Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2013, 22:50   #31
BHPian

Re: RTO Agent in Gurgaon?!?

I was stopped at a check naka in Gurgaon last week. Typical paper check, but more stringent than usual -- they were stopping 60-70% of the cars.

I was stopped - probably seeing a MH number they felt there was some opportunity.

I presented the papers - the guy saw all that in great detail and finally with a very sour face bundled all the papers together and handed over to me. As the guys behind were honking, I started off. Later I realized that my DL was missing.

Now, what do I do? I possibly cannot go to the police and say "a cop stole my license". Besides, I don't know if it was intentional or unintentional; and it was definitely my fault, I should have checked.
My DL also was issued in Pune, which complicates matters further.

I need to get a DL asap to get back to driving. Any solutions / suggestions? Or any agent who can help?
chinkara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 12:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
I was stopped at a check naka in Gurgaon last week. Typical paper check, but more stringent than usual -- they were stopping 60-70% of the cars.

I was stopped - probably seeing a MH number they felt there was some opportunity.

I presented the papers - the guy saw all that in great detail and finally with a very sour face bundled all the papers together and handed over to me. As the guys behind were honking, I started off. Later I realized that my DL was missing.

Now, what do I do? I possibly cannot go to the police and say "a cop stole my license". Besides, I don't know if it was intentional or unintentional; and it was definitely my fault, I should have checked.
My DL also was issued in Pune, which complicates matters further.

I need to get a DL asap to get back to driving. Any solutions / suggestions? Or any agent who can help?
Read HR transport website, collect docs and visit RTO Gurgaon to get a new license made. Staff there is fairly helpful and I didn't face any problem / demands / middlemen while getting my car transferred.

Alternatively, contact an RTO agent in Pune and get a duplicate one made. Pune RTO works through agents, unlike Gurgaon. PM me if you need a contact. There was one I used couple of years back to get NOC issued for a vehicle transfer.
bloodred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 20:49   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The registration process is very simple in Gurgaon. I just got my car registered here this week, the whole process took only minutes. Obviously i knew the whole process. I'd suggest you to take out some time and get the work done yourself.

I never ever get my cars registered through dealer/agents. Please post a query if you have any doubts regarding the process.
Hi Anshuman, Do you mean used cars or new cars? By the way, is it possible to register a new car on your own? You see, I'm also from Gurgaon and plan on getting a new car however, I was just comparing the registration charges quoted by most car dealerships and they are almost 75% more than the actual govt rates. I agree that there are a number of "under-the-table" charges incurred also however, 75% more is nowhere justified. I would really appreciate it if you can throw some light on this subject. Thanks!
Old 11th December 2013, 09:36   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajasitlhou View Post
Hi Anshuman, Do you mean used cars or new cars? By the way, is it possible to register a new car on your own? You see, I'm also from Gurgaon and plan on getting a new car however, I was just comparing the registration charges quoted by most car dealerships and they are almost 75% more than the actual govt rates. I agree that there are a number of "under-the-table" charges incurred also however, 75% more is nowhere justified. I would really appreciate it if you can throw some light on this subject. Thanks!
I always get my cars registered on my own, both used and new cars. This year we got a friend's Rexton registered, i got my XUV500 transferred through Gurgaon RTO.

Just ask the car dealership to handover the documents to you. Similarly the Insurance from outside the dealership costs considerably cheaper too, just negotiate, it's well within your rights to get Insurance and Registration done on your own.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 10:19   #35
BHPian

An update wrt NCRB. You can now get the report online from ncrb.nic.in and no longer need to visit their office in N Delhi.
bloodred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2014, 18:13   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I always get my cars registered on my own, both used and new cars. This year we got a friend's Rexton registered, i got my XUV500 transferred through Gurgaon RTO.
Hi Anshuman,

What is the process of transfer of old cars in Gurgaon? And what is the prescribed fee, etc.

I need RC name transfer (sale) and ICICI HP terminate .

Thanks.
Old 31st August 2014, 21:10   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Hi Anshuman,

What is the process of transfer of old cars in Gurgaon? And what is the prescribed fee, etc.

I need RC name transfer (sale) and ICICI HP terminate .

Thanks.
Get these documents-
  • Form 28 with NOC granted from RTO where Vehicle is originally registered.(28 not required if Vehicle registered in same RTO)
  • Forms 29 & 30.
  • Registration Certificate in Original.
  • NCRB Report.
  • PUC and Insurance.
  • Affidavit by seller.
  • Buyer's Address Proof.(In case of Lease deed, only Registered Deeds accepted, Notarized not accepted.)
  • Nominal Fees(I don't remember)
  • Hypothecation Release Documents from Bank in case of bank financed vehicles.

Go to Mini Secretariat next to court complex, deposit these documents to SDM office(RTO in Haryana for private vehicles is under local SDM) and collect the new RC in a few days. The temporary slip issued is valid as RC for a month.
Old 31st August 2014, 23:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Get these documents-
  • Form 28 with NOC granted from RTO where Vehicle is originally registered.(28 not required if Vehicle registered in same RTO)
Thanks. It is local transfer of name in the same RTO (HR26).
Old 29th January 2015, 17:09   #39
BHPian

I am planning to buy a pre owned car in Gurgaon( HR26). The car is in the name of this guy's company. He also owns the company. Now what are the documents i will be needing to transfer it to me?

I am sure address proof will be one of them. Does rent agreement hold good for this? If yes does it have to be of Gurgaon or Faridabad will also work?

Lastly can anybody please share contact info of any agent whom i can contact for this process.
Old 8th May 2016, 22:57   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Get these documents-
  • Forms 29 & 30.
  • Registration Certificate in Original.
  • NCRB Report.
  • PUC and Insurance.
  • Affidavit by seller.
  • Buyer's Address Proof.(In case of Lease deed, only Registered Deeds accepted, Notarized not accepted.)
  • Nominal Fees(I don't remember)
  • Hypothecation Release Documents from Bank in case of bank financed vehicles.

Go to Mini Secretariat next to court complex, deposit these documents to SDM office(RTO in Haryana for private vehicles is under local SDM) and collect the new RC in a few days. The temporary slip issued is valid as RC for a month.
Can you please tell me whether cars from rest of Haryana count as outside state cars in Gurgaon since Gurgaon is a part of NCR region. Can a car from HR-05 (karnal) be readily sold/ registered in Gurgaon since Haryana road tax has already been paid. Will this be regarded as an inter state transfer or an intra state transfer?

Last edited by bullrun87 : 8th May 2016 at 23:01.
Old 8th May 2016, 23:30   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by '72 Bullet View Post
Thank you sir,

Will give it a shot tomorrow, if it doesn't work will get back to you.

My case is a little complicated.
  • It's an old bike registered in TN
  • Don't have NOC
  • Insurance, taxes etc. have all expired
  • was in storage for 2 years or so
Am not bothered about registering it here. All I need is to pay off all my taxes and insurance and make it street-legal.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
P
as suggested by 'Khoj', get it done through AAUI, it will take time but will be hassle proof and you will pay only whats needed

I have taken their help, few times in the past in some complicated cases and they help you get the job done, just that you need to have patience to go about it
Old 8th May 2016, 23:37   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
Can you please tell me whether cars from rest of Haryana count as outside state cars in Gurgaon since Gurgaon is a part of NCR region. Can a car from HR-05 (karnal) be readily sold/ registered in Gurgaon since Haryana road tax has already been paid. Will this be regarded as an inter state transfer or an intra state transfer?
NCR is a telecom circle and a taxi permit. It has nothing to do with the state apparatus. So, Gurgaon is every bit Haryana wrt to Road tax and reregistration.
On a lighter note, few months back, I had heard that Karnal is also being added to NCR. So, if you wait a while, this query wouldn't matter.
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 23:49   #43
BHPian

Globe motor driving school. Sikander pur. Google number
Old 8th May 2016, 23:51   #44
BHPian

Is address proof a mandatory requirement for removal of hypothecation. I wish to get hypothecation removed from my RC but have recently moved from Gurgaon to Dwarka which complicates matters in getting address proof. I presently have following documents.

RC
Form 35 from bank
PUC
Insurance papers
Old 9th May 2016, 11:31   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
Yes, both the places are in the same state- Haryana, so there is no issue with road tax, and most probably even if you register in Gurgaon the registration number will remain the same.

But, you may have issues if the car older than Euro-4, I am not sure of the exact status.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks