on a continuing basis. However as with all govt departments the RTOs too have targets to meet and therefore the officers on the road conveniently forget this rule and challan anyone that they can find with out of state plates.

I drive all around the North and Western parts of the country with HR plates but what I do is that every other time I am in Dilli I get a PUC done just before starting off. Now Dilli PUC's are real nice as they incorporate a colour picture of your vehicle complete with the plates and the date and time of the photo within the certificate. This little piece of paper has been good enough for all of the RTO officers who have stopped me for the out of state plates.
Old 29th December 2011, 20:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
If you do not have a NOC, valid PUC and Insurance, you will not be able to the bike registered in Gurgaon. Anyways authorities in NCR are not much concerned about out of state vehicles.

I am posting the lists of documents you will require to get your vehicle registered.
Hi Anshuman, I need to register my Pune registered car in Gurgaon and I have obtained the NOC from RTO Pune.

In this regard, would you know from where I could get "Clearance from National Crime Record Bureau"; also, does RTO accept mobile phone bills / copy of lease and licence agreement as address proof?

Thanks for help!
Old 30th December 2011, 15:59   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Hi Anshuman, I need to register my Pune registered car in Gurgaon and I have obtained the NOC from RTO Pune.

In this regard, would you know from where I could get "Clearance from National Crime Record Bureau"; also, does RTO accept mobile phone bills / copy of lease and licence agreement as address proof?

Thanks for help!
Check this link for details about NCRB. Getting a clearance letter from NCRB is a very easy process, it got it around a decade back from their Chandigarh office when i bought an used Cielo. Find their office in NCR.

Not sure about the phone bill but they do accept Notarised Lease agreements as a proof of address along with some Photo ID(not necessarily of the same address).

Last edited by .anshuman : 30th December 2011 at 16:00.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 20:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
no offence to KA but i like my Punjab Numbers. so i took rather not to take up a job in Bangy.
No offense taken by any KA member but hats off to you to let go of a job opportunity (which I am sure was very well paying than you currently in)! You are one of a kind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
you go to your local RTO and pay the road tax, you are also required to give in writing that while you are paying the state the required road tax you would be retaining your old numbers etc. Keep the money receipt and any other papers with you. The next time you are stopped just show the papers and you are good to go. This method is being employed by quite a few members in AP, KA etc under advise from the RTOs in their areas and I read this on the forum itself.
Absolutely! The best thing to do for non-ka vehicles plying in KA!

Many non-KA vehicles are simply shipped into KA and happily driven till they are caught by the RTO and then pay up hefty RT without worrying about re-registering the vehicle in KA again.

The RTO have tasted blood now and they are now targetting DL/UP/AP/TN/PY number plates for chunks of money flows into the coffers (legally as RT, illegally as bribes to be let off).
Old 26th March 2012, 21:41   #22
BHPian

Thanks Anshuman for your guidance. I finally got my car registered in Gurgaon today (delayed due to laziness on my part).

For benefit of others who may need to re-register their vehicles in Gurgaon, the process is as under (assuming you've got the NOC from the earlier RTO):

Step 1) Collect various documents as indicated by Anshuman in his post on page 1.

Specific clarifications on couple of docs is as under:

NCRB clearance letter
Clearance letter from NCRB can be taken from their office behind Hotel Hayatt in N. Delhi. Window opens at 10 am and if you reach by that time, you should be free in max 20-30 mins. The queue was minimal when I went on a Friday. Take a photocopy of RC and put your name, vehicles name, full engine no and chassis no on the xerox copy (for their ease of reading) and give it along with Rs 10. No specific form is stipulated.

Address proof
The police and RTO are averse to accepting a mobile / land line bill from a private operator. A bank statement / lease agreement along with copy of ID proof of land lord will do. I also attached a letter from employer along with my ID card.

In addition, get an affidavit made for new car registration on Rs 10/- stamp paper. Can be easily obtained from typists sitting in court compound next to RTO.

You will also require a letter from car manufacturer / dealer that the vehicle is Bharat Stage III compliant. In case of Hyundai, a message on the contact form on their website worked. The letter came directly from Hyundai.

Step 2) Take the vehicle along with the docs above to the police guy for checking. They sit outside the motor vehicle registration office (kuccha ground outside the premises, right opposite the gate facing NH8). Total time taken: 10 minutes

Step 3) Take the docs to police control room on 3rd floor of RTO office building, where another police person will again verify the documents and an ASI will sign: Time taken: 5 - 10 minutes

Step 4) Go to e seva hall on ground floor to MV registration counter (applicable for private vehicles), check for fees payable (prevalent calculation was 2% of insured value plus Rs 1,100), pay the same, submit the documents and get the registration number. RC should follow in 30 days. Time taken: Depends on the queue at fee payment counter, took me 20 minutes when I visited at 9:30 am (opening time, they operate till 1 pm).

Trust this would be useful for those who might still want a Gurgaon number despite benevolence of traffic cops in NCR.

Last edited by bloodred : 26th March 2012 at 21:44.
bloodred is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 09:28   #23
BHPian

Hi Guys
The thread has some useful information and I would be grateful if Anshuman/ Bloodred can advice me.
I am currently based out of Thane and will be shifting to Gurgaon in Dec'12. I have company car registered in Tardeo RTO which I'll need to buyout. Options I have:
1. Transfer the car in my name with address at thane and run it in gurgaon without any re-registration. Can someone confirm if octroi will be applicable? I guess it will be.
2. Transfer the car to Gurgaon and pay the Tax there. The IDV is around 4.5L and car is 2009 registered. Any idea how much will be the expenses- Taxes+RTO
Also, I wont have any proper address proof as I'll be staying in a rented place. At max I can get a Citibank/ICICI bank statement with the new address. However, the problem may be compounded by the fact that the family may not shift immediately and therefore even a lease agreement may not be there!!!
3. Transfer the Car to my hometown in Lucknow, In-laws place in Japiur. What are the tax rates in these cities?

I'm thoroughly confused and dont know what to do but after reading this thread, I think best option is the first one.
Old 21st October 2012, 11:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadmumbai View Post
I'm thoroughly confused and dont know what to do but after reading this thread, I think best option is the first one.
Without a doubt. NCR cops are uber chillaxed in these matters (as much as amdavadi cops for that matter). None of that stuck up crap like other cities
Old 21st October 2012, 13:19   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman

Without a doubt. NCR cops are uber chillaxed in these matters (as much as amdavadi cops for that matter). None of that stuck up crap like other cities
Agreed, not only ncr but almost all of north India, nobody bothers with road tax thing with out of state vehicles.

@sharad- I'd pick the first option, drive your car with Maharashtra registration Nobody will bother with road tax or octroi.

Last edited by .anshuman : 21st October 2012 at 13:23.
Old 21st October 2012, 21:35   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Quote:
Agreed, not only ncr but almost all of north India, nobody bothers with road tax thing with out of state vehicles.

@sharad- I'd pick the first option, drive your car with Maharashtra registration Nobody will bother with road tax or octroi.
Phamilyman/Anshuman: I would have done the same thing but irony is that I need to buy out the car as it is currently not in my name. Which means that I need to shift from Mumbai RTO to Thane RTO leading to Octroi payment in thane as well. The rate is 5% of IDV in the insurance papers. In that case, I feel that its best to transfer directly to Gurgaon where the Tax is 4% as far as my online research has yielded.
I also came across 1 website called automateindia.com in gurgaon. I have send the enquiry mail today. No response till now. Does anyone else have any experience with them?
Tks

Last edited by sharadmumbai : 21st October 2012 at 21:36.
Old 21st October 2012, 23:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not true. Chandigarh and punjab vehicles have the thing for film etc - they love to trap delhi/gurgaon etc vehicles IMHO. They don't harass like BLR, but do so in their own little ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadmumbai View Post
Phamilyman/Anshuman: I would have done the same thing but irony is that I need to buy out the car as it is currently not in my name. Which means that I need to shift from Mumbai RTO to Thane RTO leading to Octroi payment in thane as well. The rate is 5% of IDV in the insurance papers. In that case, I feel that its best to transfer directly to Gurgaon where the Tax is 4% as far as my online research has yielded
a. Get a rent agreement made in the area of your choice with some colleague - open a sarkari bank account. on that basis you can register it in your name. wait a month max if u need to.

I had to do this bank account routine in gurgaon myself because of sarkari fundae. You're a mumbaikar right? so buy the car where you are most liable to keep it (ofc if u like disposing them early, then transfer to gurgaon).
Old 22nd October 2012, 12:23   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman
Not true. Chandigarh and punjab vehicles have the thing for film etc - they love to trap delhi/gurgaon etc vehicles IMHO. They don't harass like BLR, but do so in their own little ways.
But they never bother with the out of state road tax thing even if the vehicle stays there for decades
Old 6th December 2012, 15:35   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hey, no problem at all and well the RTO is wrong.

I sold my OHC in 2008 with DL plates in MH and got the NOC from DL via AAUI but without ever visiting either the RTO or the AAUI offices. Correspondence still works but you necessarily need to go through the local chapter of the AA of the given region. No RTO has a more tedious procedure than the DL guys for issuing an NOC, yet the AAUI got this done in 5 to 6 weeks, commendable. Currently the car wears MH plates.

BTW are you in Ggn or Ddn?
-----
Hi, I have a question for you. Did you actually just approach the AAUI for moving your registration from DL to MH? I have a car from HR and want to move it to MH. I'm already in MH for close 10 months.

Please reply...

Thanks,
Old 6th December 2012, 18:20   #30
Senior - BHPian

Well, I have been a member of the AAUI off and on purely on need only basis. I suggest you approach the AA of WI, they have their office in one of the buildings adjoining Churchgate station. IIRC it is the same building which houses the Coffee Board's eatery. Talk to them and they will certainly help. It will be easier for you to follow up with them rather than communicating with the AAUI here in Dilli. The West India association will do all of the communication with the AAUI & other authorities involved in your behalf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdd1225 View Post
-----
Hi, I have a question for you. Did you actually just approach the AAUI for moving your registration from DL to MH? I have a car from HR and want to move it to MH. I'm already in MH for close 10 months.

Please reply...

Thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks