Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2010, 23:23   #1
BHPian

RTO Agent in Gurgaon?!?

Hi guys,

Anyone know a good RTO agent who can help be process papers?

Thanks in advance
Old 22nd December 2010, 23:42   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: RTO Agent in Gurgaon?!?

The registration process is very simple in Gurgaon. I just got my car registered here this week, the whole process took only minutes. Obviously i knew the whole process. I'd suggest you to take out some time and get the work done yourself.

I never ever get my cars registered through dealer/agents. Please post a query if you have any doubts regarding the process.

Last edited by .anshuman : 22nd December 2010 at 23:44.
Old 23rd December 2010, 18:40   #3
BHPian

Thank you sir,

Will give it a shot tomorrow, if it doesn't work will get back to you.

My case is a little complicated.
  • It's an old bike registered in TN
  • Don't have NOC
  • Insurance, taxes etc. have all expired
  • was in storage for 2 years or so
Am not bothered about registering it here. All I need is to pay off all my taxes and insurance and make it street-legal.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
P
Old 23rd December 2010, 19:09   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

If you do not have a NOC, valid PUC and Insurance, you will not be able to the bike registered in Gurgaon. Anyways authorities in NCR are not much concerned about out of state vehicles.

I am posting the lists of documents you will require to get your vehicle registered.

Quote:
If a registered owner of a vehicle brings the vehicle to Haryana, which is already registered in some other state after obtaining a N.O.C. from the concerned State can apply for re-registration in Haryana. The documents required are as under :

Other state registration certificate in original
Form No.28 (NOC in duplicate)
Form No.27 (in duplicate)
Form No.20
Attested copy of address proof.
Attested copy of valid insurance
Attested copy of pollution under control certificate
Challan clearance report in case of commercial vehicle only
Fitness certificate issued by the Board of Inspection for commercial vehicles only
Clearance from National Crime Record Bureau
Road tax (as applicable)
Prescribed fee for registration.
Municipal fee, if any.
Old 23rd December 2010, 19:47   #5

Hi Anshuman,

I stay in Gurgaon and recently got a used Alto from Delhi. I have not yet transferred the registration of the car to my name.

The person from whom I got the car suggested to me to transfer the registration in delhi itself by making an address proof in delhi rather than doing it from Gurgaon as he cited it will be more expensive. Is he correct and could you please guide me on the process as I am completely unaware about the process and new to this whole thing. If there are any threads on this, could you please guide me to the same.

The car is delhi registered and I have address proof of Gurgaon. I have the form 29 and ID proof of the previous owner as well as the RC. Also since the insurance had expired I have renewed it in my name. Will that be of any prob during transfer of registration.

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th December 2010, 00:02   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Craackpot, You need to have all the documents mentioned in post#5 to get a used car from other state registered here. I am not sure about the costs of getting a used car registered here, but getting a new car registered in Gurgaon is much cheaper compared to Delhi.

Last edited by .anshuman : 24th December 2010 at 00:04.
Old 24th December 2010, 03:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by '72 Bullet View Post
My case is a little complicated.
  • It's an old bike registered in TN
  • Don't have NOC
  • Insurance, taxes etc. have all expired
  • was in storage for 2 years or so
Am not bothered about registering it here. All I need is to pay off all my taxes and insurance and make it street-legal.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
P
The advice would be to stay put and just enjoy your bike. One thing about the NCR police infact RJ northwards is that they do not hound out of state vehicles. The only thing is that your RC should be clean and original, insurance in effect and the PUC valid. if the answers are yes to all of these then it does not matter whether your bike/vehicle is registered in TN or JK. Most likely even if you want to try you would be shooed off.

I myself have been driving my MH registered vehicle in NCR without any hassles and only ensured that my insurance and PUC are current and that is that.

EDIT Read your post again and noticed that your taxes have expired. Hmm that means even if you want to register it you cannot without getting an NOC from TN which they will not give you till your taxes are paid up to date. Again you can pay the TN taxes so that your RC is valid and continue with the same number in HR
OR if you must, then get the NOC and re register in HR, the taxes will be ~ 1% or so. However and it is a big however that you may not be allowed to register that old a bike in NCR unless it comes under the classics umbrella. In which case either you will need to pay higher taxes or come a full circle and just ride on with your current tax paid TN number.

@craackpot
The seller is correct regarding the convenience involved. I trust the tax paid are current and valid in which case within Delhi the transfer of ownership will not involve tax payment but a small fee. This can be easily done.

Registering the ownership in HR will involve getting an NOC from the Delhi authority by whom the original RC was issued and this takes time. It is just a time consuming process however if you are keen to do it you can go ahead and get the owner to apply for it since you cannot. An easy and not a very expensive way of doing it is by becoming a member of the AAUI. Take an annual membership and apply through them. The beauty is that they will do all the follow up and inform you as and when this is done, after which it is a breeze to transfer ownership and re register at HR. BTW do explain to the fellow at AAUI the complete scenario before paying the membership fees cause they might need the owner to become the member instead of you, not necessarily maybe. www.aaui.org

Also when you rergister in HR you will need to have the original invoice copy of the ALTO for the authority to calculate tax. In case you do not have it they will make do with the current value of the same car per their data and calculate tax accordingly.

Last edited by khoj : 24th December 2010 at 03:46.
Old 24th December 2010, 12:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

i have been riding a Punjab registered Bullet (1984 registered) for last 5 years. all i do i get a insurance done every year. and it works out fine. i have been stoped aroun 4 or 5 times in 5 years. never been asked for tax and things. oh in Gurgaon i have never been stoped it was just in delhi. so dont bother. its actually more of a hassel in South that they create a PANGA over a outside state registration.

in addition to this i ride a RX which is 16 years old and does not have taxes paid but has a PUC and insurance.

i hope you get the drift
Old 24th December 2010, 13:24   #9
BHPian

Thank you all for your input guys.

Since I don't have the NOC, I guess i'll just get mu insurance and OUC up to date and carry on riding.

Just wanted to know if green tax, road tax etc. can be paid off here at the Gurgaon RTO and be made up to date or if I really need to go back to the initial RTO?
Old 24th December 2010, 14:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

@ '72 Bullet
I believe you would have to revert to the original RTO in TN. Infact you too could benefit from a visit to the AAUI as they could take up your case with their corresponding AA in TN to get the paperwork done. The first car I bought was a Maruti registered in WB and the AAUI worked with their counterparts in WB to get me a NOC and registered the car in DL. It took them 4 months plus but this was nearly 20 years ago and they had snail mail and booked trunk calls to contend with. Today with email and courier etc. they should be able to do it faster and given their accumulated experience since then a better job too.

Last edited by khoj : 24th December 2010 at 14:02.
Old 24th December 2010, 14:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

Damn - desi bhai beat me to it.

Long story short, chill, keep a PUC, RC papers xerox (no one reads about tax), insurance handy

and when all else fails, there's the image of Gandhi.
Old 24th December 2010, 16:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

Wah Phamilyman you are really a champ when it comes to all this.
Old 24th December 2010, 22:10   #13
BHPian

@khoj - Thanks for your advice sir. I tried finding out about that. The RTO in Dehradun told me getting your NOC by correspondence is not an option anymore(for the past 3-4 years) due to the number of scams.

@desideep and phamilyman - Guess I'll be going along with your advice. Will just get my insurance and PUC on Monday then I'll be good to go . Just one question, is just the Xerox of my RC enough? I thought originals were mandatory.
Old 24th December 2010, 23:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

Originals mandatory? Not in my 1.5L+ km of driving across this country

original licence and PUC you can keep. Logic is that original RC is enough to sell the vehicle whereas original license's impounding/loss means nothing. Atleast that's what I've followed without any hitch.

@desi - chall ae. aiwain
Old 25th December 2010, 00:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

Keep the originals no harm

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks